logo

Asset West Property Management Ltd
Darren Potter Steals Money
3. (5 mins ago)
Madhouse-Parts.com
I have never received parts or refund.
4. (13 mins ago)

Airasia Complaints & Reviews - It's a pain to call AirAsia

Airasia Contacts & Informations

Airasia

Posted:    tcmean

It's a pain to call AirAsia

AirAsia
Malaysia
airasia.com
Have you ever call up to AirAsia customer service hotline? What do you think about the customer service hotline? For me, it's totally a pain to call them up. Why is it so? I recently made a call to the customer service hotline to change my flight to a later date. First when I was connected, I get a recorded message that last 30 seconds which is not able to skip by pressing any number. After making the right way into speaking to a customer service representative, I was put on the line for more than 20 minutes for listening to their annoying music and machine recorded voice:

Oh! That's great. I was paying expensive call charges to listen to that annoying music and machine recorded answer and in the end I get nothing. I didn't even had a chance to speak to any of their customer representative(s). Representative(s)? I don't think there are many of them. Else I won't end up waiting for more than 20 minutes for a chance to speak to them.

I've tried another 3 times of calling the customer service hotline after the first call. I wasn't able to speak to anyone again this time. That's more than 30 minutes of waiting in total. Now, I'm trying to call them everyday see if anyone answer my call. Suprisingly, no one is actually answering. This time I'm wondering whether they have any customer representative in the call center. I even tried to call them just now in the early morning 8am so that I can be served faster. But, still, the same waiting. I think it's around 1 hour of waiting in total and I didn't even has a chance to speak to a real human. It's dissapointing me.

In my opinion, customer service hotline should always be provided for free. Even it is charged, customer enquiry should be processed in a faster manner. I don't think we deserve the wait for more than 20 minutes and paying the freaking expensive call charges. Providing a free of calling charges customer service hotline should be the right way to do. Company paying for the call charges will always ensure customer enquiries being processed fast. I was thinking whether AirAsia is earning from the call charges to pay for their representatives. Else why do they want to keep us on the line for such a long time? Give me a good reason.

Is this a joke, Tony?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Tony Fernandes <airasia@fly.airasia.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Subject: Staying True to Our Promises

Dear AirAsia Guests,

AIRASIA AND SCICOM JOIN FORCES IN ESTABLISHING A WORLD CLASS CONTACT CENTRE-
ASIAN CONTACT CENTRES SDN BHD

When I wrote to you a few months back, I shared your frustrations over our Call Centre service. I couldn't agree more - as the World's Best Low Cost Airline, AirAsia's Call Centre too should be world class.

Now I am pleased to present to you Asian Contact Centres Sdn Bhd, our integrated Call Centre for all our country operations - Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and the UK. Operations will soon expand to serve guests in Japan, Korea, the Philippines, the Middle East and India. I am sure you have experienced significant improvements in our Call Centre service since it started operations on 16 February 2009.

Asian Call Centres Sdn Bhd is a landmark collaboration between AirAsia and Scicom (MSC) Berhad, a regional industry leader in customer contact management services. With Scicom's multiple contact centres in Asia, serving customers and clients from over 40 countries and in over 40 languages, Asian Contact Centres Sdn Bhd is able to meet your expectations and ensure your booking needs, and enquiries are efficiently attended to.

We are very glad that with Asian Contact Centres Sdn Bhd we are now able to handle 5 million transactions a year in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai, Mandarin, Cantonese and Bahasa Indonesia.

Malaysia +603 2171 9333 (Booking)
Thailand +66 2 515 9999
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+7)
Indonesia +62 21 50 50 50 88
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+7)
Singapore +65 630 77688
China +95013 9000 0200
United Kingdom +44 845 605 3333
Operates 24 Hours, Daily
Australia 1300 760 330
Operating Hours : 10am – 11pm (GMT+10)
Others +603 2171 9333 (Booking)
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+8)

On another note, we would like to encourage you to continue visiting our website www.airasia.com where you not only enjoy our low fares but also manage your bookings on your own and obtain vast information on our routes and destinations.

Thank you for flying AirAsia and for making us the 2009 World's Best Low Cost Airline*.

Best regards,
Tony Fernandes

Comments Malaysia Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2009 by   Sum Soo Han 0 Votes

Delay for 8 hours flight - Airasia

My flight was delay for 8 hours...
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   serene 0 Votes
You are right, I was on the flight itself on 22/2/09 Kuching to JB which suppose to fly back to JB at 9.45pm. Then was delay till to un-known time and only at 2.00am the crew member mentioned it was cancelled.

