logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
pharma-mart.com
I got scammed by them, post a complaint on eroids and got banned for it and my order deleted
2. (1 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
3. (9 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
4. (11 mins ago)
tyhermenlisahair
tyhermenlisahair
5. (25 mins ago)
Jdshoes Shopping
Seller didn’t communicate and no info about order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Zinnis Dress Shop Of Springfield Complaints & Reviews - Does not take returns!

Zinnis Dress Shop Of Springfield Contacts & Informations

Zinnis Dress Shop Of Springfield

Posted:    Rosa L Marcucci

Does not take returns!

Purchased outfit on friday afternoon, tried to return it on Tuesday afternoon because the store is closed on Sunday and Monday and was told by the owner that she does not take returns. No where in the store is there a sign stating that. The receipt states no return on evening wear and this shop according to owner is such, but never prior to me paying and getting a receipt did I know of the no return policy.

This store is not only a rip off, but extremely pushy. Would not recommend anyone to go in there and purchase anything from this pushy, rude, pompous and self righteous individual who exists only because of her family name.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Zinnis Dress Shop Of Springfield complaints
Zinnis Dress Shop Of Springfield - rude owner

Comments

11th of Dec, 2007 by   Lauren 0 Votes
Zinnis of Philadelphia has beautiful dresses and they are very nice!! You are crazy!!
 26th of Feb, 2008 by   Lann -1 Votes
That lady was insane! I was just there today and she was grabbing the most obnoxious dresses for my small flat chested figure... idiot.

However, I did see one dress I really enjoyed :)
but it was highly over priced in my opinion...
 28th of Feb, 2008 by   Zinnis of Philadelphia 0 Votes
In the Four years of owning my own shop
I have dressed over Four thousand woman
And said client is the only one who did not agree with our return policy
The truth of the matter is she has a reputation of wearing clothes and returning them
We will only sell the finest clothing to our clients that have NEVER been worn prior to purchase
So we advise said client to shop at the malls so she can wear the outfit to her her husbands work party on a Thursday evening and then return it to the mall with no questions asked.
our clients deserve much better.
 17th of Mar, 2008 by   Veryupsetting 0 Votes
About two years ago there was a young lady that went shopping with her friend and her mother for her prom dress. The young lady was told that each girl trying on dresses had to be accompanied by their parent. This young lady's mother had just passed away from Cancer. The young girl left the store crying. This led to the store being boycotted from the young ladies that attended her school Penncrest. Rightfully so.
 21st of Apr, 2008 by   M. Ballance 0 Votes
Hi my name is mare I am a senior at penncrest and have no clue what your talking about penncrest boycotting Zinni's I bought my prom dress there and that lady was so nice she picked the perfect dress for my size 18 body and I never once felt bad about myself.
Those of you who know me best know I lost my mother when I was 11. That store told me I needed a parent or guardian not just a parent.

you should be happy she needs the approval of an guardian or parent

Some of my classmates are brats and they just want what they want when they want it
please cry me a river...
 14th of May, 2008 by   DIANE QUERCETTI 0 Votes
PUSHY AND RUDE - THEY WILL NOT EVEN LET YOU LOOK AT THEIR DRESSES DOWNSTAIRS UNLESS YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT. THEY
CATER TO PEOPLE THAT DO NOT WORK. THE ONLY OPTION TO GO THERE AFTER WORK IS TO GO ON A SATURDAY (MOB SCENE) I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THE STUFFY ATMOSPHERE WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ON THE MAIN LINE BUT THEY ARE IN SPRINGFIELD FOR GOD'S SAKE.
 21st of May, 2008 by   MEM 0 Votes
I have not once found any of the staff @ Zinnis to be pushy or rude I hope that shop has a 20 year lease because I never realized how good I could look until they got there hands on me Thanks Carolyn
And I have made appointments myself and to know they will spend more than one and half hours on me alone made me feel very special, and educated me on "How Do I Look" AMAZING my husbands tells me...
 27th of Jul, 2008 by   Kimberly 0 Votes
They are only nice to you if you look like a rich snob .. i walked in there and walked right out! I ended up buying my prom dress at Stellas onn Mcdade and they were VERY nice
 22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Zimper 0 Votes
Carolyn Zinni is a terrible person who takes advantage of the people around her. She gets what she wants then dumps them but not without taking everything with her first
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   Hannah Banana 0 Votes
I personally love Zinni's they have fabulous dresses and are very kind. She knows exactly what cut will be great for your body.

It's great that they don't have a return policy, that way you know that the dress has only ever been tried on, but not worn. This way it is in perfect condition for the owner.

As for the parent or guardian, it's good because some girls don't know what looks good and what doesn't. No one wants a girl coming looking skanky.

Caroline has every right to be who she is. She owns a darling, prestigious, beautiful shop that contains gowns of the same calibur.

