logo

Zbiddy.com

Posted: 2011-02-07 by    BagT

Fraud

Zbiddy.com
I was not aware of what a scam this is It cost me$159.00 to find out...

Do Not usethis company or any other company who says you can bid on stuff cheaply..I tried unsuccessfully to cancel my account and it finally cost me $159.00 they will not refund our money ..they state in good faith they will refund half still waiting for that to happen which is $79.50 but not the full price. Tey charge you what they want and you can not change the amount beleive me I tired.. they are scamers and cheats don't use them..unless you want a good life lesson.. remeber if it walks like aduck and quacks like a duck its a dam duck good luck too all future suckers
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Feb, 2011 by   danerdberg12 0 Votes
It looks like many other "penny auction site". You pay to bid. It sounds crazy but they try to mimic a real live auction with a twist. Its not a scam. They did refund some of your money. There are 1000's of youtube verification, it been on the news. I have a friend who keeps trying to get me to use these sites with the main attraction is that you can win at large discounts. I still can't get myself to do so. I am very traditional (e-traditional) and personally would still go to Amazon. Good luck.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   junkyarddog -3 Votes
This Penny Auction Watch site is Major scam(pennyauctionwatch.com). Also known as "PAW".

PAW is a front for these dishonest penny auction owners to make their sites look legit. Penny Auction Owners plant positive experiences on here(Complaints Board) and on the Penny Auction Watch forums(PAW) to bait people into playing and buying bid packs. Buying bid packs to bid on items? What a joke and scam!

Go to Flippa[dot]com and search "penny auctions for sale"

There you can see how these operates by the use of controlled bots on autobid to scam any real people into buying more and more bid packs until the reserve price has at least been met for that item that's bid on. They aren't in the business to LOSE money and will never ACTUALLY sell an item below value. If not enough real people are bidding on a particular item for a while, they will end the auction to a bot name. They will then list the bots name in the "Auction History" section to make it look as if REAL people actually win and auction is honest+fair.

You can buy your own Penny Auction from Flippa.com and start scamming also. So easy to do.

Also. Google, "penny auction website script" and see how these scams operate. The scripts are cheap to buy.
To build up traffic to your scam penny auction you must plant positive experiences on forums such as PAW(PAW is a front). You must also dispute ANY negativity or complaints on forums such as this.
For EX, tell the angry complainer that he must be crazy, use stupid bidding techniques and unlucky because you win all the time and just won a 52inch Plasma for 2 bucks. People WILL start believing you if you plant enough fake postitive experiences/reviews. JUST make sure to use different names each time you fake post. If you use same name over and over again telling everyone you win all the time, people will begin to catch on and realize it's just a fake post planted by the Penny Site operator/owner.

They cheat you and make a killing from people like you that bought into it. Some will even go as far as to advertise on social networking sites such as "FACEBOOK" and write stories of winning items for $4 and so on to get people to join the site.
I call it their, "Fake Social Environment" where they ask and answer their own questions attempting to be perceived as an honest and fair auction. For EX they will say, "I just won 12 Lap Tops for $40 and they all arrived today in factory sealed boxes! I love this site!"

Anyone can do this... so easy to make money. MAKE sure that the server that hosts your scam auction is located outside of the USA so you can get around federal gambling regulated laws. If heat gets to much, then shut scam auction down and create a new one. Repeat process.

Happy scammin'!!

I tried to post that on PAW(pennyauctionwatch[.]com) to warn good honest people BUT they wouldn't allow it to post.. I wonder why? ;)

So i'll just post away on websites such as this.

You use to could post on PAW right away but now they have a Moderator that must approve your post first.. I wonder why that is? ;)

I think we ALL know why that is :)
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Nipar -3 Votes
I am more neutral on the subject but the thing is you can only win about 5% of all your penny picks a year. 95% of penny stocks just erode away without any bother to say goodbye. Within the surviving 5%, only 2% eventually pop. The remaining three just float 20 feet under water for years and years, waiting for you to give up and walk.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   M.P. Sisco -1 Votes
I was also scammed by Zbiddy, but after threatening to report them to the BBB, all but 3 dollars was refunded.Today I requested the 3 dollars also be refunded, and since the company is located in Deerfield Beach Florida, I will follow through with reporting them to the BBB.I suggest all who have lost money to report them, and be persistent.People who let it drop are what this web site is depending upon, plus I find it very strange that when they call, it comes up private.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   karenwo33 +1 Votes
I too paid $159. However, to my surprise I put a few bids and Won. And it was fun. Maybe I was lucky. I did receive my item new no issues. (already won a few gift cards and some bid packages). The customer service was very friendly. They actually called me up after my purchase to welcome me to the service and explained how it worked. who does that?... so far i'm very impressed with this company. They gave me the "WOW" factor. I wish they would have more auctions on the overnight.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   pennyauctionwatch.com +2 Votes
JUNKYARDDOG: Excuse me, but I am the owner of PAW Penny Auction Watch and you sir/ma'am I believe have a hidden agenda to your libel/(falsehoods) to defame and discredit me. I came here to find more info on Zbiddy and to se that you are posting lies about me in multiple locations makes me wonder who you really are and what you stand to gain. Perhaps a penny auction site owner that is ripping consumers off?

I am inviting anyone to join http://pennyauctionforum.com and post your review of this penny auction site and others and junkyarddog is lying. If you are following the forum rules your post will not be moderated.

I am very disappointed to see yet another penny auction site charging consumers but failing to disclose this, the FTC may need to get involved?
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   pennyauctionwatch.com +2 Votes
PAW Is NOT a FRONT for any penny auction site. I, the sole owner/founder do not own any penny auction site. Stop spreading your lies & stop ripping people off.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   pennyauctionwatch.com +2 Votes
and BTW junkyarddog moderation is required due to spam.
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   Robert See 0 Votes
The phone number listed above ( 718-454-3644) is not the number for ZBiddy but for the enterprise which sold them the domain name; or so says the person answering at that number. The address listed in Fresh Meadows, NY for where they claim to be when searched on google maps brings up a playground on one side of the street and a pipe company on the opposite side. Sooooo good luck in trying to find a customer service number even though they say in their welcome email that they will call with-in 24 hours to confirm your registration. Buyer beware this is a total scam!!!
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   Rickw145 0 Votes
They have a customer service number 888-406-6509. It's on the site. I had an issue with an auction I won, (nothing bad, just needed a different version) and they were very helpful, gave me some free bids and quickly resolved the issue.
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   w10splayer 0 Votes
I too was upset when I was charged $159 and was told that I had just purchased 265 bids. I knowingly put my information in to set up an account but thought I would have some choice before being charged. I felt used but decided to live and learn and I placed a couple of bids on two items but didn't have the time or the patience to wait 15 seconds for each additional penny bid. I recieved a call from the customer service department yesterday and today leaving a welcome v/m. I called back today to the number on my caller ID (954-834-1550) and got a representative immediately. I told her that I felt scammed and she apologized and credited me $100 back on my card and sent a $50 restaurant downloadable coupon but you have to give your name and email to the site to get. She was very pleasant and I did't have to SCREAM or even anything close. That means that I'm still out $59 but I will use the 100 bids that comes with that and probably will not buy any more. They may be a scam. I don't know, but the economics of selling a $500 Ipad for $20 when at a penny per bid and it takes 2000 bids to equal $20 and each penny bid cost .60 to purchase means that they made $1200. They shouldn't have to scam. I don't know because I'm new at all this but I'm just saying...
 16th of Mar, 2011 by   agebru +1 Votes
I somewhat agree to the complaint that these bidding sites employ bots. I actually filmed an auction just to prove my point that bots pretending to be people bid more than the retail price of the stuff being auctioned. I mean...who does this on his right mind? Do you actually spend more than $50 for a gift card that is worth $25? You will see two or three people doing this when the clock is about to stop. After counting the number of bids these "people" are placing and the money they are spending, I knew that one cannot win such an auction, they will make you just run out. I did actually won some gift cards, but bots are more than you can handle. I contacted the company about this and they said "we're sorry you feel this way" :)
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   mz.kannonz 0 Votes
i agree with it being some sort of scam I am trying to get a lil input before I start but now i am totally discouraged! i knew something wasn't right. Why pay 60cents for a penny worth of bids!I was doing the math, i saw wins for 40-50cents, thats 50pennies at 60cents a peice!i won at 50cent times 60cent, is not 50cent!DUH Thats ass backwards! So in all actuality your not coming out on top! It may be fun to do but a waste of funds, well they just aren't explained in lamen terms to get the real point of how they are rippin people off!good luck dumbasses!
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   runeweaver +1 Votes
They say it talks about the $159 in the Terms of Service. Who reads the Terms of Service? The cost should clearly be stated. Getting your money back is a matter of disputing the charge with the credit card company. Worked for me on something else that I tried where they hid the cost in the terms. I did not get scammed on this one because I am reading comments like these here and now know better.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   Stephen 0 Votes
The law says that costs need to be clearly stated not buried in the terms and conditions. Go to FTC.gov and read their rules on clear disclosure.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   Stephen +1 Votes
Yes it does:

violations of the FTC Act:

Failing to disclose adequately that consumers who order a “free” sample are enrolled in a continuity program, that their accounts will be debited or charged to pay for the program, that they must cancel to avoid extra shipments and debits and charges, and how and when they must cancel to avoid the debits or charges; and
Debiting or charging accounts of consumers who cancelled or tried to cancel, or those who were not adequately informed of the negative option features or terms and conditions, and therefore did not provide express informed consent for the debits or charges.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   Mikaelangelo -1 Votes
I Agree whith your comments. They said they will send a card resterant. Because they said after sevendays. Not
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   Lethal 0 Votes
so you pay .60 to place a .01 or .10 bid.. so .61 or .70 a bid...lol?
 16th of Apr, 2011 by   Unhappy Female 0 Votes
Look, ok so yes i get the picture. Im always amazed that the cruel ways people are trying to get over on people who are trying to just enjoy life and maby get a deal. I wonder how these people feel about working for a company that rips people off. Oh sure, i know i should know better, but what about the good natured unsuspecting people. Not everyone is the smartest tool in the shed. But does that mean in this day and age of struggle that they should be ripped off. Come on, all i can say is zbiddy has met there match. Hey Zbiddy!!! Your messing with the wrong female. So put that in your bidding box and shove it where the sun does not shine.
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   plsntdrms +2 Votes
I also went on the site and signed up for 159.00 but it was my fault for not reading the terms instead of just pressing yes, I accept. Anyways, I actually called the number the next day and they promptly refunded my money. I called Saturday morning and my money was credited back to my account Sunday. It also states that you can request a refund for unused bids within 7 days. Luckily for me, I read that because I would have just let it go even though I cannot afford to do that.

Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Spying