logo

UKMail
Shocking Behaviour
3. (4 mins ago)
Interactive Option
The rep started to charge me for nothing
4. (7 mins ago)
Merlin Money
Refund
5. (18 mins ago)
Loancare Servicing Center Inc.
Awful Company!!!!

Posted:    Valerie

Internet scam

Web.com
web.com
I received an email from WEB.COM announcing a raise in monthly subscription rates. On Thursday, October 9th 12:00pm, I placed a call to web.com's cancellation line in order to cancel my service. I waited on hold for approximately 35 minutes and had to hang up (unserved) because my lunch break had ended. Saturday, October 11th, I placed another call around 3:30pm and waited on hold another 30 minutes. Frustrated, I hung up and dialed their technical support number. A human being picked up almost immediately and proceeded to take my information and transferred me to customer service. It is now 5:25pm and I have been on hold for 1 hour and 35 minutes.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Nov, 2009 by   johnndaniels 0 Votes
Well check this out. You sign up for a domain name, right? Then, 45 days before a year is up, they sneak a little email in to your inbox entitled "support" saying your account will renew if you don't take action. When you don't, you're in for another year. Oh, and they doubled the amount i was paying the year before. When you call, of course they say that was part of your agreement, and you opted in to it. But really, it's the default setting, and you have to affirmatively change it to avoid auto-renewal. There was no opting of any kind. Bad business.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   Arthurg 0 Votes
I received a call from a rep. of Web.com who told me that he noticed that I was a member of Merchant Circle and that they service Merchant Circle and that their service works and that they had something going between them and Google and that my business will go up. He knew how to sell the service, So I gave my cc info. Then I decided to call back and cancel. I spoke to a lady who was at the top of nice to manipulate me. But then she agreed to give me a one month free trial. Absolutely nothing happened. They had me make many changes to my website that I found out Google gives you the same information for free. So I didn't ask to subscribe and no one called to ask if I was satisfied and if I wanted to go ahead and subscribe. Then recently I noticed 2 charges on my statement for 71.95 each. I called to the same lady who claimed that she told me about it at the beginning. I asked for a refund but was denied. I called my Master Card agent who told me that once you give your cc info and took the free trial according to the rules they go by, they can't reverse the charges. So it's a legal technicality that protects them. The bottom line is don't subscribe to their service. "It does not work" I got nothing from it and my Google rank went down, maybe because of them resubmitting to Google.
 10th of Jan, 2010 by   Dawn Rhodes 0 Votes
Please, please, please . . . do not subscribe to this site. I chose a domain name and could not access my new site, I submitted a password, but could not access my new site. There is no customer service (unless you pay for it, ) so I could get no answer or help. I had to cancel my credit card to get them not to charge me. I was fooled into thinking this was a reputable software/internet site because the words "Google" and "Microsoft" were on the packaging.
 9th of Feb, 2010 by   Inf3rnal +1 Votes
Yeah they are a total fraud. They tried to sell me the same Google trick but I didn't fall for it.

I'm a web designer and it's called SEO. If you guys want to get your google rank up.

Use google at search SEO techniques for Web Design. There is a million of them out there and they are free.

If you want to see your ranking and page views use:

Google Analytics (http://www.google.com/analytics/)
Google Urchin (http://www.google.com/urchin/)

Also if you want awesome hosting for your website please use:
Hostmonster (http://www.hostmonster.com/)
Hostgator (http://www.hostgator.com/)

Also domain can be purchased through your hosting or at Godaddy.

Don't let those scammers get you.
 26th of Feb, 2010 by   JoeH52 0 Votes
Web.com is a scam. Stay as far away from them as possible. I paid $71 for them to help me increase traffic to my web site and, as a results, I received three e-mails ans spent 10 minutes talking to a girl at their offices. So, I blew the money. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
 7th of Jun, 2010 by   Just a struggling single mom 0 Votes
I tried it and couldn't get into my account either! No answer when I asked via their email contact. I'm SO glad I didn't give them any money or card info!!!
 29th of Jul, 2010 by   Positivethinker80 -1 Votes
I have had web.com for over a year and have just recently started a new account with them, I think the complaints above are in regards to hosting accounts, I dont' understand how anyone can say web.com is a "scam".. They have been around for over 10 years and have over 250k customers, just look at their web.com corp site!! I always talk to a live person, they give me 30 days to get ANY changes done on site are always friendly and knowledgeable about tips to improve website traffic and conversion, I am a small business I don't' have time to submit myself to the search engines and do marketing, hence why I hired someone. Please!! If you are here because your are considering web.com, Please stop listening to the negativity and focus on the positive parts, there are only negative complaints on this site, Go and try it for yourself, they don't even lock you in a contract and they focus on only small businesses like mine to help with pricing so I can succeed and make the websites pay for themselves.. Wow. I should apply there!!
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   Inf3rnal +2 Votes
I disagree Positivethinker80.

I can plainly tell you are speaking here on behalf of web.com. I know how the marketing world works and if you ask anyone in the web design, hosting, developing, and community they will tell you that web.com is the biggest ripoff that you will ever see.

