logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Lottery Mobile Draw UK
1,820,000 Pound win, where did they get my number? Are they legit?
2. (28 mins ago)
GE Profile
Stay away
3. (40 mins ago)
MTC Truck Driver Training
services not complete and discrimination
4. (55 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)

WowWee

Posted:    KatJ61

Faulty wire

WowWee
I have informed this company of faded receipt, And await a reply, -I collect toy robots, I bought a Robosapien V2 for about $260.00 in 2008. Took it home and installed batteries it worked fine I then returned it to it's box and sat it on my display shelves and there it sat till right after christmas this year 2010, When I decided to reinstall new batteries, And figure him all out...When I did so I found there was a problem. I thought maybe I had installed the batteries wrong.So I checked the batteries they were very hot? I Knew then there was a serious glitch, So I started looking around on line.At youtube I discovered there had been others with this same problem, a couple videos show dry rotted wire insulation throughout the inside of the toy's inner workings so I joined A site named (Robo community) here I learned there were many shipped with these bad wires and this company Knew there was a problem.They had ordered A shipment of sub-par wire at a cheaper cost and there were a whole group manufactured with these wires mine is one of them serial NO.17406ws. It is my understanding that they are aware of the bad units by tracking of these numbers, A group in the beginning were manufactured with good wire and worked fine, A group in the middle were manufactured with these faulty wires, and a group at the end were fine again...but were designed without the tracking camera feature inside the head I have contacted this company via Email and was turned away...At a cost of over $260.00 these things should work when you install the batteries, Some of the group it was my understanding that the wires were so bad they didn't even work new out of the box the wires had already crumbled and peeled while on the store shelves??? what can be done??? I do have the receipt taped to the box but it has long been faded by The sunlight in in my robot display room...I believe the company has seen this as a easy out...but the serial no. should be proof enough I would be willing to send a copy of this serial NO. this should be plausible and I await a reply...
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2010 by   DancingWithEagles 0 Votes
In my opinion wowwee is a scam criminal company that has no good intentions or accountability when they rip off their customers.

Last Sept. I received a defective rovio robotic camera and was never able to get any support. I sent the rovio robotic camera immediately with the return product label that was provided and to this day still haven't received either a refund or reply to trouble tickets, emails and phone calls I have repeatedly made in an effort to get my refund which amounted to over $300 because I ordered an extra sensor/light signal transmitter. The odd time I actually received a reply I was asked for the product number as well as the UPS return number. I promptly replied with that information but still after 5 months have not received a refund.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Stuart Hostetter 0 Votes
There is no question that WoWWee is a company that is defrauding its customers. I bought a Robopanda and when I tried to replace defective story cards they took my money and haven't sent the replacement cards, returned emails or numerous voice messages.

Beware of this company.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Stuart Hostetter +1 Votes
Wowee is a company that is on the skids and is trying to avoid its responsibility to its customers.

Is The Oklahoma Tax Commission Shortchanging Some Cities?

Latest Groups