logo

Germanwings Airlines-
Discriminatory mistreatment at Stuttgart airport
3. (8 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fraud - deducted money without permission
4. (10 mins ago)

Posted:    X_Ally Customer

Lease buy out

Ally Bank
Michigan
These guys really take the cake. Had a lease thru GMAC and decided
to buy the car at the end of the lease with one payment remaining.
Called Ally and they told me to go to the dealer I leased the car
with. So I went to the dealer they got a pay-off and we did the transaction.
For the next weeks Ally kept calling me about he last payment which was included
in the buy-out. To make things worse they left my account open and refused to close
it even after receiving the funds from the dealer. Endless calls to the Philippines
to close this account when I was informed that part of the paper work from the dealer
was not to there liking. Called the dealer again and was told everything was submitted
and approved. Again the next day I get a call from Ally collection debt stating my
account is deliquent. One of the big problems with Ally is that everything is done in the
philippines and not in the U.S. I've purchased several cars in the past at the end of my
lease at GMAC localy and walked out with the account closed. Ally is a joke and I
intend to file a complaint with the government. So as of today they have had my money for over
two weeks and I get 12 harrassing calls and negative credit by doing exactly what they asked me to do.
Idiots!!!

Will never use Ally or GMAC as long as I live!!!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Oct, 2011 by   NatalieDee -1 Votes
I work for Ally and we don't have anything in the Phillipines. Not sure what you're talking about.
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   W Doug T 0 Votes
Ally is not the company you want to do business. I am coming to the end of an ALLY lease and called to arrange a buyout at lease end. I have leased no less that 9 different cars with other lease companies and have never had one mark up the residual by $2, 500.00 at lease end. Every other lease company I have done business with allows the customer to buy the car at lease end for the residual. NOT ALLY. I feel like a fool for signing the lease agreement that allows them to do this to me. This is how you run customers off for life. Sneak something into a contract that is different that all the competition so the consumer is not looking for it. Look out anyone leasing a Chrysler, Dodge Jeep or General Motors product because ALLY is the lease company.
 2nd of May, 2013 by   DHCA 0 Votes
NatalieDee - do you really know what you are talking about. I just got off the phone with an Ally representative and she was on the Philippines. Maybe you have no clue about the company you are working for?
 5th of Aug, 2013 by   Superbird 426 0 Votes
W Doug T is absolutely correct. I have prepaid lease which means I already bought the car down to the residual, and they want to tack on another $2, 500 for buyout. This is nothing short of theft, and is unconscionable. Not only will I never again deal with Ally, but I will never again buy a GM vehicle. Congrats on another lost customer!
 25th of Jul, 2014 by   40yearfan 0 Votes
Add me to the list. I've been leasing GM cars through GMAC and Ally for over 4 decades with never a problem until I decided to turn my 2012 Cadillac SRX in on a Buick Enclave. The additional $2, 500 kicker puts it out of the range where the dealer could take it in and turn a nice profit, so I either come up with the difference of finish my lease out. I plan on finishing the lease out and putting Ally and General Motors on my don't not patronize list.

4 Uncommon Ways to Earn More Cash