Hannah Banana
 10th of Mar, 2009 by   patty127 0 Votes
I have known Carolyn and her parents on a buisness and personal level for years. I just purchased my daughters prom gown from zinnis, Carolyn spent so much daughter who is alittle shy and self consience about her body, needless to say she left the shop beaming, she lvoed the way she looke because Carolyn knew what would look great on her!
Thank you Carolyn and staff for all your help, i will send pictures
Patty
 11th of Mar, 2009 by   suzie q -1 Votes
FYI, there is a very nice dress shop called the Golden asp in Bensalem, go there first. I have been in Zinnis to look at both prom dresses for my daughter and mother of the bride dresses with my sister. The owner is such a upety snob. Needless to say, I have enough money to buy and sell her 6 times over, but do not flaunt it. Being in Business wear, when I shop I dress in comfortable jeans and when my sister and I walked in she looked us up and down like we were street urchins. I laughed at her and we walked out. Same thing with my duaghter and I. PLEASE, SOMEONE, ANYONE, OPEN UP A DRESS SHOP THAT CARRIES THE SAME QUALITY DRESSES IN DELAWARE COUNTY, AND PUT HER OUT OF BUSINESS!
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   ZinniLover 0 Votes
Hey Susie Q,
If you have so much money to "buy her 6 times over" why dont YOU open a dress shop????????
hmmmmm...I have one word for you
JEALOUS!!
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   char467 0 Votes
I visited Zinnis' Dress shop Saturday 8/1/09 having no clue that I would find anything that I would want to buy. Carolyn spotted me and gave the absolute best customer service that a human could receive. One of the comments said that she was snooty and that is the furthest from the truth. Not only was she warm, friendly and accommodating but she was considerate. I left there with three of the most beautiful dresses that you could ever want to buy that she brought up from the basement. I did not know there was a basement. She over extended herself to help me. One of the things that impressed me was that we may not have been dressed like we could afford anything in that store but Carolyn treated us as if we were Queens. My sister is a Business Service manger with one the largest retail companies in the world and I am a supervisor for the same company.

Charmaine
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   Upset in Delco 0 Votes
Carloyn is a piece of crap. Her former 2nd husband helped her put togather a "Spaghetti Dinner Benefit" for her son, who had cancer, and many who attended the event donated hard earned money for George's medical bills. Halfway through the dinner, Georges Father pulled up with his new Girl, looking like they were going to the Oscars. He was decked out in a designer suit and she looked like she had $100, 000 worth of jewelry on. It was an insult to all of the people who donated hard earned money when this guys dad is a wealthy doctor.

Carolyn is a shallow person. I would never drop a dime into her business. It's terrible thing, having cancer, as I know first hand battling leukemia myself, but to have a Benefit dinner for a kid who happens to be driving a new $40, 000 SUV the week after his benefit was a slap in the face to anyone who attended.

After dropping off a caserole to her house when her son was diagnosed, we chatted for a while and she "acted" nice. A few years later I went to her dress shop for a wedding dress and she was not only rude and short with me, but she was downright mean, even after I told her about our former meeting. What a piece of shit.
 23rd of Aug, 2009 by   Upset in Delco 0 Votes
Hannah Banana you are also a shallow piece of shit.
 28th of Aug, 2009 by   ZinniLover 0 Votes
So Carolyn is a shallow piece of shit, because her "ex" husband is loaded???? Oh and now Hannah Banana is a piece of shit because she happens to love Zinni's, and enjoyed her experience there. Grow up, and get a life!
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   moo moo 0 Votes
Im disappointed in this store. I spent a lot of money for a dress that wasn't spectacular, tried returning it the day after and was told there no returns accepted. These reviews all seem on point and its unfortunate that this is how they treat their customers. I hope they go out of business soon.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   jen jonees 0 Votes
wow was i the bell of the ball. thanks carolyn you were right the whole time
thank you for the best sales help EVER
jen
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   negativity is annoying 0 Votes
Zinni's is a fabulous shop filled with great staff that are always going out of their way to make every customer feel beyond beautiful! I have had nothing but pleasant experiences there and have noticed that every single customer is also treated that way...I appreciate the Zinni's return policy because I don't want to spend that kind of money on a dress that was walked out of the store and into someone elses hands in god only knows what kind of environment. Carolyn is honest because she cares not because she wants anyone to feel bad about themselves. For everyone with negativity about this store maybe you should stick to macy's where you can return whatever you please, but this is a specialty boutique with special policies that apply to everyone! These comments above are beyond harsh and are so inaccurate it is actually funny. I also sense the jealousy among some of you negative people. As for the parent or guardian policy i understand that may be disappointing to a young girl but this isn't dress up! Lastly, I am one of the customers that swings in with comfortable clothes and never once have I felt discrimated against or anyone else I referred there. I hope Zinni's is around for eternity & I don't doubt that it will be!!!

Consumer Tips: Secure Personal Information