logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (35 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (36 mins ago)

Aerotek

Posted:    Bking

Bad service

Aerotek
I met Mr. Barish at a job fair at a local community college. I am an electrician and a very big company was hiring and holding their own job fair the next day. Aerotek was not representing this company. But Mr. Barish said he had an in and would get me an interview. He scheduled a meeting between us during this big company's job fair, and told me not to attend; he would take care of things.

A few weeks passed and I had not heard anything. Upon several attempts to contact Mr. Barish he was never available. However, the first time my girlfriend attempted to call him, he answered, then denied all of the "advice" he had given me. He told her his company was no longer representing this other company, that they were now handling their own applications (obvious by the fact that they had held their own job fair!).

I missed a golden opportunity to apply with this company. Though I have sent my resume to them several times, I know I am just going into a pile, that they were considering all of the pre-screen applicants who attended that job fair. Who showed interest. I credit Mr. Barish at messing this up for me. And while I have complained to the company, I have not heard back and I know he still works there. It is apparent to me that he saw his own golden opportunity to cash in on a commission by selling me to this company. Only they weren't interested. If you use this job agency, please request that Scott Barish not assist you.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2010 by   sundaytimes10 0 Votes
Mr. Barish probably approached this company, dangling your resume, in at attempt to gain them as a client. Obviously, they were not interested in dealing with a staffing agency or this particular agency. Now that your resume is assocated with Aerotek, the company, even if they were interested, are not going to touch you because as far as they are concerned, you are an employee of Aerotek and they don't want to deal with Aerotek. Its pointless to continue to apply with them, at least for now.

I once applied directly to a company that advertised in the newspaper. A staffing agency I was registered with, unsolicited, sent my resume in for the same position 2 weeks later, without my knowledge or consent. I found out through the grapevine I was not considered for the position because the company was choosing not to hire through temp agencies. I was pissed. Now that my resume was associated with the agency, I was not going to be considered.

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups