YellowPages.com

Posted:

Horrible to cancel!!!!!!

Yellowpages.com
McKinney, Texas
Had 1 year contract. Sales rep called to see if I wanted to renew contract on expiration. Told her no. She wanted to give me statistics and other stuff. I had to go and said call me or email me tomorrow to get her off the phone. Did not say I would renew and wanted to cancel. She called everyday will sales info. etc. On original call wanted affirmative to stay, now says she never got a negative I wanted to cancel... "Why would I keep calling if you had asked to cancel?" SCAM...
Complaint comments Comments (32) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes

Yellow Pages - charges on credit card

We approved small monthly charges of about $50. My wife does the bills and sometimes there is a laps in time before I catch miss charges. I there were 3 or 4 monthly charges of over $300 a month when I realized that they were over charging me. We stopped payment with our credit card provider. My wife spoke to them several times and they would not reosonably deal with the situation. Today a collection agency called me. This is corrupt and wrong! If they can provide a taped conversation or show me a signed contract for similar amounts that they charged we will gladly pay the bill. If not they need to remove us from collections and restore the damage they did to my credit.
 1st of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I can't tell you how much I regret doing business with these people. They have not lived up to whats in the contact and refuse to call me back or answer my phone calls until of course I canceled my credit card. Then the phone calls start coming in. They will not let me out of this contract but have not done whats in the contract. I refuse to pay the remaining balance for something I did not get. It makes me sick when I think about it and I cant seem to resolve the issue. THIS IS THE WORST BUSINESS DECISION I EVER MADE. BEWARE
 16th of Dec, 2008 by    -1 Votes
For Lynnerd- As with all business transactions, did you obtain a receipt of your cancellation? Sounds like you did not bother.

If you returned a pair of jeans to the store, do you not get a receipt? Why should this cancellation be different?

Yellow Pages contracts are typically PERPETUAL contracts unless you advise them to stop before the next edition or update. Like your water and power service.

Also, most yellowpages.com contracts are for a year or longer and there is NO cancellation period once you sign.

Your statement "said call me or email me tomorrow to get her off the phone" is quite clear for her to expect that you had changed your mind."

Not a scam. Just you leading on the sales rep.

Now there might be a possible resolution but I doubt you would invest the money with a media consultant/claim advocate to get it resolved.

Hope it gets resolved.
 16th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
Mark, your protest of the bill will do nothing but hammer your credit for years to come.

Stop all this phone calling.

Write letters and more letters (delivery conf or certified) to the appropriate addresses and keep good records. Not the address on the bill, the address on your terms and conditions.

It will take more work getting this past due debt record off your credit than you can imagine, and if it gets resolved, you will now have to retain and store the resolution docs for about 10 years.

Hope it works out.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
These people are seriously children. This makes me angry. They KNOW what they're doing when they say yes. Also, like the guy above said, it sounds like you haven't even bothered checking your traffic reports. Mine are great, and I'm in a dinky town. I get plenty of calls, and I KNOW WHO THEY ARE because I bother to read my call tracking reports each month. Oh well, enjoy going out of business. :-)
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Calling. emailing or faxing your desire to cancel is not enough. Your contract specifies you need to mail AT&T Yellowpages / yellowpages.com a written cancellation notice. This notice should be received before your "auto-renewal" date. Your sales rep knows this, but most likely will not inform you of this--out of hope your contract will auto-renew and the sales rep will automatically make another commission on you.

To cancel you need to mail your Advertising Rep a letter Canceling Service and Specifying that you do not wish the contract to Renew. Make sure you mail the letter certified with a return receipt. Keep a copy of the letter, and a copy of the receipt.. You will need these as evidence in case your sales rep decides to ignore your notice to cancel.
 14th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I am an attorney in New Jersey. I have filed a class action. Would you have a minute when I could contact you?

Thanks!

