logo

4. (8 mins ago)
Rewa Kumar
Fraud
5. (34 mins ago)
supracleanse top slim cleanse best go green
being charged for items

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Airasia Complaints & Reviews - It's a pain to call AirAsia

Airasia Contacts & Informations

Airasia

Posted:    tcmean

It's a pain to call AirAsia

AirAsia
Malaysia
airasia.com
Have you ever call up to AirAsia customer service hotline? What do you think about the customer service hotline? For me, it's totally a pain to call them up. Why is it so? I recently made a call to the customer service hotline to change my flight to a later date. First when I was connected, I get a recorded message that last 30 seconds which is not able to skip by pressing any number. After making the right way into speaking to a customer service representative, I was put on the line for more than 20 minutes for listening to their annoying music and machine recorded voice:

Oh! That's great. I was paying expensive call charges to listen to that annoying music and machine recorded answer and in the end I get nothing. I didn't even had a chance to speak to any of their customer representative(s). Representative(s)? I don't think there are many of them. Else I won't end up waiting for more than 20 minutes for a chance to speak to them.

I've tried another 3 times of calling the customer service hotline after the first call. I wasn't able to speak to anyone again this time. That's more than 30 minutes of waiting in total. Now, I'm trying to call them everyday see if anyone answer my call. Suprisingly, no one is actually answering. This time I'm wondering whether they have any customer representative in the call center. I even tried to call them just now in the early morning 8am so that I can be served faster. But, still, the same waiting. I think it's around 1 hour of waiting in total and I didn't even has a chance to speak to a real human. It's dissapointing me.

In my opinion, customer service hotline should always be provided for free. Even it is charged, customer enquiry should be processed in a faster manner. I don't think we deserve the wait for more than 20 minutes and paying the freaking expensive call charges. Providing a free of calling charges customer service hotline should be the right way to do. Company paying for the call charges will always ensure customer enquiries being processed fast. I was thinking whether AirAsia is earning from the call charges to pay for their representatives. Else why do they want to keep us on the line for such a long time? Give me a good reason.

Is this a joke, Tony?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Tony Fernandes <airasia@fly.airasia.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Subject: Staying True to Our Promises

Dear AirAsia Guests,

AIRASIA AND SCICOM JOIN FORCES IN ESTABLISHING A WORLD CLASS CONTACT CENTRE-
ASIAN CONTACT CENTRES SDN BHD

When I wrote to you a few months back, I shared your frustrations over our Call Centre service. I couldn't agree more - as the World's Best Low Cost Airline, AirAsia's Call Centre too should be world class.

Now I am pleased to present to you Asian Contact Centres Sdn Bhd, our integrated Call Centre for all our country operations - Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, China, India, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and the UK. Operations will soon expand to serve guests in Japan, Korea, the Philippines, the Middle East and India. I am sure you have experienced significant improvements in our Call Centre service since it started operations on 16 February 2009.

Asian Call Centres Sdn Bhd is a landmark collaboration between AirAsia and Scicom (MSC) Berhad, a regional industry leader in customer contact management services. With Scicom's multiple contact centres in Asia, serving customers and clients from over 40 countries and in over 40 languages, Asian Contact Centres Sdn Bhd is able to meet your expectations and ensure your booking needs, and enquiries are efficiently attended to.

We are very glad that with Asian Contact Centres Sdn Bhd we are now able to handle 5 million transactions a year in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Thai, Mandarin, Cantonese and Bahasa Indonesia.

Malaysia +603 2171 9333 (Booking)
Thailand +66 2 515 9999
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+7)
Indonesia +62 21 50 50 50 88
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+7)
Singapore +65 630 77688
China +95013 9000 0200
United Kingdom +44 845 605 3333
Operates 24 Hours, Daily
Australia 1300 760 330
Operating Hours : 10am – 11pm (GMT+10)
Others +603 2171 9333 (Booking)
Operating Hours : 8am - 9pm (GMT+8)

On another note, we would like to encourage you to continue visiting our website www.airasia.com where you not only enjoy our low fares but also manage your bookings on your own and obtain vast information on our routes and destinations.

Thank you for flying AirAsia and for making us the 2009 World's Best Low Cost Airline*.

Best regards,
Tony Fernandes

Comments Malaysia Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Jul, 2009 by   1malaysia 0 Votes
Malaysia +603 2171 9333 (Booking)
+603 2171 9222 (Inquiry)

I was put on the line for more than 15 minutes for listening to their annoying music and machine recorded voice:

agree, with this statement ...

but... some customers problem cant b resolve from the website only.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   westnback +1 Votes
Totally agree, horrible customer service line. I've been trying to get hold of their representative for days. Must have been like an hour of waiting for their "currently busy representative". And all I need is just a simple thing, I wanted them to resend my itinerary. I wonder if the customer service number is just for show, doubt it really exist.
 23rd of Oct, 2009 by   Venugopanl +1 Votes
Customer Service is hoorible...
I am from India, I am going to attend mega event in KL in Jun. I totally agree Air Asia if you try to contact Customer Service there are low chances u will get a chance to speak customer executive, I tried 4 times, and wait more than 10min...but no reply only one reply "Thank you for wating. All our customer service representatives are currently busy. Please continues to hold or feels free to call back us later."

Such Pathetic...We booked the ticket becz its low fair, but we are spending more than 2000Rs for International call and no resposne...what is a use.
I told my network not to book ticket by Air Asia...now I am tired and decided not to travel by world third class service provider AirAsia. I just book the ticket from Mumbai.

Guys who were want to book your ticket first Try AirAsia customer care number...
I bet you, you will not get customer care executive on line...dont know how many call u want to do and how many minutes you have to wait...
Mr Tony God Bless you for such Pathetic Service.

Mr tony If you want to provide Low cost best Ar service, why dont u put seperate customer service for India..

Your Sincere Frd...
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   Bahwani +1 Votes
Hey people, I experienced the same thing but FYI, Airasia now can manage booking online ... How great is that.:) Loving it...

Cheers,
Bahwani Subramaniam
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   piesya 0 Votes
Some things can't be solved online... that's why there's customer care...

I completely agree. Air Asia's customer care line sucks. Tony really needs to have a heart to heart with this Scicom Berhad his company is collaborating with.. a "regional industry leader in customer contact management services"... What a joke! I've called them for a very urgent matter regarding my flight booking no less then 15 times in two days, hoping to speak to someone. On one of the calls, I waited 20 minutes frantically trying to find someone I could talk to about my problem.

What's even more frustrating is that aside from this 'customer care' line, there are no other avenues in which to contact Air Asia and alert them of your problems. No emails, or alternative numbers..

The worst customer care ever! :(
 12th of Nov, 2009 by   ediktor +1 Votes
Mr Tony Fernandez wrote:
> United Kingdom +44 845 605 3333
> Operates 24 Hours, Daily
Have been calling there for 2 hours. No answer at all - just long beeps.
Two times I heard a message in two langauages:
one language I do not understand and identify;
another - more or less english: "The number that you call is not in use"...
World class contact centre really.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   one malaysia -1 Votes
I totally agree. Air Asia's customer care line horrible . i called few time unable to get tru, and they line not clear at all.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sapphireblue 0 Votes
As I'm typing this, I'm listening to the music on the phone (I've been put on hold for the last 20 mins!!!). It's a wonder I'm still hanging on if not becoz of this urgent issue which I need to settle with their rep!! I'm fuming!!
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sapphireblue 0 Votes
If there is an award for the 'Worst Airline Customer Service of the Year', Airasia wins hands down!!
FYI, I'm still holding on to the line!!
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   yousufain 0 Votes
I never thought AirAsia customer care service this much worst everytime iam being on hold for morethan 20 mins and loosing the money just to listen annoying music

