logo

Otel.com
Refund
2. (8 mins ago)
xantatech.com
They needed only my money
3. (16 mins ago)
Talk to the home office

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aarons Furniture Complaints & Reviews - Very bad quality furniture!

Aarons Furniture Contacts & Informations

Aarons Furniture

Posted:    Tracy Cummings and Garry Washington

Very bad quality furniture!

My boyfriend and I are leasing a love seat, couch, tables and lambs from Aarons furniture store in Tacoma Washington. We had are furniture for about 1 years now and the furniture is starting to peel. It started peeling about 6 months ago right after we leased it. They had this man come out and take pictures of the furniture and he even said that the furniture looks like it came from a bad batch of leather. For the last 4 months now they have been giving us the run around about the manufacture hasn't gotten back to them yet and there's nothing they can do about it until they talk to them. You mean to tell me that it's taking 3-4 months to get in touch with them. Were just tired of paying are hard working money on furniture that is no good, and getting the run around every time we talk to someone down there. But they keep calling our home with a payment, and treating to come get the furniture.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jul, 2007 by   Brian Martino -1 Votes
While I have never leased through Aaron's, my former wife has. She had listed me as a reference and when she inevitably fell behind in her payments, they contacted me. I did agree to make a one time payment of just short of $200.00 using my Visa card.

I was asked at the time of the payment to come into the store and sign an authorization for credit card debit and credit. I declined to come in and do so and reiterated, this is for a one time payment only. Well, guess what happened...? Two months later there were two more payments run through 3 days apart. When I contacted SCOTT, at the Palm Springs, FL. location, and advised him to refund the charges, I was told NO.

I educated him to the terms Wire Fraud, Bank Fraud, Misrepresentation and extortion he suggested I come into the store and we will settle it like "REAL MEN." He then did agree he did in fact run the charges through without authorization but the only way it could be reversed is to sign an agreement. Of course, I declined. I contacted the local authorities (Palm Beach Sheriff's Office and Palm Springs Police Department). I have signed the papers to have charges levied via the State's Attorney's office.

Much to my surprise, yesterday, I had another 200.00 charged to my card. I immediately contacted Scott at Aaron's and he informed me that since I am a "THIEF" and have his furniture, he will continue to charge my card and then he hung up the phone. I might mention one thing, while I was speaking with Scott at Aaron's, I was in the police station on speaker phone with an officer.

My credit card has been closed and another reissued. Incidentally, all of the charges have been refunded to me. Yes, I have spoken with my former wife and she will be more vigilant with her creditors. As for Scott, well, his name is listed on every "DO NOT HIRE" site within Palm Beach County as I am a Charter Member of several Chambers of Commerce. I should think it a long time indeed an unskilled laborer such as Scott, to be able to find gainful employment!
 5th of Aug, 2007 by   lyle r young jr 0 Votes
I bought a new dell computer with a hp printer and the sales rep told me it would be compatible, well i get home, which is about 50 miles away and put everything together and start to install the software for the printer and surprise not compatible with windows vista.
 8th of Nov, 2007 by   COLLEEN ROCK 0 Votes
What if I ever running to some problem can I get a lawyer and sue them?
 27th of Dec, 2007 by   Love Smith 0 Votes
Yeah... I rented a laptop from them that stopped working in about 3 days. I sent it back , refused to pay. They blamed the damages on me and because I am not paying for it. they are taking my furniture from me that I am 3 payments away from owning!

Let me add how one of the employees there offered to "be my sugar daddy" in exchange for payment. I will Never rent from them again!
 29th of Dec, 2007 by   SOMEONE 0 Votes
I also have a problem with Aarons, i got from them dell laptop and they were very nice thru my 1st year, if i was late they accepeted partial of the payment or give me atleast until the end of the month to pay if i paid the late fees. SO NOW I ONLY HAVE 4 PAYMENTS AND I OWN THE LAPTOP, I WAS 2 DAYS LATE THIS MONTH AND THEY CALLED ME AT MY JOB HARRASING ME AND THREATING TO TAKE THE LAPTOP FROM ME WITCH BY THE WAY THE ORIGINALY COSTS $600 AND I HAVE PAID THEM SO FAR $3000 ! IF I KNEW I WAS GOING TO PAY THIS MUCH I WOULD HAVE SAVE THE MONEY AND BOUGHT ME 3 OF THEM! BUT THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE BUT TO WAIT FOR MY PAYMENT, I ALREADY WASTED TOO MUCH $ ON THIS LAPTOP AND IM NOT GOING TO GIVE IT UP! OH YEA, BY THE WAY, YOU WHO SAID THIS "I would hand them my phone so they could call.
Newsflash---its Aarons merchandise until you pay for it in full."