Why must it took so long hours to cancelled the flight and let us all waiting at the most coldest place till I got my asthma attack. Whereby the MAS airlines at 12.30am can infm the passenger and the best part they even got their hotel accomodations and free transport to the hotel and back to the aport.

I check in at 7.45pm on 22/2/09 AK5707 KCH-JB. But once we board in to the plane, 9.45pm still yet to take off. Then at 10.00pm the crew member annouce that the place could not take off due to the another aircraft was at the runaways waiting for the taking off clearance, must wait maybe another 15-20 minutes. By 10.30pm another annoucement was made and infm that all the passenger must disembark from the aircraft and wait at the boarding gate. Annoucement was made at 10.45pm mentioned that the flight will be delay till furthur notice.

But then, after we all keep on waiting and waiting and there no Air Asia gound staff come and approach us telling us what is the real scenario. Until, I went to the counter at the boarding gate and ask them, only then they said it a tyre punctured and was left at the runaways. Without any informations given to each and everyone of us. Some even get mad and wondering whether we all able to catch the flight or not.

MAS airlines made an annoucement that at 12.30am all their flight cancelled and will be provided accomodations to stay and free transportations. Where as for Air Asia, we all keep on waiting till to un-known time. Once again I went to the boarding gate counter and ask the ground staff, they all still did not come and approach us or tell us what to do. Without any drops of water are given to us. All of us are dying cos the aport are too cold and babies are crying that no confortable place to sleep and also too cold.

I ask for the Kuching aport Manager, but was inform that he at KL for meeting, And I ask does he aware of the flight delay ?? He answer me, I think he should know. What kind of an answer is that? So, I ask is our flight will be cancelled too? He said still waiting for the information. Some Air Asia staff even enjoy the delays as I can see, that is the only time for those male and female Air Asia staff to spend more time together till morning. I see them laughing and teasing one another. As if they love the delays. As for us, we are all suffer waiting to be back home wt family. My husband has reach Senai Aport at 10.45pm and I told him flight was delay till further informations.

I spoke to the Team Leader Alfiza - she was un-happy that day cos most of the passenger were asking a lot of questions. I ask her and instructed her to change my flight to the earliest flight(morning 1st flight) and I ask her dont give me any excuses and get it DONE FAST !!.

Later on, I found out and heard she said the most ugliest words behind me "CIBAI". Hello Air Asia - Tony Fernandes, is this how u trained ur staff ??????? Cheap staff for cheap services is it????

But, i just keep quiet and told her just wait for my love letter to fly to her. Flight was confirmed CANCELLED at 2.00am, was wondering why it took so long to informed????

Was ir Air Asia does not keep any spare tyre??? Or a towing machine to pull the aircraft to the loading bay??? Or do they dont bother at all about the probs?? Which is which ?? Well, they can always rent the equipment for towing wt MAS airlines to help them to solve the probs, i think. Or Air Asia cant afford to pay the rental???

Then at the check in counter, we all need to change our intinery and change to the new one. Then I ask the Female Ground Staff whether is there any transportations or accomodations or food given, she only said for LOCAL passenger, must show the taxi receipt to claim in the morning but not for foreigner . Then NO accomodations given and NO DRINK too !!!

Once clear the luggage again, I took the taxi back to my house at Batu Kawa, to take rest and sleep. I dont have enough sleep, my bag was broken, but who to claim ???

Then, in the morning flight AK 5703 - the male ground staff said I cant claim the taxi fees, and said I must be at the hotel only then I can claim . Then, I got so angry, and told him - pls dont fool me ard here, Im already sick and tired of the mis-communications break down wt all the staff and now I cant claim the taxi fees RM64.00 ?????

Hotel and house, what is the different ?? The female staff did not mentioned I must comes out from the house or the hotel, how come??? I ask him to check to the person that change my itinery and ask her. Then he said he just come in for morning shift and did not know what the afternoon shift doing, WOWWW...so good co-operations between Air Asia staff to another staff - NO TALKING i think or maybe He did not read any reports on that day or could be he is so stupid !!!

I instructed him to settle it FAST and or I will make more havoc at the aport. Finnally, he said I can get the claim once the sales counter open at 7.00am and IF got money from the customer to BUY the ticket... Another stupid reason to be said, HOW COME NO MONEY TO PAY, WHY MUST WAIT GOT SALES ONLY CAN PAY ?? RM64.00 is not much, still cant afford to do a SIMPLE job.

AIR ASIA ...EVERYONE CAN FLY, BUT WHERE...ARE THEY WHEN FLIGHT DELAY...

Tony Fernandes, if u happen to read this, pls trained ur staff in a GOOD MANNER or GET THEM A MORAL study more...
 8th of Mar, 2009 by   Ming 0 Votes
I really feel sorry for you. I too have experienced tremendous stress with Air Asia and it is just not worth it to save a few ringgits for miserable treatments. My flight was delayed for more than 3 hours from Sibu to KL and caused me to miss the last flight to Bali on 28 Feb 09. (My precious leave and vacation). I had to sleep on the bench outside the airport because the inside was so cold and the next available flight was in the morning so to avoid the delay of transport in the morning, I decided to just sleep there while at the same time I already paid for a hotel in Bali for that night. Now 3 hours delay is really ridiculous. I went to the counter to ask the girl if they could do anything or anything at all for me, she said we are piont to point basis and looked away from me, meaning, they take us from one point to one point and the rest is none of their business either delay or the plane crash. Anyway, I forgave them since this was really cheap ticket, cheap service sort of thing.
Anyway, to make the story short, on the way home everything went ok except that on board the flight AK901 from Bali to KL, I was very shocked of a behaviour of a senior flight attendant named Fauzirah. Suddenly she shouted at one of the Beijing girls who was in a group, in English, "What is your problem? What is your problem?" blah blah blah, and threaten her that "you be careful ah!! you be careful I call the security in the airport later!!" in front of every body. She went on and on...I think the whole plane heard it! It so happened that there was a miscommunication of changing seat between the flight attendant and the girl because one spoke in English and the other couldn't understand the English. After that, she was talking to colleagues in Bahasa Malaysia very rude words like "Bising aja..." "Can you come over here _____, I don't want to serve them anymore..." She rolled her eyes uncharecteristically.
I was very awed by her because I am from a service line, in hospitality, tourism, and retail business and have travelled all over the world and I know what it means by serving customers. The customers are not always right but she definitely had NO right to shout at any customer especially she herself was the one who shouted, not the customer. I thought may be a senior flight attendants are probably more rude because they are tired of this job. She could bring the customer to another place and talk to her in simple English to get the message across or get a Chinese speaking person to talk to her but she chose to shout and threaten and embarrass the customer in front of the whole cabin. The customer was only a Beijing woman ( a tourist moreover), not a terrorist with guns pointing at her. She totally lost her character and seriously misrepresented the AirAsia's image, unfortunately. Who do they think they are? They are but salaried servants to an organisation.
I was thinking of a way to report about this, but since I found what you wrote here, I added to you complaints. I am a professional and I really think Air Asia staff (not all of them to be fair) are not trained properly, very arrogant and rude especially the females, the males are quite ok. It is like they carry very cheap attitude like the cheap tickets.
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   Fredi 0 Votes
Our experiences with Air Asia flights have been good, no complaints at all. In fact we find their flight attendants to be much more friendlier than the other budget airlines'.

Keep it up Air Asia's girls and boys.
 1st of Jul, 2009 by   1malaysia 0 Votes
Malaysia +603 2171 9333 (Booking)
+603 2171 9222 (Inquiry)

I was put on the line for more than 15 minutes for listening to their annoying music and machine recorded voice:

agree, with this statement ...

but... some customers problem cant b resolve from the website only.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   westnback +1 Votes
Totally agree, horrible customer service line. I've been trying to get hold of their representative for days. Must have been like an hour of waiting for their "currently busy representative". And all I need is just a simple thing, I wanted them to resend my itinerary. I wonder if the customer service number is just for show, doubt it really exist.
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   Venugopanl +1 Votes
Customer Service is hoorible...
I am from India, I am going to attend mega event in KL in Jun. I totally agree Air Asia if you try to contact Customer Service there are low chances u will get a chance to speak customer executive, I tried 4 times, and wait more than 10min...but no reply only one reply "Thank you for wating. All our customer service representatives are currently busy. Please continues to hold or feels free to call back us later."

Such Pathetic...We booked the ticket becz its low fair, but we are spending more than 2000Rs for International call and no resposne...what is a use.
I told my network not to book ticket by Air Asia...now I am tired and decided not to travel by world third class service provider AirAsia. I just book the ticket from Mumbai.

Guys who were want to book your ticket first Try AirAsia customer care number...
I bet you, you will not get customer care executive on line...dont know how many call u want to do and how many minutes you have to wait...
Mr Tony God Bless you for such Pathetic Service.

Mr tony If you want to provide Low cost best Ar service, why dont u put seperate customer service for India..

Your Sincere Frd...
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   Bahwani +1 Votes
Hey people, I experienced the same thing but FYI, Airasia now can manage booking online ... How great is that.:) Loving it...

Cheers,
Bahwani Subramaniam
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   piesya 0 Votes
Some things can't be solved online... that's why there's customer care...

I completely agree. Air Asia's customer care line sucks. Tony really needs to have a heart to heart with this Scicom Berhad his company is collaborating with.. a "regional industry leader in customer contact management services"... What a joke! I've called them for a very urgent matter regarding my flight booking no less then 15 times in two days, hoping to speak to someone. On one of the calls, I waited 20 minutes frantically trying to find someone I could talk to about my problem.

What's even more frustrating is that aside from this 'customer care' line, there are no other avenues in which to contact Air Asia and alert them of your problems. No emails, or alternative numbers..

The worst customer care ever! :(
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   ediktor +1 Votes
Mr Tony Fernandez wrote:
> United Kingdom +44 845 605 3333
> Operates 24 Hours, Daily
Have been calling there for 2 hours. No answer at all - just long beeps.
Two times I heard a message in two langauages:
one language I do not understand and identify;
another - more or less english: "The number that you call is not in use"...
World class contact centre really.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   one malaysia -1 Votes
I totally agree. Air Asia's customer care line horrible . i called few time unable to get tru, and they line not clear at all.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sapphireblue 0 Votes
As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the music on the phone (I've been put on hold for the last 20 mins!!!). It's a wonder I'm still hanging on if not becoz of this urgent issue which I need to settle with their rep!! I'm fuming!!
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sapphireblue 0 Votes
If there is an award for the 'Worst Airline Customer Service of the Year', Airasia wins hands down!!
FYI, I'm still holding on to the line!!
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   yousufain 0 Votes
I never thought AirAsia customer care service this much worst everytime iam being on hold for morethan 20 mins and loosing the money just to listen annoying music

I made the payment by online from the credit card after a alot of attempts, finally it gave an error with case No. AK017723010795 and i need to fly on 20 December 2009 but still no ticket is issued and the amount was debited from my account. I sent alot of messages in the form but no reply or no call. Atleast they should sent the status of my ticket. I hope i can get the ticket on my email mohammedyousuf@yahoo.co.in or cll me on 00919849197786, 00919347887886.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Alex ChewP 0 Votes
On hold for 20mins is consider good... I have been on old for 2 hours now and have been calling for 2 days each with 1hour plus of waiting. What the f*&k. I wonder how they operate the airline with such lousy call center not mentioning how they service their aeroplane. Imagine you book a ticket today and flying two days letter, if something goes wrong... trust me you can never fly on time. Air Asia... hmm think again before you book. Yes you can argue that's the service you get for paying cheap but it does not even worth the dirt. Maybe they should put in an option to purchase the service as well. Good Luck flying with them.
 10th of May, 2010 by   LuanaPaki 0 Votes
this is f@*king ridiculous!! I have been on hold 4 times for 20 minutes or more each time!!! I need to change my booking urgently but NO-ONE will answer the frickin phone!!! Anyone got any ideas i live in Australia...?
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   kitstar 0 Votes
I've been on hold for 90 minutes on one line with no answer and 30 minutes on another line with no answer. And how convenient, their feedback form has 'taken flight'. I'm not impressed. 'Customer service' - do they even know what that is?
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   COMPLAINTSSSSS 0 Votes
I'm super agree!!! I call many timessss but no one answer!!! I'm even tried to call the hotlime in MALAYSIA, INDONESIA and SINGAPORE!!! BUT STILL NO ONE ANSWER THE PHONE!! WHAT HAPPEN WITH AIR ASIA HOTLINE???!!!
On hold for 10 min, 30 min, 45 min, 20 min, and many times!! I think the customer service is sucks!

I never write any complaints letter, but appearantly this is special case for airasia!!!

Please give us a proper reason! I need urgent changes on my flights and I'm unable to do it via online!

So teriible and I don't think air asia is the best... sorry to say..
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   Patiently enough 0 Votes
YES I REALLY2 AGREE!!! AIR ASIA IS A MOST BAD QUALITY SERVICES!!! I HAVE TRIED TO CALLED ALL CUSTOMER SERVICES PHONE NUMBERS (FOR MALAYSIA) NON ANSWER!!! I HATE AIR ASIA SO MUCH!!!
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   huskydogs 0 Votes
Have same experiences as everyone above. Website crashes every time i try to pay, so cant use that. Rang the 0845 number now on hold for 3rd time, 1st two was up to 45mins each. Do Air Asia not want the business does anyone ever answer or are they just making £££ from the expensive 0845 numbers here in the UK ??? Seems like Air Asia must have been trained by Ryanair. Either way they just lost close to £1000 worth of business i'll give it to soomeone who wants to answer the phone !

Money Transfer Scam