If you guys want a legit company that will do everything you need and no scams involved use:

They are setting the standards for SEO.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   scamedbyweb.com 0 Votes
I feel like a number here. I got an offer from them stating Legal zoom was offering a free 30 day trial. They promised a notice to tell me when the 30 days was up. It never came and I was billed 94.95. I will be contacting the BBB immediately but it won't matter because the website was never what we were looking for - we had a site - I just fell for the SCAM. Shame on me for a bad business decision but I will tell everyone I know about how this compay treated me and to NEVER use them. So what's the point - all the bad press and you could have just refunded the money.
 5th of Nov, 2010 by   scam web.com 0 Votes
Web.com is a complete scam and rip off. I own my own web development firm and recently had to deal with these web.com people and the customer service lady herself, the manager, more or less agreed with me that the company is a complete fraud. They purchase the domain names for their clients, then if the client ever wants to move or have a website somewhere else they want to sell the domain back to the client for $99. Absolutely ridiculous, the client should own the domain not web.com
 10th of Nov, 2010 by   So sick of being ripped off +1 Votes
I payed the 76.95 fee and waited and received nothing for it, or so I felt. So when the following month roled around I called and told them that I wish to cancel, that I didn't feel that I was getting my moneys worth from them. They gave advise on title - discription - metatags ect. hmm I was all ready at 100% for them by google. Also told them I had no idea as to what they were doing for me, I never recieved any reports or anything. I received an email listing a few dozen places they submit my site to. As I was going through to submit my index to them instead, one site was no longer around, another site got stopped by spybot as saying there was malware on it. Another site address didn't even exst (I gave up their list after the first half dozen).

The posting of my banner 1000 times, netted me not one click, so much for increasing my traffic. I was never told where that banner was shown, or if in fact it was shown.

I did agree to continue with them for 2 more months at half price to "see" if any improvements happen. But as I thought about it, I wanted to see what others were saying and found this board.
 26th of Mar, 2011 by   RObERt b16 0 Votes
Honestly i don't work for web.com but to me you all sound like a bunch of people who go out to restaurants and ask for your money back after you ate the whole meal when people sign up for a service and think it's going to "self terminate" you guys are stupid no company that provides a service like that is "self terminating" NONE not web.com not RHsPSODY not ebridge NONE ! You sighned up of course YOU need to CANCEL!!! Ten you go online and destroy this companies reputation and toy with peoples lively hoods and probably treat the customer service reps like trash you are all trash and morons for assuming that anything you put on a card would self terminate does your gym membership self terminate ? No but do you cry about. That?
 6th of Apr, 2011 by   coloradoskieer -1 Votes
this company is a scam. They made many promises about how nice the site will be and how much additional traffic I will see. When I checked to see what kind of website they developed, a child could do better. It took two weeks and a dozen phone calls to get the acct. canceled. Funny how it didn't even take one phone call to join.
To the person who says this is sour grapes or that I am playing with people's livelyhoods needs to wake up. Companies like this should go out of business. If I was treated professionally and allowed to cancel as easy as it was to sign up then I would not be complaining
 9th of Apr, 2011 by   shakingmyheadoverthis 0 Votes
They called several times without leaving msgs. Finally when I answered the sales guy said I had "contacted them for information" (I have not.) I told him I was on the National Do Not Call List, and to pls respect that. He agrued with me saying "There is no National Do Not call list for Businesses". Difficult to get off the phone, and intrusive.
Bad business.
 30th of May, 2011 by   Rubiee101 +1 Votes
What if you just use the free version, and don't put in any credit card details?
..Simpler..
 30th of Mar, 2012 by   rob 1960 0 Votes
Webs.com! What can I say? They are the most unreliable, negligent, amateur, unprofessional, company I have ever come across. I am embarrassed to say I ever had anything to do with them. For three years I was one of their clients and in this last year they have put me through hell! I have designed over 40 websites with different companies and webs.com has become the bench mark for horrible and unprofessional business practices. Their support team is operated by amateurs with no experience and ignorance for customer satisfaction. Their billing department is horrendous and withdraws fund from credit cards their not entitled to. Then their billing department sends out an error message to the fraud department and locks your account for 72hrs not allowing you to even upgrade your site even with a different credit card. Good luck getting a refund for though funds, you will be lucky if they even return your email. Webs.com business practices boarders on criminal intent and should be looked into by the criminal justice system. After doing a webs.com review search I was horrified to see all the unsatisfied customers complaining about the same issues I had.
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   Lambot +1 Votes
This company is very dishonest, underhanded and unreliable.
The site that they offer is of little or no use. It is just a shell. In order to get a real functional site, you wil have to spend much, much more. When I discovered what was really happening, I tried calling them to cancel my hosting. The operator switched me to someone whom she said will help me.I waited about 30 minutes before someone came on line. I requested cancellation; they then switched me to another person who came on line about 20 minutes later. I was again switched to another person. However, after waiting another 30 minutes, I decided to hang up and try sending an email. I received acknowledgement of receipt of the emai and a promise that someone will get back to me. I waited about one week and got no response. I knew then that they had no intention of cancelling my hosting. I logged in to my account and changed my payment option to an account that could not be accessed by them. Would you believe that every month for four months they sent me a bill and requested payment option update? I have not received one for this month as yet. I cancelled/closed the website five months ago. The template is empty; yet??
Don't waste time and money !
 7th of Aug, 2012 by   EducatorCA +1 Votes
Thanks to everybody for opening my eyes on Webs.com! They sound as bad as 1and1.com.
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   gentlekath +1 Votes
HUGE SCAM...they take your money before you tell them you can, they wont give it back! I tell them to look at their notes because I have called and spooke to reps, they said there are no note and that I can not talk to to claims dispute people, nobody ever talks to the claims dispute people. WHAT A RIP OFF! They completely ruined my whole life. Took out money I had planned for other IMPORTANT things, like food and car insurance.
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   gentlekath 0 Votes
If they do not rectify this within the next day...you bet I am going to plaster it on my facebook with 548 friends, every board I can come across and tell every person I meet. I now have to go to my bank, change my checking account info. and debit card. and I will hire my son who is an attorney. This type of thing is not acceptible. I have no problem paying when I have the right service delievered, I am not cheap. They service the probide flat out sucks and once they have your debit number will take money out with no consciousness. I am going to report them to the BBB.

Perfect Food Company Scams!

Latest Groups