logo

Yellowbook

Posted: 2011-05-18 by    purplebuttafly

Contract-Fraud

Yellowbook USA
I just received a letter from Rauch-Milliken Internation, Inc. demanding I settle a debt or they are going to sue me. Unfortunately this is not my debt. Over 2 years ago I worked for a company which used Yellowbook for advertising, and because I signed off an an ad they are holding me personally liable for the debt that the company has bankrupted out of. This is the craziest thing I have ever heard and I am baffled that our legal system even allows this. I was under the impression that when you work for a corporation you are protected from personal liablity. The woman at the agency stated that even if I was a dishwasher and signed the paper I would be liable. I never knew I was signing a contract or anything of the sort. This type of practice should be illegal. I was tricked into signing something that has ultimately screwed me over. I have been unemployed for almost 2 years, and I have struggled to keep my credit in good standing and pay my bills but I am afraid this is going to put me in a position that I will have to ruin my credit. It is unfair and absolutely not right.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

3 Reasons You Might Not Get a Mortgage