logo

John Kenney Aka Pobama25@yahoo.com

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aldi, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Why are credit cards not accepted?

Aldi Contacts & Informations

Aldi

Posted: 2012-04-20 by    Ycomplain?

Why are credit cards not accepted?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I find it demoralizing that Aldi accepts welfare credit cards, has all the equipment for processing credit payments but does not accept consumer credit cards. I'm sure that most consumers would gladly pay a 1 or 2% premium for accepting credit cards thus invalidating Aldi's claim that they're not accepting credit cards to save you, the consumer, money. If they chose a premium that represented their actual cost, the consumer would have the choice of either using their credit card and paying the premium or simply paying cash. Personally, I believe Aldi doesn't care what the consumer thinks. To accentuate this point on a recent shopping trip to Aldi I chose not to play the ball and chain
$.25 shopping cart routine and instead put my groceries in a empty Aldi box. Upon checkout the clerk told me that I would have to take everything out of the box and put it on the conveyor belt before she could ring it up. When I asked her why she couldn't simply take them out of the box as she rang them up; she said that I would have to take everything out of the box except the head of lettuce. When I asked if she was serious she told me that it was Aldi's corporate rules. Aldi rule #1, consumers concerns are not important. When all is said and done it's really all about the lettuce.

Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2012 by   hazeldunkel 0 Votes
I agree with you, I my Capital One card was denied at Aldi because they won't take it. I had to leave all the groceries there and go to a bank across the street to get a cash advance which was another fee.
 9th of Mar, 2013 by   Why The Long Faces 0 Votes
There is a sign on the door and in the store that plainly says they do not accept credit cards. The reason they are cheap is that they keep their costs down by not supplying bags (which stores pay over a million dollars a year for if they are a big corporation), they do not pay credit card processing fees by not taking cards, they charge a deposit for use of their carts, which is smart, and they make you unload your cart to the belt, also smart.

People complain all the time about how expensive things are, but they never take into account how much it costs to run a business. Aldi also does not allow their customers to abuse their employees, which is another plus in my book. If you want fancy, go elsewhere.
 9th of Mar, 2013 by   Why The Long Faces 0 Votes
Aldi doesn't care what you think. They are a business and do business their way. If you do not like the way they do business, shop elsewhere. As for the credit card being declined, learn to read. There are signs on the front door and in the store as well as at the checkout that plainly state they do not accept credit cards. And one person, 1% isn't much. But Aldi gets more than one customer, and those percents add up.

Good for them for not bowing to pressure. Another thing I love about Aldi is they do not allow customers to wreck their store or abuse their employees.
 11th of Mar, 2013 by   liberty1776 0 Votes
Why do you have to be a jerk when you go there?

Samsung Mobile Unpacked - CTIA 2011 Conference Highlights