logo

Nokia Uk Mobile Promo
Fake lottery
2. (39 mins ago)
Debonair Dogos
Debonair Dogos PUPPY MILL ALERT! Debonair Dogos debonairdogos.tripod.com , www.dogo.net , debonairdogo.tripod.com www.debonairdogoargentinos.com
3. (39 mins ago)
Makeover Essentials
scam, corrupt
4. (50 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
Do not purchase from these guys
5. (1 hr 27 mins ago)
Keranique
Rude customer representive

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

webbank/bml, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - inquiry on my credit report /negative to me

webbank/bml Contacts & Informations

webbank/bml

Posted: 2011-11-19 by    appleannie234

inquiry on my credit report /negative to me

webbank/bml
Maryland
This company checked out my credit on 7/2/11 This shows on my credit report.
They had no right checking my credit and I want to know who I can report this to.
This is a negative on my credit report.
I never applied for anything that would give them the right to check me out.
The phone number provided is no longer in service.
These people need to be investigated for fraudulent activities.
I plan to take this as far as necessary and will find out who is snooping into my personal credit history.
Comments United States Credit Report Websites
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2011 by   Simon Niekerk 0 Votes
This company checked out my credit on 12/02/11 This shows on my credit report.
This is a negative on my credit report.
I never applied for anything that would give them the right to check me...
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   rudeboi131 0 Votes
the company that is pulling your credit information is paypal or billme later. I have the samething on my credit report. So if you did any online purchase via anysite using billmelater, they have pulled your credit report. My best advice to you is do some research first to make sure that you have all your ducks in a row.
 3rd of Feb, 2012 by   Eric54 0 Votes
Have used BillMe Later many times in the past and never had an inquiry show up. But I used them just the other day to order an oven part on-line and bingo they do now. Must be from the PayPal thing it is now involved with. Had no idea who or what WEBBANK/BML was when I got the alert, makes sense now ( /BML)= Bill Me Later
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   nlmnn04 0 Votes
I have not purchased anything recently using PaPal or BML, but on 2/4/12 I have a posting where they ran a check on my credit report. I agree...that's a negative on my account!!!
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   d1dj4u 0 Votes
west bank/bml gave me bad credit report and says I owe them money and I did not for fill my payment obligation. I have not made any purchase at all. Pay Pal did tell me about Bill me later program and said that they would send me some more information though email. When I ask them what is it about. They told me that certain company's will except BML when you purchase something through pay pal. I never received any email on this because I was not interest in it. I was only curious because I have a netflix account and I know that they do not except it. Who ever this company is. They are checking my credit report and also charging for it with out authorization from me. Some how they got my information from pay pal. I am very upset. I have been trying to straighten my credit report because I was a victim of Identity theft and I do pay a company for this through my bank. They are the ones who sent me the alert that West Bank/Bml reported me as not paying them money. This is a scam and I can not believe that no one has close this company down from what I read in complaints. I also received a notice that some one did a back ground check on me through public records. I think that is how this company was able to obtain information on me. They got my driver licence number, my social security card, My address and home phone and all public records on me. This company is stealing Identity's and writing up charges and accounts that do not exist in your name. What got me thinking is how did they know that I ask question about it to pay pal. There is a leak at pay pal I think too.
 1st of Mar, 2012 by   dfly3770 +1 Votes
d1dj4u, I got a bill me later statement this month for purchases made back in december 2011. I called the company to see what the heck was going on because though I have a pay pal account, i have never signed up for bill me later. They verified my name, social security number, home address but had my old home phone and the email on file was not mine. Additionally, I did not recognize the tag name of the purchaser (arthur, hopkins6868). They concluded that the account was opened frauduently and referred it to that dept. I put a fraud alert on my credit report and wheni pulled a copy of my experian report, I saw an inquiry on the exact day of the bill me later purchase from WEBBANK/BML. I googled the name and up popped bill me later. And it also brought me to this blog. I'm going to contact my local action team with our local team. They investigate things like this. Thanks for posting your info. You helped me realize how serious this really is.
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   yankeegirlvt +1 Votes
I have the same problem. Today I got my credit report and it's still being reported and have found no way to contact this company to have it removed. I sent a dispute today and I hope it is removed from my credit report :(
 21st of Mar, 2012 by   dfly3770 +1 Votes
The charge and the amount have not shown up on my credit report, only the initial inquiry by WEBBANK/BML. to my credit report is showing up(I have determined that these are the folks associated with Bill Me Later) or BML for short). The amount charge, I filed a fraudulent account with BML and am awaiting the results. They have assured me I will not be responsible for the $120 that was billed to the account. I'll keep you posted. The contact info for BML is 1-866-528-3733.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   MADATBANKS +2 Votes
PIECE OF SH*T COMPANY, YOU F*CKERS ARE RUINING MY CREDIT AND I NEVER USE PAYPAL YOU STUPID MF'S!!! IM REPORTING YOU TO THE FBI ONLINE COMPLAINT. YOU SOB MESS WITH THE WRONG PERSON.
 29th of Mar, 2012 by   Scooter_Chick +1 Votes
I just put a lock on my credit because I thought someone had stolen my identity. I received a bill from Bill Me later for $250 from Walmart.com. I never shopped there. Aftr seeing thses postes, I wonder if Bill Me Later is up to fraudulent stuff. Something isn't sitting right with me.
 8th of Apr, 2012 by   An_LA 0 Votes
please helpppp what i have to do?i have same problem . can we report FBI for this? if yes how can we?
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   FUCKYOU PAL WHAT EVER 0 Votes
I DONT KNOW THITS NOT GOOD AT ALL WITH THIS MF'S, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY GET MY INFO, , I WILL CALL EVERY ONE TOMORROW TO SEE WHTS THE END OF THIS STORY WITH THIS MF'S .
 24th of Apr, 2012 by   conchambassador 0 Votes
This company checked my credit without my consent. Does anyone know how to get this inquiry off my credit report?
 10th of Aug, 2012 by   fed down 0 Votes
I just discovered that I too have had my credit reports dinged ( twice) with inquiries from BML. I have never even tried to use the account. I went to their website to complain and immediately close that useless paypal "service" only to find that, although its 'oh so easy' to open an account online, it is IMPOSSIBLE to close it online!

In order to close it you MUST call and speak to a "representative". In other-words, I should prepare to hear some pointless reasons as to why I should "think twice" before dumping this scam of a "service". At this point I think I'll probably dump my PayPal account too.

I've heard closing an account can sometimes be a negative on a credit report, as ridiculous as that sounds. At least closing can only ding me once, whereas leaving it open means they will continue to ding me every year with their pointless annual "Inquiry".
 2nd of Sep, 2012 by   baffeledin FL 0 Votes
I got a notification from my credit monitoring company showing an inquiry from webbank/bml. I did buy something through paypal bill me later, but it was a small purchase and I was never checked before when i used them, I have used them several times in the past. I called the number to find out what this inquiry is and the phone number is disconnected. Why would a legitimate company not have a working number listed in a inquiry that just happened 3 days ago, And why is the name of the company not something that a customer can recognize?
 12th of Jan, 2013 by   MECamden 0 Votes
Webbank/bml did a credit check on me as well. It turns out someone fraudulently opened a BillMeLater account and bought a cell phone in my name...if they can check your credit, they have your social security number. File an identity theft complaint with the FTC, and your local police, but an credit alert in your name on the credit reporting agencies. Be sure to call BillMelater and have them close the account and file a disputed charge claim, they will investigate, or so they told me...

Jury Duty Scam