Yellow pages united

advertising scam

4.7
Allyson Farrell
California
I thought I was making a correction in a free listing. However I did not read the fine print and it was for a listing with Yellow pages United from Atlanta GA
I would like to cancel the order but they state I am obligated to pay. How do I complain. They misrepresent themselves. I would like to either not pay or negotiate a payment and not have the service. If I am obligated to pay for my stupidity I would like to know what I can do and not have them damage my credit or accrue additional late fees or service fees. Do you have any advice where to complain or what to do. I would appreciate your help.

A. Farrell
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2010 by    +3 Votes
We fell for this too, from Yellowpages United from Atlanta. We foolishly returned the "update your information" card also and received an invoice. I went to their website (www.yellowpagesunited.com) and canceled our account there using the invoice number and our zip code. It seemed to work and said that our balance was zero. I had to give them an email address, though (used one I don't mind getting junk in). Also, be sure to check the box saying "Do not mail" as I also got confirmation that we would be removed from their mailing list. The emails sent as confirmation were extremely unprofessional with typos. We will see if it works. We won't be paying them anyway.
 31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I feel duped, I too thought I was just updating our yellow pages information and was floored when I saw this ridiculous bill for $396.00 For a service that is free on every search engine. I find this business practice to be totally unethical and I am shocked that the BBB or some government organization has not stepped in to shut down a company who uses deception and the cover of a reputable company like the true yellow pages to market itself. I have cancelled my account like the previous post suggested and printed copies of everything that they have given me and there so-called confirmations. Hopefully this is the end of this scam, but I will not pay a cent and would rather invest my time and money and bring foward a class action lawsuit. Good Luck to you all who have had to endure this headache. melissacruz@lamichoacanapaletas.com
 17th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I received many of those "verification" requests and very nearly signed and returned one
thinking it was from Yellowbook. I called Yellow Pages United and spoke with "Jason" who was rude and kept talking over me not allowing me to complain about the mailers. When he told me that Dunn and Bradstreet were responsible to remove me from the mailing list, I raised my voice and informed "Jason" that by law, ANY company sending out solicitations has the individual reaponsibility to delete names from their list upon request or demand. "Jason" told me that he was terminating the call, but he did not AFTER I informed him that I would call the Attorney General if he did, and demanded to speak with supervisor. "kim" got on and behaved in the same rude defensive way as "Jason" but did agree to remove my company's name from the list. I told her that Jason had lied to me about not being able to delete the name from their files and that such false claims are illegal. I filed a complaint with the Atlanta BBB. By the way, a BBB rating is NOT a true indication of a company's worth; one can earn an A+ with the BBB by paying membership dues and addressing the complaints it receives. How do you resolve false advertising?
 19th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes

Yellow pages united - Scam Invoice
Yellow Page United

Yellow Pages United, PO Box 53282, Atlanta GA 30355-1282
Sending official looking invoices for publication. Uses Yellow Pages name and the walking fingers. More of an approval to be in the directory.
 19th of Apr, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Same problems as listed above - in April of 2016. They have now billed me for $712, even though I never agreed to any kind of purchase. When I called Yellow Pages United, they said they could only cancel my account if I paid. This is a complete and total scam. I originally agreed to a FREE listing, but now they insist that I signed on for a very expensive program. If you look around the web, you will see their name come up with complaints again and again. I did contact the BBB in Florida. Suggest that everyone else does the same.
 25th of Apr, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Same exact complaint. Somehow I confused them with the Yellow Pages ((Yellowpages.com) because it was spelled the same and had the YP logo.
I never signed up for an account and no mention of fees was ever mentioned. I replied and signed up for a correction in my listing. I sell Cubicle Decorations for office cubicles. Somehow they listed me as selling Party Supplies (A natural mistake for morons)

They have threatened to ding my credit. If I pay who is to say they won't bill me again. They are pirates!
 26th of Apr, 2016 by    +1 Votes
This is April 2016 and I had the same exact experience. Filed a complaint with the BBB and I guess it will be added to the 700+ that are there already, but I will most definitely not pay them a dime. I will follow other's advice and attempt to cancel the service they are providing, since it is not the Yellow Pages, I have no idea what it is. And last I will write this all over to warn other small businesses.
Silver Sky Ranch LLC
 22nd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
8/22/16: Just received the same letter this week. Obviously, this company is still sending out solicitations. However, at the bottom of the page where you sign, they do state that "THIS IS A SOLICITATION FOR THE ORDER OF GOODS OR SERVICES, OR BOTH, AND NOT A BILL...YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS ON ACCOUNT OF THIS OFFER UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THIS OFFER." ...and they go on to explain there is a $396.00 charge. The small print on back says it will automatically renew twice per year, so you will be charged twice. (It still looks like the famous YP and is certainly misleading.) Having that disclaimer at the bottom of the page, probably allows them to continue business as usual. I guess the old axiom is still true: "Assume Nothing!". I would add, "Read Everything!" Plus, we must all accept the fact that there is not now, never has been and never will be a "Free Lunch".
 22nd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Thanks to everyone who posted here. It alerted me to a problem that made me look twice and saved me from wasting much valuable time on further research. It's nice to know that We-The-People are all out here helping each other.
 29th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I've had the same exact experience. I called today to tell them I didn't agree to anything for a bill in the amount of $592. I didn't even know at the time that it wasn't the actual yellow pages. I went to the website of my business and it tells me to add information. I didn't even know this page existed. We have called before and I called again today. The woman said there was no record of prior calls. I told her I am not responsible for this balance and I haven't agreed to anything. Her response..."Okay I'll note your account that you are not responsible to pay your bills." I responded with...Do whatever you need but DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN! Talk about unprofessional! I just checked their BBB page. They have a B rating but 682 complaints in the last 3 years.
 7th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
Yes. I think "Yellowpagesunited.com" is a scam websites.

And they just random sent wrong information of you business, and make you think they are the website belong to yellowpages.

After that, they will start charge you without any notice.

They called the wrong information correction return is "Order for the services"

They jeopardize the small business community.

USA Police enforcement need take actions on them.
 13th of Sep, 2016 by    0 Votes
I got suckered in to this scam a couple of years ago and now recently. This scam was handled by the FTC in 2013. (see article) FTC Stops Online 'Yellow Pages' Scam; Canada-Based Operation Targeted Small Businesses and Churches in United States
FOR RELEASE
November 19, 2013https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2013/11/ftc-stops-online-yell... />
I don't know why but it has raised it's ugly head once again!

YellowPages Logo YellowPages