logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (43 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Online Booking

Air Asia
Japan
airasia.com
I booked a flight via the AirAsia website from Tokyo Haneda to Kuala Lumpur (Booking number E1T6QY).

I selected the option to Supersize my baggage and opted for the Xtra Large option which allows upto 30Kg per passenger for a fee of 4, 000Yen (around 50USD) per person.

After making the booking and the payment by card I realized that I might not require 30 Kg per passenger (total 3 passengers) and modified my booking to reduce the baggage allowance to Large (2 passengers) and Medium (1 passenger).

The difference in the amount was 11, 000 Yen (around 135USD) and was expecting this amount to be refunded. But to my surprise AirAsia did not refund the amount but in the amended booking showed the 11, 000Yen as Spoilage Fee.

I did not understand what the Spoilage Fee was about and called the Call centre in Tokyo and explained my problem. The agent informed me that there will be no refund.

It's outrageous that AirAsia allows downsizing the baggage but not refunding the excess amount. I checked their Terms and Conditions and there is no mention of No Refund for baggage change.

I was not aware that AirAsia was a fraud of a company until I chanced on this website and saw the numerous Customer complaints. Looks like AirAsia does not give a damn about the Customer.

Robert Panakkal
Tokyo
Comments Japan Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Feb, 2010 by   unhappy and upset customer 0 Votes
Air Asia had made the booking so difficult, they charge everything by default and make it so difficult to cancel them. the word ''Cancel'' is made faded grey color so is not obvious for you to find it. Air Asia start to charge check in luggage, meal, insurance and so call convenient kit and surprisingly they charge convenient fee for using credit card ( I just don't understand why international bank like Visa and Master allow the merchant to do that). Charge for selecting seat. Just not sure if they are going to charge for seat so you have to stand in the aircraft. May be another idea is to charge customer for confirmation email or sms. What do you think? Mr Air Asia
As consumer, I would strongly request if the basic price is provided for so call low cost travelling, all the additional charges should be an option that customer has to request not by default, then they know how to make it easy for the customer to purchase them.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   stupidseoul 0 Votes
WAKE UP !!! unhappy and upset passenger.. there are so many other airlines to choose from. if you are complaining and unhappy about all these, then don't take Air asia...it;s No-frill airlines. Air asia will not be so stupid to change their policy just because your own interest, there still have to survive by feeding so many mouths. Dont be so smart to expect to get a 5 star product by paying just a 1 star price... YOU PAY WHAT U GET !!! there is no free lunch for you!!! there is also option charges. if you dont take meal you dont book. if you dont want to select your seat, you dont book. if you think still expensive. then!!! better take bus, , , , , , ,
 20th of Oct, 2010 by   Anton123 0 Votes
I booked on the 18th October a flight for the 6th november and my trip is from Ubon Ratchathani to bangkok and return on the same day.

No luggage both ways.

i noticed the no bag on the first leg of the journey but forgot to check it on the return leg.

I paid by credit card and when I noticed the error

I went to Manage my booking and changed the selection to no bag on both legs of the trip.

however since I had already paid there would be no refund and the accouonting term spoilage fee came up.

In effect I am annoyed about this practice.

More importantly I went onto Air Asia's site and rechecked another booking and noticed that the second leg comes up with the medium size bag, this to me is unetical because one would expect to see no bag first and then the customer would then have the option to use the drop down box and select which weight would suit their needs.

This is an unethical practice and would like to know are there others out there that feel the same way I do or had similar experiences
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   miao91 0 Votes
Hi Team,

Noticed that I have modify my baggage weight and below spoilage fee occurred, However I am quite unhappy how come the system didn’t notify us about there will not be refund for the balance. It is common that when we do any changes for the booking we will get refund for it.

Anyway, in this case I will like to change / add on meal for the balance(spoilage fee). Could you help on this?

Chong Jia Ni