Scam and cheating

Aetna’s Short Term/Long-term Disability benefits are the worst. You pay for it- oh yeah, you pay. Try an employee of over 10 yrs filing one claim and not get pd for the last 4 months. (one denial as the Dr didn't put my resting blood pressure rate down!) Don't believe what they tell you about the IHD (Integrated Health Disability “Model”). It’s suppose to help manage your medical and any potential disability you might face. It’s a lie! It doesn't work! They've been my company’s medical ins provider for years and the only info they conveniently find hurts me. literally- hurts me. I've almost lost my car, my mortgage is months past due... They play legalese word games, if you aren't a lawyer you'll need one... look up complaints against Aetna Life Insurance on the web. I located where they've been fined tens of thousands of dollars (recently in Texas) for violations. They are Evil—- be warned.

**** Above is a posting I listed to complain about Aetna's STD/LTD issues to one of their new clients.

every word of it true. Can you provide me any in-site or suggested direction?
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

15th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
I, a mother of, now, 3 children, signed up for disability through Aetna (since we don't have state disability). I was pregnant with my 3rd child and wanted to be prepared for when I was on maternity leave. I was told that my disability checks would kick in 2 weeks after I entered the hospital to give birth. So of course I continued to pay into the insurance. Well, I delivered August 28thg 2008 and am supposed to return to work Nov. 9th 2008. Todays dater is Nov. 2nd and I have yet to receive a check. Its ridiculous. I called them 2 weeks ago to ask what the hold up was and they said they never got my claim. So I called my employer and they got a hold of Aetna and they finally admitted to having received the claim but it was pending due to the fact they needed my completes medical records (even though the forms Aetna said had to be filled out and returned were filled out and returned). So, of course I go through the hassle of calling the doctor getting them to fax me my records and I fax them to Aetna myself. They said they received them and it would take an additional 2 weeks to get my checks. Low and behold 2 weeks later no checks. So, I gave them a call this past Wed. they said it was still pending due to no medical records I said no, no, no I faxed them myself. Sure enough she found my records and 'supposedly' put it in the computers that they were received and so my claim would finally be processed, and to go ahead and call this upcoming Monday which would be Nov. 3rd 2008, to make sure it was processed and then I still have to wait an additional 2 weeks to get my checks. How ridiculous something doesn't sound right. I'll be back to work before I EVER receive a check that I PAID FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE. COME ON!!!
 26th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Hello. I am currently going through the same EXACT situation with Aetna. I have been on shot term disability for about two months. The same exact scenario. I've turned in the paperwork they say they require yet I haven't received a check yet. I am a single mother with 2 children. The only thing Aetna has done is frustrate me and contribute to further financial disarray. The customer service is horrible. The information you get may or may not be accurate so BEWARE. I depended on Aetna to process my FMLA claim and it was denied because they told me that I could wait until my next appt so I would have very detailed health info. As a result my FMLA was denied because my time expired! and there is no appeals process.. I had to fight for my job b/c now they had the right to consider the days as unexcused and terminate me! Aetna's CSRs are not proactive or knowledgeable. I recommend you trust nothing they say. Always call back and ask the same questions. Odds are you'll get a different answer. Also if you are depending on your money ... definitely find a supplementary source of income because it will probably be time for you to return to work before you see a Short term disability check! Aetna as a Short Term Disability and FMLA administrator is horrible!
 14th of Jul, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I have
aetna short term diabilty and Aetna Health Insurance and let me tell you this is a double whammy. I have 3 herniaed discs in my lumber spine, 5 buldging diacs in my c-spine, 1 in my thoratic spine, spinal stenosis, degenerative sisc disease.

I have been out of work since April 7th 2009 and have only recieved 1 payment from Aetna which took over 6 weeks to get. I too can not afford an attorney as I am not working and also a single mother. We are going to loose out utilites this week and there is nothing I can do about it.

Since I am on family medical leave at my job and going on long term leave I will be loosing my medical insurance this friday. My doctor requested a MRI last wens. but the Aetna Medical insurance is requiring more information before approving the MRI. IAetna short Term will not consider my claim with out this MRI and there is no way it will be done by Friday.

Basically, I am going to loose everything, my home, everything!!!

Bottom line is Aetna is in the business to make sure that they don't pay you a dime rather than approve your claim. theya re not there to help people in need and they don't care if you pay for their services or not. They will do anything they can to not pay you.
 7th of Aug, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Still waiting and now in the appeals process. I have had to go to an attorney to do a bad aith claim against Atnea as i will not be able to supplement my income right now with my conditions. I even had a enw MRI which showed even more damage to the spine with dissicated disks, fissures, and athrophy of the facet joints. I am out of work indefinately as I can not even lift 10 pounds. This is just the lumbar spine. I have still to go for a newer MRI of the cervical spine. Ortho doc says one thing at a time. By the time this is over my credit is ruined, my home is in jepordy, and my family is suffering. I am now forced to use food stamps and try to get medical through the state plan here. Degrading and embarrassing and quite the situation. This does not have to happen to people. After reading all the complaints on this board I realize that I will more than likely never see a dime from aetna cause they pay you they wont make their profit for the month and that is all that matters to them.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am with a man who I THOUGHT I was going to be marrying. The problem is, he is already married! When I asked him WHY he won't get a divorce he made up every excuse in the book. then i find out from his WIFE! He is on her insurance policy and has been for a long time. They have been separated for the past 15 years and his address is at another place other than hers. Is there anyway they can prove he is no longer living there? HELP!
 25th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Whenever there is ANY issue you should 1st call your PLAN SPONSOR'S REPRESENTATIVE.
You can call your human resources department of the employer the AETNA insurance is through.
Ask for the insurance benefits specialist & ask them why your employer chose AETNA - explain how
they may not want to go with AETNA as an option for the next open benefits registration.

The liason may be able to get some action.
This really freaks out everyone at AETNA because they risk losing the contract ;)

You can also keep going to the ER ;)
 24th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am in my third year of chronic illness that has caused me persistent fever; constant pain; heart, thyroid and adrenal dysfunction; breathing difficulties; joint inflammation; foot, ankle and leg pain; difficulty swallowing; numbness; depression; confusion; anxiety, sleeplessness, etc. I have "objective" testing that has garnered me each of these diagnoses, simultaneously: Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Persistent Endometriosis (despite surgery), Adrenal Failure, Babesiosis, Bartonella, Lyme Disease, sinus tachycardia and arrhythmias, Morton's Neuromas, Hashimotos, Depression, and GADD.

Nonetheless, Aetna, along with my employer FedEx Services, have continued to deny every claim and appeal. I even tried to return to work at one point, but FedEx turned me away due to the fact that I had a PICC line in my right arm for IV antibiotics (it was hidden beneath my clothing).

How is this possible? How do these people live with themselves? I have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on medical treatments and am now deeply in debt and facing bankruptcy and the possibility of losing my home. My family is now broke, and my brother recently took his own life, in part, due from the stress of this enormous injustice.

Please, SOMEONE at Aetna must have some ounce of humanity left in their soul. Whoever you are, please speak out before thousands more like myself die as a result of this abject injustice. We are as human as you, as your mothers, as your fathers, and as your children. This cannot continue. Just because you are member of a terribly corrupt company, and not country, does not make you any less responsible than the SS officers of Nazi Germany who believed their fellow brothers and sisters to be less than animals, and thus undeserving of life. The bodies are piling up, and speaking out will not cost you your life. Yes, it may cost you your job, but you can find another job. These victims will not find another life, and many of ours are ending because we can no longer afford medical help, clothing or even food. The government is overwhelmed and Social Security has been pushed beyond its limits, all because you continue to remain silent while the atrocities pervade.

Be a hero, not an accomplice. It's not too late, but before you even realize it, it may be, and by that time, you could even be among its victims.

Aetna Logo Aetna