logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
4. (1 hr 22 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
5. (1 hr 41 mins ago)

Adventure Time

Posted:    ncollier89

not appropriate

Cartoon Network
I can not believe that a show like Adventure Time is played on cartoon network for kids to watch. I believe it should be taken off the air! Immediately! How is it a PG cartoon? It has so many things wrong with it. In tonights episode they show 12 year old Finn dancing on a pole like a striper and his best friend the dog chugging some green stuff at a party in a red cup. While he drinks this liquid his friends are chanting "chug, chug". Then bugs booty dancing and at the end the dog is hypnotized by evil demons. It's really sad that this is on the air for kids to see. The show is not on adult swim, it's on along with all the other kid cartoons.

Adventure Time Adventure Time Adventure Time Adventure Time

Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Dec, 2010 by   xBellx  Best Advice +5 Votes
Ok, there are such things as reasonable complaints and then there are complaints that are just way out there. Do you think kids who watch this show know what stripper poles are, or know that those cheap plastic cups from the dollar store are used for drinking alcohol? No, they don't. Obviously they're going to know something is wrong if you suddenly ban them from watching the show, but in all honesty, it seems you're stretching it a bit. I have seen previous episodes (had no problem with them and thought they were quite entertaining for older kids) and watched this episode especially to see what your complaints were. Really, I don't see anything wrong. The dancing was just silly, and quite frankly, I've seen worse on Spongebob. The green drink was specified as a smoothie and in other episodes, there are certain things the dog and kid drink that are the juice from made up fruits with ridiculous names. And have you never experienced a kid drinking a pop while kids yelled, "chug!". This was a regular in my classrooms growing up and never even knew it was associated with alcohol until I was much older. The show is supposed to be random and ridiculous, which is probably why shows like this and Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, etc become so popular. In the end, you decide what your kids can watch, but its my opinion that you'll be doing much worse by telling them they can't watch an innocent show with a few bathroom humour jokes because mommy was making mountains out of molehills. Btw, kids are smart. If they're curious as to why something is inappropriate, they will find out, so you're better off not making that connection obvious to them.
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   ratatataItatata +3 Votes
ahahahah that is awesome more subversive humour, there were heaps of cartoons like tht when i was a kid, my mum and dad would laugh and i would see the kid side of it. Now watching this stuff it is hilarious to see children liking the cartoony side and myself cracking up at the (mild adult undertones).
The simple fact of it is if you don't want your kids watching it then switch it off don't ruin it for other kids who either have a sense of humour or enjoy seeing fun animation.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   laura1983 -5 Votes
I actually came on here looking for like minded people. i have just viewed an episode of 'Adventure Time' and was disturbed at the fact a 'Magic Man' turned a bird inside out!! Why is this relevant to anything that children would find a entertaining or b educational??!! Should be banned as should all programmes that contain materiel that quite frankly does not NEED to be on tv for our children to watch! I just dont see the point.
 16th of Jun, 2011 by   StonerMoses -3 Votes
OK for all you retard parents out there if you haven't noticed adventure time comes on JUST BEFORE ADULT SWIM witch means your children shouldn't be watching TV they should be about to go to bed. and further more they show is meant for teens not children!
 17th of Jun, 2011 by   jilliemarie13 -3 Votes
i was just watching/listening to an episode with my 6 year old daughter and I heard one of the characters say, "Oh, he is so freaking cute." I think that is totally inappropriate for children to hear on their programs . This cartoon was on during a Friday afternoon at 4:30pm, nowhere near Adult Swim. Will not be watching and will not watch Cartoon Network unless it's Scooby Doo.
 19th of Jun, 2011 by   Beandip7 +1 Votes
I couldn't agree more with 'xbellx'. I think the children enjoy it because it seems differnt and random. They probably don't know anything about what you complainers pointed out. So if they see Finn dancing on a pole, the kids automaticly wanna become a pole dancer? They see Finn get possessed by party demons, they want to become possessed too? When they see the dancing bug, it's randomly halerious to them. You guys are over reacting.
 19th of Jun, 2011 by   Riokosu +1 Votes
@jilliemarie13 so you are going to tell your daughter the histroy of scooby doo right? you know when scooby and shaggy got out of the mystery machine a cloud would come out? you going to explain to her that? that scooby doo is sooo innocent? and tell her what Scooby snake really were? I think not.. Stuff like this has been around ALL THE TIME!! Hell look at all the old cartoon movies lady LOTS of adult related stuff... OH just like pinnochio when he goes out and drinks and smokes... oh and to hear "Oh, he is so freaking cute" How is that even close to to inappropriate??
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   photographer9 -1 Votes
Adventure should be discontinued. Today in an episode Finn asked Jake 'Hey did you snif my ass?' and then Jake asked Finn 'did you lick me all the way to my arm'. What type of language is this? Why is it allowed even for a 13 year old? Adventure time is not acceptable. It should go away.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   Soupa1 +1 Votes
The next season of Adventure Time starts tonight and it's an awesome show. For all you parents over reacting to some of the things like the pole dance scene or the seven minutes in heaven scene, Children too young to understand it won't get it. If one of the characters uses language you think your child shouldn't say then just explain to them that its a bad word and don't repeat it but for gods sake let them watch the show. The somewhat "Subliminal messages" scenes are to attract teenagers and older viewers. I highly doubt filing a complaint will work either, Adventure Time is currently one of cartoon networks most successful shows. For those of you who say "But the show is exposing my child to things I don't want them to be." They are being exposed at school every day. I learned almost every dirty joke, swear word, and *ahem* other things, when I was in school. (Private schools don't fix that either FYI). The kids around here seem to really enjoy the show and even I watch it for laughs. I hope the show lives. It's the next generation of cartoons guys get with the groove or get left behind your choice. Oh and the guy above me photographer9, Finn doesent say ass he says butt, not once have I heard adventure time use vulgarity. (Depends if you count "friggen" and "sucks" as vulgar but whatever.) If the show even used one vulgar word it would be moved to adult swim. Even the complaint is wrong Finn is NOT 12. Last seasons last episode confirmed that Finn is 14 years old. Please do your own research on the show before reviewing it. Kinda sick of seeing reviews about the show having false facts. Whatever you guys think about Adventure Time is up to you but I hope this small section of text made you see a bit more light.
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   garrenn +1 Votes
@photographer9
You are, in fact, a liar. Or you just have horrible hearing. Finn NEVER says "ass" in the show. He said "butt" which is not offensive.