I made the payment by online from the credit card after a alot of attempts, finally it gave an error with case No. AK017723010795 and i need to fly on 20 December 2009 but still no ticket is issued and the amount was debited from my account. I sent alot of messages in the form but no reply or no call. Atleast they should sent the status of my ticket. I hope i can get the ticket on my email mohammedyousuf@yahoo.co.in or cll me on 00919849197786, 00919347887886.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   Alex ChewP 0 Votes
On hold for 20mins is consider good... I have been on old for 2 hours now and have been calling for 2 days each with 1hour plus of waiting. What the f*&k. I wonder how they operate the airline with such lousy call center not mentioning how they service their aeroplane. Imagine you book a ticket today and flying two days letter, if something goes wrong... trust me you can never fly on time. Air Asia... hmm think again before you book. Yes you can argue that's the service you get for paying cheap but it does not even worth the dirt. Maybe they should put in an option to purchase the service as well. Good Luck flying with them.
 10th of May, 2010 by   LuanaPaki 0 Votes
this is f@*king ridiculous!! I have been on hold 4 times for 20 minutes or more each time!!! I need to change my booking urgently but NO-ONE will answer the frickin phone!!! Anyone got any ideas i live in Australia...?
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   kitstar 0 Votes
I've been on hold for 90 minutes on one line with no answer and 30 minutes on another line with no answer. And how convenient, their feedback form has 'taken flight'. I'm not impressed. 'Customer service' - do they even know what that is?
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   COMPLAINTSSSSS 0 Votes
I'm super agree!!! I call many timessss but no one answer!!! I'm even tried to call the hotlime in MALAYSIA, INDONESIA and SINGAPORE!!! BUT STILL NO ONE ANSWER THE PHONE!! WHAT HAPPEN WITH AIR ASIA HOTLINE???!!!
On hold for 10 min, 30 min, 45 min, 20 min, and many times!! I think the customer service is sucks!

I never write any complaints letter, but appearantly this is special case for airasia!!!

Please give us a proper reason! I need urgent changes on my flights and I'm unable to do it via online!

So teriible and I don't think air asia is the best... sorry to say..
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   Patiently enough 0 Votes
YES I REALLY2 AGREE!!! AIR ASIA IS A MOST BAD QUALITY SERVICES!!! I HAVE TRIED TO CALLED ALL CUSTOMER SERVICES PHONE NUMBERS (FOR MALAYSIA) NON ANSWER!!! I HATE AIR ASIA SO MUCH!!!
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   huskydogs 0 Votes
Have same experiences as everyone above. Website crashes every time i try to pay, so cant use that. Rang the 0845 number now on hold for 3rd time, 1st two was up to 45mins each. Do Air Asia not want the business does anyone ever answer or are they just making £££ from the expensive 0845 numbers here in the UK ??? Seems like Air Asia must have been trained by Ryanair. Either way they just lost close to £1000 worth of business i'll give it to soomeone who wants to answer the phone !
 16th of Jul, 2010 by   rhawls 0 Votes
I fully agree..I need to make a change to my booking which is not showing up on the website, I've been on hold for over two hours & no one answers. Is anyone aware if consumer protection can get involved in such a case?
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   regularcustomer KL-Tawau-KL 0 Votes
So am I, today 19/07/2010 7.33pm..i have make 5 times call to the given numbers as hotline but always make me frustrated with their online service..very bad, very poor, very unusefull and make us angry with their online services.. I think better Tony Fernandes make a call by himself and feel what he got then declare is it their on-line customer services fully usefull or ully basketfull..So TONY please make upgrade your online customer service more courtesy, convineince and guest-friendly..dont think profit and make us suffer with your online customer services..dont make us angry and frust with your service.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   krumchy 0 Votes
31 minutes and counting on hold. Last time I waited for 45 mins before hanging up. Calling Australian hotline in Australia. Need to check some stuff with flight changes that I cannot seem to do on the website. Very disappointed.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   krumchy 0 Votes
Ended up on 64 minutes before having to go out and meet a client. I guess I will need to spare around three hours to get through to them.

Fight Against Healthcare Insurance Fraud