A&E Factory Service

terrible customer service

a&e factory service
St. Louis, Missouri
I was directed to a&e by my home protection policy when my built-in Whirlpool oven ceased to work. Two weeks later I still don't have a working oven (and I DO have 4 children), I have two incorrect parts from Whirlpool and I have been told that I will not be able to use the self-clean function ever again. From the first visit the technician was telling me that it would be repaired faster if my husband could install the part once it arrived (after I had paid my $100 deductible). When the second incorrect part arrived on a Friday, a&e's call center person was rude, told me there was nothing she could do except to ask me to call back tomorrow, and offered to give me Whirlpool's number so that I could order a part myself! All this for $100! It was, quite simply one of the worst customer service experiences I have had (trumped only by AT&T-worst service of all time). Whatever you do: do not call a&e factory service. If you have a home protection policy and they direct you there ask for another vendor and refuse to use this "service."
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Appliances
Was the above complaint useful?

25th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes

A&E Factory Service - Horrible customer service!

After purchasing a Whirlpool washing machine and dryer at Sears Roebuck, I needed to have service performed w/in one year of usage. I was instructed that Sears Roebuck outsourced all repairs to A&E Factory Service. I contact A&E Factory Service to schedule an appointment and was informed a service technician would come to my house between 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM on Saturday. At 11:45 AM, I called A&E Factory Service for a status update only to find out that I was service # 16 and that a technician may show up between 1:00 - 5:00 PM or may need to reschedule. Rather than sit around and waste the entire day, I called A&E every hour for status updates. At 4:45 PM, the technician arrived, diagnosed the problem, submitted an order for the replacement part, printed the receipt, and informed me how to install it once it arrived.

Three weeks later, I still didn't have the part. I called A&E Factory Service only to be told that the part was shipped was sent to an unknown address and returned to the manufacture. In order to have the part re-sent, I would need to schedule another appointment and have the technician verify I didn't have the part.

So the saga continues... I make another appointment between the hours of 8:00 - 12:00 PM on a Saturday as I work full-time during the week. At 8:30 AM, I called A&E on the day of the scheduled service to ask for an update. The rep stated I was service # 5 and the technician was currently at service # 3 so to expect him at 11:00 AM. Again, I called at 12, 1, 2 & 3 only to have him appear at 4:00 PM. After further review, the technician stated the previous technician ordered the wrong part for a completely different model of the washing machine. So, we tried again.

After two weeks, the part finally arrived; however, I was not able to install it myself. Therefore, it qualified for yet ANOTHER visit. After 2 months, my washing machine was finally operating.

Not even a month later, my dryer stopped working. FURIOUS at the thought of having to work w/ A&E Factory Service again, I contemplated buying another dryer from a different vendor, however, I couldn't justify the expense given my dryer was only 1 year and 3 months old. So, I called A&E, scheduled an appointment between the hours of 1:00 - 5:00 PM on a Wednesday since I was going out of town on the weekend. I come home from work early only to receive a call from the technician at 3:00 PM stating I was service # 12 and he was currently at service # 5 so there's no way he could make the appointment and advised that I reschedule for Friday afternoon. I informed him that I couldn't as I have to work and his response "I'm sorry miss, you better call the dispatcher and schedule a time that works for you." Fueled by anger, I dialled the #, asked to speak w/ the manager (not on site and would have to call me) and had no other option but to make an appointment for the following Saturday. I don't have much hope that A&E Factory Service will improve their customer service, so I fully intend to be housebound on yet another Saturday as I wait for a technician to appear.

Following this complaint, I've also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as this type of customer service is totally unacceptable.

Future buyers: BEWARE of buying appliances which require A&E Factory Service to repair them. It's not worth the headache or nuisance!!!
 30th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
Funny that Sears says that they "outsource" their service to A&E, sears OWNS A&E.
 8th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
On Aug 8, 2008, I was scheduled to have my refrigerator repaired by A& E Factory Service. I was given a 4 hour window. I explained that I was out of state and needed to arrange to have someone at my house and would appreciate them adhering to the time window. On the morning of the scheduled service I called to make sure I was scheduled. Later I received a call from the technician saying he would arrive between approximately between 10:30 & 10:45. When no one had arrived by 12:30 I called customer service. I was told that unfortunately they didn't get to me today and I could schedule another 4 hr window. I asked to speak to a supervisory. The supervisor said that was incorrect and that I was still on the list. I later received a call from a different technician saying that I had been added to his list, but that he didn't know when he would be able to get to my house. What awful customer service. I have registered a formal complaint with Kitchen Aid (they made the referral to A&E) and A&E. I am looking for another replair company.

A&E Factory Service, LLC Logo A&E Factory Service, LLC