Seriously people, you can't take a couple jokes that your kids won't understand anyways? Kids love this show and unless you're a horrible parent they won't get some of the dirtier jokes which are aimed at the older audience. If you don't like it then have your kids not watch the show. If most parents agree to do this because they don't like it then they won't be getting enough views and therefore the show will be cancelled. But that's not going to happen because many parents will find nothing wrong with it and kids will love it because it's such a great show.
 27th of Aug, 2011 by   garrenn 0 Votes
*I meant Jake never said "ass."
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   ChaoticlyYours 0 Votes
Look, people on the board who honestly don't know what they are talking about and it's ALL of you even the ones complaining about the complainer and whining that the show is ok.
NEWS FLASH: This show was made to be on ADULT SWIM in the first place. That is what it was originally intended for BUT ADULT SWIM rejected the idea. SO the show was TAMED CONSIDERABLY for Cartoon network to pick up. Trust me it's a lot more gory, sexual, and crazy than the randomness and suggestive nature that it is now.
IT WAS NEVER INTENDED FOR CHILDREN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Leave it to adults who don't fact check anything. Oh yes and if you don't want you children to watch feel free to just make them not watch it until you think they can handle it. That's pretty easy to do.
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   The_Kid +1 Votes
Adventure Time is a great television show. My sister (10 years old) and I (13 years old) love to watch it. I have heard MUCH MUCH worse at my school. This is why I get many of the jokes that are meant for parents to laugh at, but my sister laughs at the idea of a young boy traveling around with his dog and stopping villains, not the adult jokes. These jokes are for teenagers and parents to laugh at, younger children will not get them. Adventure Time teaches lessons, too, such as not to break promises. I have watched Adventure Time ever since it has been released on Cartoon Network and it is one of the most random, original, funny things I have watched. Please take my information as it is coming from myself, a child who loves to watch Adventure Time.
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   The_Kid +1 Votes
Why exactly Toads Tool? I'm an A+ student and one of the most mature kids of my seventh grade class.
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   The_Kid 0 Votes
No, I didn't. Is there a reason why you are looking for this person?
 19th of Dec, 2011 by   Adventure kid -2 Votes
look soccer moms you are over reacting and plus you all have the fact wrong Finn and Jake never say bad words only stuff like "suck" or "stink" those are not bad words and shows have been doing thing like adventure time for years. I think you should all calm down and stop being a kill joy
 21st of Dec, 2011 by   RenegadeXZ +2 Votes
I don't understand how Adventure Time is inappropriate. There's nothing wrong with it besides the fact that it's THE BEST and one of the most successful cartoons on Cartoon Network. I'm 18, and i have two little brothers(one is 11 and the other 14) and we all watch and enjoy Adventure Time together. I watch the show almost everyday and don't see anything wrong with it. I get a lot of the jokes that are meant for teens and adults and my little brothers laugh at the randomness of the show. I could not ask for a better cartoon show. Funny & Clever. It's great in so many ways. I don't want any negativity being brought upon the show just because of some uptight parents think some of the content is inappropriate. If you wanna hear some inappropriateness, spend a day in elementary school and I guarantee you'll hear the kids using swear words and cursing, which I have never heard on AT so where are they getting from? hmmm? maybe you dumb parents...Have a good day people.
 5th of Feb, 2012 by   trayferrari -4 Votes
Okay, so "suck" and "freakin" aren't one of the words that most people consider to be curse words, however, I was raised not to say things like that because they are in place of bad words which will only turn into bad words. I absoultely hate it when I hear my seven year old son say "what the butt" which is something he heard on Adventure Time! Hey may as well be saying WTF because that's the point of the phrase, it just isn't admissable on cable television. Adventure Time is disgusting and comes on ALL day EVERY day. I do NOT allow my child to watch it, even if he doesn't get the jokes, there is still so much rudeness and adult themes that a seven year old doesn't need to be privy to. Yet he continues to whine and complain and beg me to watch it because he's the only kid in his class who isn't allowed to watch it. I believe if the parents of those kids took the time out to watch the show one time they would feel the same.
I read one comment in here that said it's the next generation of cartoons... well if that's the case then I feel sorry for the future where it will be okay and accepted for children to say "this freakin sucks" and things like that. Whatever happened to the flintstones, the jetsons, rainbow bright, heman and shera?
Random as it may be, it is NOT appropriate for children and I would be hard pressed to allow my son to watch it as a teenager as well, I'd just as soon allow him to watch The Simpsons before I allow him to watch this crap because that's all it is, 30 minutes of crap!
 28th of Mar, 2012 by   ADTIME +2 Votes
ADVENTURE TIME ROOCCCKKKSS!!! SOONER OR LATER KIDS WILL UNDERSTAND ALL... GROW INTELLIGENT KIDS NOT NAIVE... EASY TO BULL KIDS!
 9th of May, 2012 by   Zargrim 0 Votes
Oh god. Come on parents. You are the generic over protective, concerned parent. Your life is too easy if this is what you are worried about for your children.

The Dumbest Ways To Borrow Money