Wu Yi Tea

Terrible scam!

Ontario, California
They keep charging my card even the very day after emailing a cancel notice. Tea does not work. BBB is worthless to report to. Your Credit card company will not be able to recover your monies WuYi Source/ iw living lean charged you. Said I could return for any reason, can't find a return address or talk to a real person or cancel next delivery. So, today they sent me the next delivery, without my permission and took the money from credit card before they sent the tea. you have no way of contacting them to return the tea until they charge your card and then its too late. I am so surprised that they can get away with this for so long and so many reports of the same story goes on and on. I will continue to file complaints to as many as I can find.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful?

18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
You are complete right! I ordered this willing to give it a try and it didn't work! i went on a stick diet not eating nearly as much as I usually do! This did NOTHING! I canceled during my trial and they still billed my card an extra 40.00 dollars! Talk about mad. No you can't talk to a real person. Tell say hey if you want to return the tea that you've now paid for contact me back thru this email and I'll send you instructions! Hey, surprise no!!! respond! What a rip off! This a complete scam! Anybody who has tried it and thinks different can buy my supply at a low low cost!! All Jokes aside!

26th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
 4th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - fradulent charges
wu yi tea
do not know
Las Vegas
Phone: 1 866 449 5567

$6.95, $37.00, $54.00 and $19.95

How can I be charged with a cancellation fee when I never got hold of these people?
 4th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - unable to reach by phone to cancel future shipments, and website given for written cancellation does not exist

Company does not answer telephone to accept cancellation of future shipments, and website given for written cancellation, teahelp@usa.com does not exist. I have notified my credit card company to reject further billing.
 12th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
The biggest scam on the internet...
 14th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - Fraud fraud fraud!

Horrible scam, you are paying $30.00 for a box of $2.00 tea. They originally sent me a trial and when I canceled they charged me for the tea and another charge for LivingLean Lv which I did not sign for. Horrible. They use all of these large names and absolutely no affiliations what so ever. Research before you buy anything. I have learned my lesson!
 15th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have tried numerous times to emial, return, cancel, from the beginning, starting with the Trial Boxes. Used the Customer Service line, called the nuumbers, and nothing is being done. I have been trying to cancel since 4-8-08, and let them know that I wish to cancel and return my order, and no one has emailed me back. Instead they have charged my credit card starting 2-21--$6.95, 3-13--$29.95, 3-24--$19.95??, then 3-27--$34.90???. I have on hand only the first trial order, then 3 boxes of which are the once I have been trying to send back with no results. I have tried to call them and have not been able to get a hold of anyone. I will never, ever, ever order anything from them again. But I would love to get my money BACK FROM THEM!!!

Dieters be aware!

I completely agree, WuYI Source is a fraud. I paid $9.99 for the trial and called within the trial period to cancel further membership/shipment. I was told that my Credit Card was charged $29.95 even after cancellation because "it was clearly stated in the terms that the customer agrees to pay after cancellation". After paying $40 for the trial, which didn't even work, I thought the scam was over... until 2 months later when I saw 2 monthly charges of $19.95 from LIVING LEAN from NV. I thougth to myself, what is this about??? I called LIVING LEAN customer service and was told that cancelling WuYi does not automatically cancel monthly subscription to LIVING LEAN. I spoke with LIVING LEAN's customer service Supervisor and got a confirmation that the 2 $19.95 charges would be refunded... so we shall see.

Unless you want monthly charges from WuYi and its affiliates, think twice before you fall for the Trial version like I did.
 15th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
$19.99 dollars were taken out of my account without my authorization.
 20th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - canceling order sneaky

I have tried to cancel my order for days no one will answer the phone they sendyou to a web site the will not allow you to cancel you order. They are very sneaky about the way they so everything. the send you a second order with a follow up leter to help you stay on the diet before you have achance to cancel the order they have billed you . I am still having trouble with them.
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - need refund of $54.95debited from my account on 12.28.07. i do not have the tea, they refuse to refund my money

wu yi tea debited 2 month supply of tea from my account for a total of $54.95 on 12/28/2007, I have not received my money, 4 months later.
 22nd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I also ordered from this company...got the first "Trial" order and but did not agree to auto ship. The next month I had $19.95 charged to my account...I emailed to say that I did not request auto ship and they said I should return the order and they would cancel. I never got the order and they again charged my asccount with $19.95 this month. I emailed again and they tell me that the charges were made by an "affiliate" IW Lean Living, Las Vegas, NV and gave me a 1-800 # to call to cancel and get a refund. I have serious doubt that I will get any results from that when I do that tomorrow. I went to my bank today and they are going to investigate also.
I NEVER authorized IW Lean Living Las Vegas, NV to charge anything to my account!!!
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Talked to two people at IW Lean Living this morning. Firt one told me at first that they could not refund my money ass I authorized poayment (I DID NOT) when I threatened to report this to the DA she said she could only authorize refund of one month. Then I added that I would notify the DA, BBB & FBI for identiy theft, she put me on hold for 15 minuted waiting for a supervisor who finally agreed to refund both months. I got a confirmation # and notified my bank to be on the look out for the returned funds so we will see if they really follow through. I suspect that my threat to notify the FBI of identy theft might have been the clincher.
 25th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - fraudulent charges to credit card
Wuyi tea or living lean
11889 Glengarry Ct. Caledonia IL
Phone: 815-885-*3085

I ordered some tea from WU YI weight loss tea. That was it. After that bill was made the next month someone from living lean bills me for 19.95. I did not authorize this nor did the WUYI website mention anything about a further charge for anything.
I called my credit card company to despute and am awaiting the mail. I tried to contact living lean and was told by live chat that the charge was for a subscription to living lean that I never authorized. I told them that they had better delete and cancel the charge and that I had contacted my credity card company. I was told that I would be able to cancel, and I or course said why do I have to cancel something I never ordered and to get it taken care of! Now today I checked my credit card and they are sending yet another bill for 19.95 to my card. I called my credit card again and this time I am not disputing it, I called the fraud department.
This is as bad as the credit report scam that gave you a free credit report and then charged you 79.95 every year without telling you and could not be contacted. This kind of company can ruin good things. Get them! Prosecute! This is fraud in it's most basic form! We must be able to do business with a website that claims securtiy without having to worry that they are sharing our purchase info to others that we are not doing business with. This is an internet CRIME! A merchant CRIME! If someone did that at a local store they would be sued and destroyed! Do something about this please.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - Unauthorized payment taken out of account after canceling the order.
WuYi tea
Phone: 1888

Was charged through my bank after I had already canceled. Now my bank account is totally screwed up and have to pay several hundred in fees because of this charge messing everything up.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Wu Yi Tea - Scamming
Wuyi Tea Source
Las Vegas

This company is running a scam, very sneaky. They say the extra 19.95 charge is for the online motivational speaking. Which is mandatory, which means if you order the tea you are forced to pay for something you are not using. Allegedly this is all explained in the agreement. I looked this agreement over many times. wish I could warn others to not go with this particular company.
 29th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered the tea, never recieved it, and got charged monthly by som ething called living lean. Never could talk to anyone, all numbers for the company were disconnected. I had to cancel my checking, debit, payroll, everything and start all over! I hope someone files a classaction lawsuit. I'll make sure i'm on the list!
 29th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Wu yi Scam Do Not Order

Mar 20, 2008 I ordered trial tea for 6.95, decidecd within 3 days of receipt I didn't feel it worked at all. Called 1-800 449 5567 in Ontario Ca. to cancel order and sent email as directed. They confirmed order was canceled. Received a three month supply today April 29, 2008, after checking found my card charged 29. 95, 39.95 and 82.46 for a special offer. I never ordered this and called to speak to a Supv or Mgr. I was put off by a person who I could hardly speak english for 30 mins. Heo kept insisting he would try to "fix" the problem . I asked for the supervisor during the entire conversation. He did not hang up but finally made up two names and said they would be in, in the morning. It was 6pm PDT when I asked where the supv was he said he came in at 3pm and left at 6pmPDT . I called this morning same number and the Supervisor Rose pretended she could not find my order for about 10mins. After asking my name, etc. etc over and over.again, I told I could sit here and play this game as long as she wanted. Seconfds later she said : Yes I found it! I explained that I cancelled this order even had a cancellation nunber but she said they don't give cacellation numbers. that the tea had to be returned with in 7 days, but send it back and she would refund me. They have charged my credit card 29.95 for my trial order, 39.95 for a 3month order, and said that if I didn't return the tea they would continue to charge my card for future orders.

I sent an email to the Wu Yi souce email address www.teahelp@usa.com a Mike from the WU YI Source Support desk sent me an email and instructed me to send the tea back and he would refund the extra charges. I'm cutting my losses and canceling my card and reporting this to the TV stations maybe they can do a story and the BBB just in case somebody cares. I may just send Oprah and Rachael a note or two, although I know it's not there fault but maybe they could sue them for false advertising using their photos

Cheryl E.
Honolulu Hawaii
 30th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have tried to contact living lean by phone and the internet .. I wrote a letter to teahelp@usa.com will be suprised if i get an answer.. I think the tea is just an nother internet scam..
 30th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes