logo

Posted:    irishporto

Overdraft Protection

Well Fargo
Pennsylvania
I was a Wachovia customer, happy enough truthfully no complaints. I have an overdraft protection on my checking account, this way if I overdraw the overdraft protection kicks in. For many many years I have had this, if I knew I was running into issues, I would transfer money from my overdraft protection to cover checks, usually would only need it for a few days and then I would transfer it back and pay the overdraft account back. The fee for this was $10.00, if I did not pay back within a few days I would be charged similar to a credit card a percentage rate per day, so it made sense to me to pay it back within a few days. Now that Wachovia is now Wells Fargo I continued to work with my bank account in the same manner, I would transfer money when I thought there would be an issue and transfer it back within days. Wells Fargo all of a sudden now considers this a cash advance with a $250.00 fee to do so. When I called to complain I was told I was informed of this and nothing can or would be done. I had the money overdraft protection money for two days and then it was paid back, they didn't care and when I told them I would move to another bank they didn't care about this either. Once I use up my checks that I just paid for I will definitely move to another bank, who wants to do business with thieves!!!
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto 0 Votes
Some times life is just not that easy...don't be so naive.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto 0 Votes
How I manage my account is my business, what I wanted all to know was the recent change that Wells Fargo implemented so that others don't fall into this scam. Not a lecture on managing my finances. So try really hard to understand why people post, its to help others not fall for the same pitfalls, no one asked you for your opinion on how accounts are managed. Go get a life!
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto 0 Votes
Wells Fargo did not inform their customers of this change by law they are required. Yet again you are missing the point of the post. If you stop worrying about others finances you will be able to see the point of the post clearly. I didn't ask for anyone's opinion just a post to inform, and what better way to INFORM than on a public site. Please note that others don't care about how I manage my accounts just YOU...Hmmmmm maybe they have a LIFE
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto +1 Votes
Yes...No mention of the above stated, infact I have it here in front of me right now its ten pages long and I had the fun of reading that. Thats the point of the post@! THEY DID NOT INFORM CUSTOMERS OF THIS CHANGE! DON'T YOU THINK I INVESTIGATED THIS BEFORE I CALLED THEM!
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto -1 Votes
Yet again NO LIFE! you are truly sad. Why would I post incorrect info, for what reason, and who has time? I wonder if its your job at Wells Fargo to comment on customers posts to stop the hundreds of posts hundreds of customers are posting???Hmmmm psguy58 your comments are a little suspect.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto -2 Votes
Hey Brenda when I see idiots like psguy58 WHAT CAN YOU DO!
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   irishporto -3 Votes
Respect is not what I have received from psu, I guess this is what I get for trying to help and inform, next time I won't bother.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   hurt on job 0 Votes
if you have a bbt bank bye you you will have no problem
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   duh-do 0 Votes
First of all, all banks are a bunch of money grubbing thieves. The government bailed these jerk offs out and now they won't lend money to anyone. Not to mention they seem to have plenty of money for big remodels and such. Anyone who takes the banks side is a complete retard in need of a overhaul to the brain.
 3rd of Apr, 2011 by   ImJustIce@live.com -1 Votes
Wells Fargo has f**ed up policies period! They are money grubbing, greedy vultures who feed off of the naivety of others in hopes of not getting caught. Wachovia wasn't perfect but they understood customer service. This whole bank transfer and bill pay scam is proof positive of this. Now you have to have money in your account 3-4 days BEFORE the bill is due, so if you had your bills set to pay the day of your payday or a day afterward, they are going to pull this money from your savings account for EACH TRANSFER. Which means, electric ($10), gas ($10), phone ($10), insurance ($10), mortgage ($10) etc... could end up costing you quite a bit of dough, and they think this is somehow okay... I think I should burn their f*cking building down too, but that doesn't mean it's okay... right?
 24th of May, 2011 by   iLiveInLaLaLand -2 Votes
Don't listen to the other ignorant twits lol. I know EXACTLY what you mean. The bank was good when it was Wachovia and now its just crap. That's why I'm closing my account today.
 24th of May, 2011 by   iLiveInLaLaLand -2 Votes
Well if you read my complaint you will see why I am so angry. I don't feel like typing it here. I'm about to post another complaint with some info I learned yesterday when I talked to the manager.
 20th of Nov, 2011 by   Kathy Diamond -1 Votes
I think the Government should investigate the business practice of Wells Fargo. They are liers, thieves and their auto loan department is filled with young punks who enjoy being bullies. They have caused a disasterious situation in my home & now trying to rtepo my car. I originally secured my auto loan with Wachovia and do not believe I must abide with a bunch of new rules that I never received any information for. They say they sent me notification that if I didn't catch up on my auto payments they would take my car. I never received any notification, they are liers. Someone should take charge of this awful situation that so many people are expierencing. Maybe we should start OWF " Occupy Wells Fargo"
 20th of Nov, 2011 by   Kathy Diamond -1 Votes
Where is our protection from these animals??
 20th of Nov, 2011 by   Anti-Alien-Death-Squad 0 Votes
Pay your bills, and you can occupy your own life. Looks to me like you should be more worried about who will protect you from yourself.
 20th of Nov, 2011 by   iLiveInLaLaLand -2 Votes
What does paying bills have to do with anything? There were transactions deep within the system that I never made. So what does that say about the company? Thieves.
 25th of Nov, 2011 by   Anti-Alien-Death-Squad 0 Votes
You're too lazy to repeat your complaint? Then it isn't important enough for me to click around for. Go back to your complaint and wait for someone to comment there

Avoid iTunes Gift Card Scams Identity Theft