Paul Perkins
paulperkins@lynchlawyers.com
800.656.9529
 26th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

YellowPages - Company Harrasment
Yellowpages
New York

YellowPages.com started calling me on Thursday, August 20. At my store to confirm my business information.
My statement was, if you are confirming my information. then you already have it and I will let you know if it's correct. I then responded to the questions with affirmative or Correct, being careful not to say YES to anything
I then confirmed my information with them and afterward hung up to take care of my clientelle.
They then continue to call me 30 times in 3 hours, tying up my phone lines and my credit machine So I was having a very difficult time caring for my customers.
I have told them to put me on the do not call list, Not interested, Get off my (blankity blank phone) and so on.
They then called 15 times on Friday, 4 times on Saturday, and 15 times on Tuesday.
By this time I'm fed up!!
I called the police and filed a harrasement report against them so I can now have my phone traced, because in New York, you can't have your lines traced without a police report. Their number always comes up unknown and isn't readable with *69.
He then called 6 times on Wednesday before I let the cat out of bag.
Told the Indian Man that I had filed a report with the local police deptartment, The NY state atty. Generals office, and the phone company.
He then said he wasn't doing anything wrong. I went to dial the number to trace the call and he wouldn't hang up on his end to free the line.
This is Blatant harrassment
 21st of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Yellow Pages - Scam
Minnesota

Was faxed a form from this company with the official YellowPages logo on the top asking me to update my information and sign and fax back. And with it I would get a free listing with google.com. Well they consider that form that you fax back with your updated company information a contract. They then will wait until AFTER their cancellation period to send you the first invoice. Getting the first invoice you think "what the..." and call to cancel. Oh but they do not accept PHONE CALLS! You have to write an email. And they will only reply by letter. When they finally do reply to your email, you are past your expiration date, and you can cacel but you are responsible for 6 months worth of the fees. Then go ahead and look for your listing on yellowpages.com, NOPE! Not going to be there! Because you see they are not the real Yellowpages and they will tell you that they are allowed to steal the logo of the real yellow pages because it is not copywrited. They will then supposedly cut you a deal for half of the $1000 you owe if you pay now. We said "no way in hell" and they had a woman from a "collection" agency call us to harass us for their money. We still said no. We then sent a complaint to the BBB in NY. They have stopped calling and have not contacted us since. Do be careful out there. This was a huge pain and a lot of headaches.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I informed my rep that I didn't want to renew in August. the charges continued on my credit card. I hasd contacted their customer service when I was informed that I neede to have my sales rep do a zero dollar contract to cancel the advertisement. 1 month went by and I had stopped authorization with my credit card. My rep magically showed u[p, did the zero dollar contract and they are still charging me. I am forwarding this information to the PA Attorney General
 21st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am sorry that you are not with Yellowpages.com. I was looking online and a found a website that you can setup a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com
 15th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am sorry that you are not happy with yellowpages.com. I was looking online found a website that you can have a ebillboard for FREE. Just go to seekshallfind.com. I was talking to my friend Bill he sign up for a ebillboard. He told me that he is glad that he got a ebillboard. His business just moved to a new building he went to change this info with yellow book and was on hold for 35 Minutes waiting for someone to talk to. When he went to his ebillboard and change his info and it took him just few minutes.
 3rd of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

YellowPages.com - Worst company I have ever worked with
YellowPages.com

I signed up for a yellowpages.com ad with a 12 month agreement totaling $7800. I am now more than two months in to it and my ad is incorrect. Local salespeople will not call me back and AT&T's 800 number listed on the bill connects you to a voice mail box that is always full. They have created an ad for me that does not accurately represent the products I wish to market and never gave me an opportunity to proof read it or select the content that should be displayed. The first 45 days the ad was live it was not displayed in all of the geographical areas I had selected and paid for. I was promised a credit, which has not come yet and no response from sales people or customer service. My profile on yellowpages.com actually contains a link that goes to a competitor’s website. Without communication from them, I am unable to get this resolved. In addition, my local sales rep quoted me call counts in excess of 30 per month which is just completely made up as I have not attributed any calls to this service. I may stop paying for the service but from what I am reading, it seems like AT&T will sue you.