THATS BS. ITS MY MERCHANDISE CAUSE I ALREADY PAID FOR IT 3 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MOM HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH RENT A CENTER AND SHE WAS AWARDED $2300 FROM A LAWSUITE THAT THEY HAD AGAINST THEM. IM IN CONTACT WITH THE LAWYER THAT SUE THEM AND IF AARON SALES AND LEASE DONT STOP HARRASING ME AND THREATING TO TAKE "MY" LAPTOP I WILL BE CALLING THAT LAWYER, ALSO I LOST MY JOB BECAUSE OF THEM CALLING ME 3-6 TIMES A DAY EVERYDAY, SO MY QUESTION IS HOW THE HELL YOU EXPECT TO GET PAID!!!!!
 13th of Jan, 2008 by   brandon winchell 0 Votes
ALL of you whiners are FULL OF CRAP AND BEANS!!!!! No doubt if you had GOOD CREDIT, you would not need to shop at Aarons. This is a store whose clientele typically do not have good enough credit to go to a "REAL" furniture or appliance store. So quit complaining, if it were not for them you wouldnt have sofas, 52" plasma screens and laptops. And it does not matter if YOU think the price is unfair or that YOU think you have paid too much. Might I remind you all, YOU SIGNED FREAKING AGREEMENTS THAT YOU WOULD MAKE THE PAYMENTS THAT THEY ASKED FOR, ON TIME AND IN THE PROPER AMOUNT. Quit blowing your money on crap in your life, pay your debts, get GOOD credit and go somewhere else. In the menatime, quit your whining and complaining. But I guess that is just asking you morons too much, to actually fulfill YOUR end of the bargain. If you know they will be calling you, heres a nugget of gold: PAY YOUR FREAKING BILLS!!!
 28th of Jan, 2008 by   donald d metcalfe 0 Votes
yep most places are rip offs,be it somebody trying to tell you they're merchandise is better than everyone elses, or the person trying to tell you i want to be your buddy,its ok that you have bad credit so i'll finance you.they are all full of shit.
but my story goes like this wells fargo screwed me,i took a consolidation loan to pay off a piece of property,a 1999 trans am that i bought brand new and the trunk would'nt shut unless the car was setting just rite on the pavement,(but thats another story),and my semi.i took this loan for 30,000 and agreed to pay it back in 5 years,for me thats a cake walk i was'nt concerned in the least about a little note.so i set up direct deposit so i wuold never be late,there was plenty of money in there to pay the loan if i wanted.but i thought ok,build my credit,6 months went by without a problem so i totaly blew off watching the account hell it was taking care of itself as it should,i'm out driving my truck 15 months into the loan i get a call saying wells fargo is taking my property about 50k my car about 37k and my semi 75k because i've renigged on the loan for 7 months.i said what the hell are you talking about?after alot of calls and talking to people all over the country we finaly find out the problem the dumb ass bitch in the milton florida office april brown,(hi april,hope you rot in hell)had ordered the wrong check # for the direct deposit,she had records where she had tried to call me and sent letters,none of which took place.and she had been promoted during this time to regional manager.so in essence she was now in charge,and i dont think shes going to fire herself,do you?so i paid the loan off in full 3 years early with my credit totaly screwed,and decided whatever i bought from there out i would pay for in cash,oh yea dont do that becuase you end up with 0 credit and that is supposedly worse than bad credit.
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by   Ericka 0 Votes
I was actually going to consider purchasing a mattress and tv from Aaron's AFTER I determined the cost of each item. Now that I know they are over priced just like a rent-a-center and there is such terrible employees and customer service and furniture, I'm no longer considering. Happy I found this website!
 18th of Jun, 2008 by   angie 0 Votes
I was considering a bedroom set, dining table and a tv. I'm already having problems with the furniture I have from rent-a-center so the next step was to see what Aarons had in store. But now, after going to this site, I have changed my mind. Thanks.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   Xaymara 0 Votes
I financed a couch, tables, and lamps from Aarons in Edison, NJ. Mind you this was about 3 months ago and i still dont have my furniture.

The first Time They brought the couches, the couches had holes in them, and dirt inside the pillows.
The Tables were extremely damaged and scrathed and had missing parts. I told them to give us NEW FURNITURE and refused to make any payments.

I waited like a month and they still gave me the run around about all this crap, when i aksed where the hell my couches where do you know what they said?!! They told me they couldnt bring them because thier Truck was infested with ROACHES!! ROACHES!!! Now how the hell are you going to tell a customer that!

They finally bring the couches, that looked new, smelled new, i believe were New, but No tables yet. And they are PISSING me off, i really feel like just forgeting about the whole thing and getting my money back.

Its a shame because the actual store has much potential, but whoevers hiring needs to be fired. I will NEVER recommend this store to ANYONE. How are you going to give people USED, DAMAGED furniture and telling them that it is brand new!

And thats my story, glad to share my pissedoffness with you all. And i hope someone from the store gets the chance to read this. Thank You.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Sue 0 Votes
My boyfriend and I bought a living room suit from Aaron's in October. We both took off work so that we could meet with their delivery date... Three times. Each time we had to go into the store and reschedule a delivery date, to which they never showed. Knowing that you noever let anyone in your house with out being home, finally we got in touch with the regional manager demanding that we be compensated for missed work. We were only compensated for one missed day, but yet they have recieved all of their payments on time. Now the chair that we purchased is broken and we've waited for them to contact us for over a month. They scheduled a day for us to be home to pick up the chair, on which they showed up four hours late. Yet again., one of us had to miss another day of work. We've tried several time to contact regional managers with no reply. At this moment, I am still waiting for a call back, which is suppossed to be today. I have a feeling that wont happen, either.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   SUMEBODY 0 Votes
aarons in hayward is AWFUL if you are behind 10.00 they will haraass you on your job call your cell phone numerous time bad customerservice, and BAD BUSINESS DO NOT RENT FROM THEM RALPH the store manager will rob you for all your money take it from me DON'T GO THERE i wish someone would have told me AWFUL, SCAM, MONEY HUNGRY, AND THEY ACT LIKE THE POLICE!!!
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   SUMEBODY 0 Votes
RIPP OFFS!
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   Precious2g6 0 Votes
I feel bad because I am a college student and n my credit isnt low or high, I never have had anything in my name so I had no choice but t go to aarons. Well I got a full bed set and was told it was new, it arrived in 5 days so I was kind of happy eventhough i noticed if I didnt pay a certain amount in a certain time the price will triple...believe me triple !!! Now that I am almost finished paying my headboard is splitting in half and for the dressers they are peeling, I dont even think this is real wood and is about $2, 500 out my pocket. To top it off when I went to review my payments and all the details in the contract I saw on there where only one thing is new out the whole set... the mirror... I am sleeping on a used mattress and dressers are just peeling!!! I know its almost a year but something should be done it really isnt fair. My furniture back at my mom house is from Havertys and City Furniture and we never had this problem and the furniture has to be about 8 years old now : ( and mines is barely a year : (
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   Cara Comella 0 Votes
If you are having problems with the furniture for Aarons you need to call them. They will repair or replace it as long as you are still making payments on it. I have dealt with Aarons for years and am getting ready to just outright buy furniture from a regular store. From what I have seen of complaints, I think I would rather stick with Aarons.
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   No Mo Bad Credit 0 Votes
Listen people complain. Most people who complain are people who need help with their credit. Let us clean up your credit www.nomobadcredit.com and we will get you in contact with reputable furniture stores.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   wont be taken as a sucker +1 Votes
yes people i too have dealt with aarons !i go to the store look at the sofas i sign the contract i get the stuff delivered and come to find out they too gave me floor model used flat cushions and chipped peeled damaged fake wood it is not real !..i called to complain and then i was reassured by the supposed manager at aarons that it was a mistake he apologized because i specified i did not want the furniture used or floor model and i got the run around i got angry told them u have to take ur furniture back i do not want it !within 3 days of having the furniture they did pick it up but only after i was rudely insulted by the manager over the phone but they sure didnt stick me with the cheap furniture besides its false advertising . hand painted wood whoopee doo my 10 year old could of done that !thanks but no thanks
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   CarrieH721 0 Votes
I was also delivered a "brand new" couch and love seat.. they both smell like dirty feet and the sofa had a hole in it upon delivery. It took 2 months to get something done about it. The table are scratched and wobbly.. I'm scared to say anything b/c I don't want them thinking I'm just a trouble maker but this couch stinks so bad. They demolished the sofa getting it out of the apt and I told them nevermind on bringing in the other "new" one b/c I was scared they would demolish it too. I'm stuck with a love seat and me and my husband must share it. It's just crazy how they treated us throughout all of it. They also threatened us when I quit making payments. I have completely paid for it all in full now but I am just so scared that they won't do anything about this couch that smells like dirty feet. I thought it was my husband's feet making the couches smell but I smell his shoes and smell nothing! So, I don't know what's up with this furniture but it is also very cheaply made! Not satisfied at all...
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   summer1968 0 Votes
Unfortunately, my credit is bad...I was a full time student and $20, 000 in debt. I had to sacrafice my credit for an education.
My dryer was busted and I was sick and tired of going to the laundermat
Now that I have graduated and making close to six figures a year, I decided to get these beautiful ruby red front loaders from Aarons.
A couple of nurses in the emergency dept referred me to Aarons, saying that they don't check you're credit.
I was sold !!!
I love my new washer/dryer set, but if your a couple of days late with payment they HARRASS you and the references you put down on the application like no other!!! AND BOY ARE THEY RUDE!!! WITH GHETTTO TYPE MENTALITY...SOMEWHAT LIKE LOAN SHARKS!!!
I understand that I should make my payment on time, but 2 days late!
Where's the grace period? Come on!!!
TAKE NOTE:
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT BUYING AT AARONS!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY ELSEWHERE !!! SAVE ALL YEAR AND WAIT TILL BLACK FRIDAY!
NOT ONLY WILL YOU BE SAVING A BUNDLE YOU WON'T BE PAYING TRIPLE LIKE ME!!!
I will be paying triple in the end, once I finish my loan with Aarons. I am saving big time right now so I won't have to.
I MADE AN UNEDUCATED CHOICE AND I AM LITERALLY PAYING THE
PRICE.
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   MM001 0 Votes
Yea! Good for you! I love to hear a success story with an untrained criminal such as an Aarons employee.
You should sue.