logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (48 mins ago)
fugenx.com
Their work is horrible, slow and doesn’t worth of your money
3. (48 mins ago)
Unauthorized charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aetna Life Insurance Company Complaints & Reviews - Denial of Long Term Disability Benifits

Aetna Life Insurance Company Contacts & Informations

Aetna Life Insurance Company

Posted:    Aetna Diabaility Denial

Denial of Long Term Disability Benifits

Aetna
I applied for long term disability benefits through my employer (Federal Government) under a policy that I had purchased 13 years ago. I suffer from a progressive neurodegenerative disease (contracted well after the purchase of my policy) and had reached a point where I could no longer work. It took Aetna approximately 6 months to reply with an initial denial of LTD benefits. I followed Aetna's appeal process and was denied once more and was informed (by Aetna) that there were no more avenue's to seek the disability benefits coverage that I had purchased. I am now in the process of suing Aetna for my disability benefits under "Bad Faith" reasoning. My complaint regards the fact that while I have been battling with Aetna for my disability benefits, I have been awarded full disability benefits and back-pay from Social Security which is the MOST STRINGENT of disability agency's to deal with. I have no idea what to expect from the upcoming legal battle.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2009 by   DKP 0 Votes
The big question is how are they getting away with it??
what is going on??
My daughter has a pituatary tumor .
After testing, mRi'S, and conferences with the medical staff it was
determined that it was best left alone and that she should be
treated with homone injections. During these treatments he also
ordered a mRi every 6 months just to be sure there is no changes that
need to checked out. This was the advise from a Neurosurgeon.
Aetna has denied her over and over..They don't even want to cover the
mRI every 6 months.
When did the insurance company's opinion overrule a Medical
Doctor? Did they go to school for 12 years to earn tbat right?
How do they get away with refusing my daughter medical treatment for
a brain tumor? They also don't want to monitor it . Why don't they just say
they don't give a shit?
Do they think it is all made up?
The unprofessional excuse they are using is that the doctor office didn't supply
them with what they needed. OHHHHHH. I see . so deny someone medication .
because of that. How ridiculous. The doctor's decison should have been enough.
Surgery would be triple in price, but i bet they wouldn't pay for that either.Do they think that she wants to take these injections??
What a sorry excuse for insurance. More like insurance FRAUD.
YES THEY ARE SCAMMERS. YES THEY ARE CHEATS/ CROOKS.
ANYONE THAT HAS BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD WITH THIS WANNA BE COMPANY SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER FOR A CLASS
ACTION SUIT TO SHUT THEM DOWN.
I INTEND TO SUE THEIR ASS OFF.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   SusanWallings 0 Votes
So far I have been waiting 3 months for my claim to be processed. I have emptied every account and just about sold everything I can. I have no money thanks to Aetna and everyday I am afraid I wont have enough money to get my many medications I take in order to survive. My doctor filled out all their forms MONTHS ago and said I shouldnt work for at least a year. I am not improving and I am stuck at home on morphine. One would think it would be an easy to read case just like these other two cases. They just dont want to pay and their workers just dont want to do their jobs in a timely and sensitive way. We paid for this insurance. They should be operating on our behalf, but clearly they are not working in OUR best interest! Shame, shame on them. I dont know how they can sleep at night!
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   Bob Hea 0 Votes
I would like to file a complaint against Aetna Insurance, (LTD), for failure to act in an appropriate manner regarding my current application for long-term benefits.

I have been out of work since February 12, 2009 with an injury, and paid for LTD insurance while I was at work.

I filed for LTD in the middle of July 2009, and as of the above date, Aetna has still yet to make one payment to me. I am entitled to this insurance since I paid for it, but Aetna has failed to make good on it. They continue to make excuses.

They have incessantly stated that they must investigate to make sure my injury was not a pre-existing one, which they should have found out by now that it wasn’t, and when you call to find out, my caseworker Jennifer does not return calls.

After reading many stories on the Internet about Aetna, I am finding that many other people have had the same experience, whereas Aetna has come up with excuse after excuse for not paying the injured party.

This should not be allowed to go on like this. People are entitled to insurance they take out in just such an emergency. Aetna is collecting people’s money but not giving the insurance that was paid for.

I have supplied everything they asked for, in a very timely manner, yet they have come up with excuse after excuse.

Time Line of events.
02/12/09 Injury. Waited 6 months to file claim like suppose to.
7/24/09 Claim Filed.
8/17/09 Spoke to Robert. He was sending an email to Jennifer my case worker.
8/19/09 Left message for Jennifer. Never got a return call.
8/21/09 Faxed Janice paperwork. She requested.
8/27/09 Spoke to Robin. She left message for Jennifer to call me. Never did.
8/29/09 Spoke to Todd. He was going to call back. Never did.
9/01/09 Left message for Jennifer. Never called back
9/03/09 Spoke to Jennifers supervisor. He had her call me back for phone interview.
9/8/09 Sent letter with information to Jennifer for 2nd time. Faxed first time.
9/10/09 Spoke to Tim Mitten. He said he’d verify info they needed at once.

I am planning on writing letters to every committee person I can, every Internet portal, news agency, chat site, newspaper letting them know how Aetna treats its customers.

I am entitled to being paid and Aetna refuses to do such, but collected my money for the last few years.

Sincerely,

Control # 622733
Employer: Was Sunrise Senior Living
206501330
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   h8breedgirl 0 Votes
If anyone has information on getting a lawyer or one that will help me fight aetna for my STD denial benefits.. please let me know.. asap.. i also plan on sueing them for damages done to me by them and my employer.. bank of america.. thank you so much.
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   sick of being abused 0 Votes
I was approved for Long Term Disability by Aetna in August 2009 and suddenly in December they stopped my monthly payments. I have faxed and left several messages for my claim analyst but she will not return my calls. My disability was approved by Social Security Administration, in January 2010, but per the Long Term disability agreement Aetna should CONTINUE TO PAY MY long term benefits for 24 months and reduce those payment by the amount SSA is paying, but they have stopped ALL PAYMENTS PERIOD. Today I sent a letter to the CEO of Aetna but reading the comments on this site prepares me for the worst. We really do need to file a class action law suit because Aetna and our previous employers had no difficulty taking the deductions from our pay checks, WHEN WE WERE ABLE BODIED HEALTHY EMPLOYEES, but they are NOW failing to pay us what is due. How on earth do these large companies get away with this crap in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?
 27th of Jan, 2010 by   sick of being abused 0 Votes
I do not know if attorney Herbert Hill (407) 839-0005, in Orlando, Florida would file a class action law suit against Aetna, on our behalf, but maybe if enough of us were to call him he would decide to represent us with such a suit. We have to stand up and fight Aetna. We cannot allow Aetna to get away with money that is owed to us.
 6th of Jun, 2010 by   SusieXYZ 0 Votes
I too am having the same problem only mine is with prudential. My degenerative disk disease is well documented; I also have bone spurs in both my shoulders. I tried for a year to continue working but the pain is too much. I was on short term disability 2 different times dealing with this so you would think that I should just be able to roll my last std over into ltd but no! It is coming upon a year and I am still not getting anything but denial after denial from them. Social security is still going through their investigation. In the meantime I am broke. I know these insurance companies hope that people like us will either be discouraged by their denials and go away or go broke and not be able to pursue them further and/or lastly commit suicide. Those are harsh words but it's true. They would rather we kill ourselves just so they would not have to pay. I realize things are this way because so many people in the past have committed fraud and it's a shame that people with real medical conditions are now being treated like this but when you have a mountain of medical evidence it should not take an act of God to get them to pay. Does anyone have an answer to what we can do? Can anyone help? I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do. I'm about to lose my house, my car and everything I've worked hard to get. This isn't fair! Please can someone help?
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   jmpnj 0 Votes
I agree totally with everbody here. Please update us all.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   gr8rwarrior 0 Votes
i too am having problems getting Aetna to pay my LTD benifits, I was just declared diabled by social security in a hearing and I called about my "open" LTD policy they act like they have no idea what I am talking about, they claim it was closed in July 2007 even after acknowledging to my wife that I did reopen it in September 2007 but it was supposedly closed because I failed to provide some records and I was never told. This is a lie their rep called me in December 2007 saying everything was in order and to just call them when my claim with social security was approved. Aetna is aweful, to treat a disabled person like me who is in constant severe pain like this? They just don't care! Aeta is fake and should be avoided at all costs. I will not drop this but obviously I am going to have to sue them now and that will take years, what if I die in the mean time? I HATE AETNA! If you have a LTD policy with Aetna it is worthless!
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   LLM +1 Votes
Aetna LTD is not worth paying for. The company wants to sells the insurance but, when it comes time to pay out they do not want to stand behind the insurance they sold you. They steal your money and run. Once you need to collect on the policy and you receive your payments they bring in THIER own specialist, they pay good money for to say, you no longer need to be drawing the payment and stop payments. Does not matter what YOUR doctor reports says, they do not want to hear anything from your specialist. They are the ones paying out on your policy and they want the payments to stop. Believe me I have been there and I know how they work. Don't call them and expect them to return ANY of your calls! They say they called and no one was home..And all the doctors they tried to contact never returned any of their calls or they never filled out the required paper work...Anyone needing a lawyer to fight Aetna needs to go through a disability lawyer and good luck with that. Most lawyer will not fight a LTD case because there is no big pay out for them. Unless there is a class action law suit filed against Aetna that may be the only way you could get a lawyer to help you. Either way it is all about the big money! I will never recommend LTD to anyone.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   LLM 0 Votes
Surprised, Aetna has been sued? But, still has not paid out...
 27th of Feb, 2013 by   Jeanyo 0 Votes
From what I understand about Aetna and long term disability, once you have been approved to disability social security they stop payments. You actually cannot get both. I'm sure it is written in small print somewhere in your policy.
 9th of Aug, 2013 by   JiSmith 0 Votes
Aetna is the absolute worst or all insurance companies. I think a class action suit against them is just what is needed. Anyone interested in joining me please contact me by email me at Cody6723@yahoo.com. I have a really good attorney who has taken my case and would welcome a class action suit against them. Power comes in numbers and we should get what we have paid for. We are disabled and they know this, but have been getting away with not paying claims for years and years. Let's do this together. I too have been turned down for LTD though my doctors have sent reports stating that I am disabled. They set me up with one of their doctors who knew nothing about my disease. He recommended they follow the advice of my doctor and of course they didn't. What is this all about? How they get away with what they do is wrong!!! Write to your congressman about them.
 24th of Aug, 2013 by   ken satterfield 0 Votes
I want to file a complaint against Aetna for deducting from my ltd a auto loss of income policy ihave had for years prior.
 11th of Sep, 2013 by   rekonquest 0 Votes
Fighting with Aetna is a nightmare, but i found out though AETNA is hard to touch, their employees Doctors and Nurses and Behavioral clinicians are easy to touch they are based out of Florida, if you believe they participated in deceptive practices file a personal complaint with the Florida Department of Health, they will review your allegations of neglect, malpractice or deception and these individuals can lose their license to practice in this state! That would make them think twice before screwing someone over, and screw them if they do, keep in mind they don't have jurisdiction over Aetna or any insurance company it's self just the employees, which is good enough for me. Spread the word! They can't operate if they dont have a licensed staff!

3 Ways to Bring Customers to Your Small Business