I would be very interested in participtaing in a class action suit agains AT&T/Yellowpages.com and can be reached at 704-846-1400 if one is being organzied.
 17th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

YellowPages Online - Unauthorized service
YellowPages Online

A representative named Alex contacted our office to advise that I confirmed Yellow Pages Online advertising for our business, that an invoice for $499.99 would be forthcoming, the confirmation # is 2005175207, mentioned a cancellation # (none given), provided no return contact phone number, and left this message with one of our employees to give to me. I would not ever have authorized a service that would cost this business $499.99, especially since we have never utilized Yellow Pages or Yellow Pages Online to advertise in the past.
 17th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
This scam has been going on for years. I have a small business and when they try to do this to me I hang up. I know who my contacts are so I know these telemarketers are scammers. Most people get taken at least once for this before they figure it out. It has never happened to me and I feel blessed. They make a lot of money this way. Find out what government agency would oversee this type of transaction and file a written complaint naming names, addresses, phone numbers and how they got to you. I think I would start with their state's (not yours) attorney general's office. If they don't handle it they will probably tell you who to contact. I am so sorry this happened to you. Good Luck!
 14th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
AT&T renewed my Yellow Pages advertising contract without consent.
We have been advertising in the Yellow Pages for decades. A couple of years ago we decided to discontinue advertising. During the past year we informed every AT&T representative who called us that we were no longer interested in advertising.
Today we received a bill for $1, 140 ($95/month) which will be due in a couple of weeks. I called AT&T to inform them of the mistake. The representative “Brian” told me that when the monthly amount dips below $100, the representatives do not call anymore. Instead the old contract is renewed automatically. To cancel I would have to send a registered letter to a special address.
I explained that I knew nothing about this automatic renewal policy.
Brian then told me that as a courtesy he would cut the monthly charge to $47.50. He warned me that this would be a one-time offer.
My position is that I received a product that I did not want. I feel that I should not pay anything for it. A contract requires two informed and willing parties. I was not informed and I certainly was not willing.
 5th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes

Yellow Pages - Yellow Pages Scam
Yellow Pages
Canada

Yellow Pages is a nightmare. Over the years, our business has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars with YP 1/4 and 1/2 page ads, as well as their "online" services. What a joke. It is obviously necessary to have the best online presence these days, because that's where customers are. We have found an excellent boutique firm that does amazing design work (another thing YP could never do) as well as customized solutions and SEO that ACTUALLY generates trackable business. For less than we ever spent on YP. So, the solutions are out there, you just have to find the right people, and FORGET YP!!!
 8th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes

YellowPages.com - I haven't had a single customer via yellowpages after several month of advertising
Yellowpages.com
yellowpages.com

Useless website. I haven't had a single customer via yellowpages after several month of advertising.
 22nd of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
We sold our business and the new owners didn't want to advertise via yellowpages.com and told them they wanted to cancel the service but were told the previous owners (me and my husband) had to cancel. After several phone calls the service has still not been canceled and charges keep adding up. Yellowpages.com reps don't return phone calls and make no attempt to pull down the ad. It all seems to work for them!
 14th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
YP Advertising is honestly the worst business experience I ever had. I never complain or write reviews but they got me so upset, that I've had to. I've been with them for about 7 years. Everything was fine till I've moved to different industry and decided to close my business. I've called them to cancel explaining that I'm closing my business. First they said it will be no problem will just not renew contract. I've called them after that to make sure it's cancelled. Now they saying that they can't guarantee it will be canceled, unless I write them certified letter, then call them to make sure they got it, and MAYBE then it will be canceled. Spoke to 2 representatives they both were rude and couldn't even get their supervisors or managers to talk to me. "they all busy" That's what they said.
They are just bunch of lairs.
I've had online advertising with Yellow Pages before and I was amazed how much they lie. When I called to cancel that, customer rep said to me "are you sure you want to cancel? Looks like your add had 1400 clicks last month."
Do you really think that we, customers just plain stupid??? I use Google Analytic on my website and can track all sources of my traffic. So that month it was actually 3 (THREE), only 3 clicks!!! Well maybe he meant impressions? I asked him that and he said "no, people clicked on your add 1400 times last month."
So customers BEWARE!!! Stay away from YP if you have a chance.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree