logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
digimaxpro.com
Don’t buy from them – you will get nothing
2. (15 mins ago)
FOREVER 21
Management/Human Resources
5. (25 mins ago)
tel2name.com
I checked this website – the info was fault

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

WPI iFriends Elite Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized billing!

WPI iFriends Elite Contacts & Informations

WPI iFriends Elite

Posted:    Valerie

Unauthorized billing!

WPI iFriends Elite
Phone: 800-243-9726
www.ifriends.net
I have been getting $9.95 taken out of my account for the last three to four months. At first I thought it was part of my plane tickets that I had ordered, but when I continued to get billed I found out it had nothing to do with the plan tickets. They are taking money without my permission. I never even heard of this company before. When you try to get a hold of these people, you can't. I have not been able to get in contact with anyone.

Thrw280
Perkinston, Mississippi
U.S.A.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: “we could not do anything for you" or “you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days". If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on http://www.complaintsboard.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2007 by   Chris Flores 0 Votes
i have the same thing happening to me, 9.95 out of my checking for many months. i did not know this was happening untill i was out of work for a while and i recieved a negative balance notice. i was never able to contact the company. and still.
 2nd of Jan, 2008 by   derek wagoner 0 Votes
i have also been getting charged for several months. i thought it was some website i had given info to so i cancelled and did not give much more thought to it. but i am still getting charged. this means war.... think of how many people times 10.00 a month must add up to !!!!!!!
 1st of Feb, 2008 by   ray ray 0 Votes
What is this I friend web site?????????? I just checked my account and the same thing is happing to me that everybody else is saying. How do I stop this fraudual transaction????
 2nd of Jul, 2008 by   Lisa Tucker 0 Votes
Hi everyone,
Guess what?. Whoever this company claims to be, they have been takeing 9.95 out of my bank account every month to for about 5 mos and I can't find out who they are either, no # no e-mail address nothing! What are we to do. We are being robbed every month and nobody is doing anything about it!
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   Terry 0 Votes
i agree with u but i called this #1-800-243-9726 and they canclled it for me.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   JMARTIN 0 Votes
They took unautorized money out of my account i called my bank first and made fraud report. This company is called ifriends.com They need to be shut down.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   Darren 0 Votes
I just had a dollar charged to my accoutn on Jan 23, 2009. I called they're customer service to reverse the charge and cancel my account. Before the call ended she said that it stated the charge when I signed up. YEAH RIGHT!! I read the whole page before I submitted it!! WTF!! I am also gonna file a fraud report with my credit card company!
 3rd of May, 2009 by   christine 0 Votes
I also have been charged for the past couple months. I took the advice from terry and called 1-800-243-9726 . They cancelled my account and said i would not be charged any more. I am hoping my bank will give me the money back because this is a bunch of crap! I never signed up for anything!
 9th of Nov, 2009 by   william232 0 Votes
well i am really peed off as they have had 290 out off my bank and going to sort it out once for all ! this site is just robbing people off there hard eard cash ?
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   htb 0 Votes
I just had the same problem with this company only they were billing me for much larger amount. I turned them into the BBB... lets see what happens
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   Captain_Pugwash 0 Votes
wrong, idiot. ifriends is, in many cases, charging people without authorization AFTER they have canceled their accounts. some might pretend not to know what they're buying and wrongfully dispute the charges but most have a legitimate dispute here. i mean, look at the number of complaints about this site. why are charges posting to people's accounts long after they cease using the service? in some cases, yes, they bought the $9.95 VIP membership, but that is not always the case. in some cases the charges are fraudulent. again, even if they have spent money on the site at some point, why the strange posting dates for the charges? sometimes months after they quit the site? i call bullshit.
 28th of Apr, 2010 by   amanda36c 0 Votes
Here's proof. I worked on that site for over 10 years! A sample of the billing (I was paid for, so there was no adjustments made or anything). See screenshot and pay special attention to the dates and times when the customer entered and left. These lap over, creating an overcharge. The first guy here, Virgil entered at 15:25 and at left at 15:33. At $1.99/min, this creates a charge of $8.96 ($7.96 + $1.00 for the initial mandatory minute when the billing starts). These amounts are just my half, btw. His billing is double that. That's fine. It shows him leaving at 15:33 but then the next charge shows him entering the session a minute before he left the previous one. Makes sense to you? Well, it doesn't to me. He left at 15:33, hopped into his time machine to go back one minute, only to return to my session at 15:32 and then leave at 15:39. If you do the math, he was charged a total of $16.92 when in fact, if you add up, by minutes straight from 15:35 to 15:39, you'll see he should have been charged $13.93 (or $14.93 if you add the initial mandatory minute charged). That's one extra minute billed. Do the math. Hey brownnoser, you might want to check yourself into a math course. ;)

By the way, they also downright refuse to furnish me with a report of my own revenues, at my request. How does a company like this prosper so well with traffic the way it is (according to Alexa and all other rating found internet-wide)? The eighth wonder of the world, huh?
Amanda (amanda36c, ex iFriends chathost for over a decade).

3rd of Jun, 2010 by   mchucker 0 Votes
Be careful with this site. I signed on as an affiliate and they make you register as a member to the site in order to become an affiliate. My bank account was debited for 6.99 even though i never used the regular site. They say they need your credit card for indentity purposes and to signup as a free member which i did. But they took the money out anyway and my account still said i was a free member. It's a scam most definately. You can cancel your account by logging into i-friends.com with username and password and clicking on the cancel button but make sure you click the option to cancel ENTIRE i-friends account because they have 3 different options to trick you into thinking you canceled your account when you you just cancelled one part of it

Email Phishing Scam