logo

The Hair Shoppe
Bad hair color
3. (20 mins ago)
Pet Shipping GK Service
The puppy was never delivered
4. (23 mins ago)
Booking.com
Awful Customer Service & Inaccurate Website
5. (24 mins ago)
xmeeting.com
no messages or response from members

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2012-08-12 by    silistupidme

A platform for cheaters

Airbnb
Netherlands
Airbnb - a platform for cheaters
I am duped both by airbnb & the host. Airbnb just won't intervene when the host sneakily added a surcharge to my bill by calling it a discount and fees waived in a vague message at payment time. All because airbnb payment system billed me in a different currency (euros) from the currency quoted ($) by the host thereby obscuring the total amount. Payment was also just a 1 page credit card confirmation without showing breakdowns, warning or any essential information. No breakdown is displayed on their bills or receipts.
When I discovered the discrepancy (1 day after payment), airbnb insisted that it is my fault as i've paid up and refused to do anything even though all their email threads showed that the host has admitted to me of her false info and that info on listing was not consistent with what was charged. It does not matter to airbnb that the host has violated the critical airbnb's 'transparency' rule.
I'm trapped now (with thousands of $ of cancellation) as airbnb will uphold nothing fair for the guest but will uphold only the strict cancellation policy - in the interest of the host & themselves. Clearly, airbnb has no intention of enforcing their own 6-simple rules - at least not the rule for host's misbehavior or cheating ways. The rules are as good as window-mannequin to deceit first timers like me.
Now, even after my acceding to the host's new price, airbnb still claim they're unable to contact the host to effect the changes. (so much for communication between airbnb & the host). Come 1 day later from now, I'll b forced into the 0% no-refund timeline. I can't help but feel like the stupid fool who has unknowingly &gullibly stepped on a boobie-trap.
Cust service had only robotically cut&paste lines of their policies to bypass the issue that i brought up about the host and their system; and had only suggested the penalty cancellation as the only solution - that I take the rap for the host and airbnb mistake. From this experience, i can only conclude that airbnb had not taken (and would not take) an impartial stand before issues are sorted out. The concept of fairness for airbnb as a mediator has no central role in the mediation process. Airbnb is as good as the gangster on the streets.
I've never had such a harrowing experience with other booking system as airbnb - 2 weeks of constant daily emailing & follow-up, pushing both airbnb & host is exhausting.
U R better off going to other matured booking systems.
I'm writing this so that others do not have to go through my nitemare. A nitemare for a holiday is something u dun wanna have - although i'm still hoping this nitemare will end soon. And I've too much screen dumps to load here. Just need a rest for now, for another day of battle with them.
BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL!!!
Comments Netherlands Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Save Money by Planning the Several Meals with One Ingredient