bad customer service

1602 South Delaware Ave
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone: (215) 755-5858
I use to love going to wawa to get my sandwhiches until the night on christmas, Dec. 25th, 2010. I order two sandwhiches and my ticket # was 64, paid the cashier and waited at the sandwhich counter for my food. There was a man working their alone making sandwhiches and did not put the ones he finished making on the counter where people can pick it up. Not until an old lady came in from her break and picked up a few sandwhiches (5-6 sandwhiches and put them on the counter) calling out the order numbers. There were a lot of people waiting and had order hot sandwhiches, a customer looked at me with a confused and fustrated look on her face. she asked me why wouldn't he called out the order number when he's done making them, instead let the hot sandwhiches get cold. I just gave her a confused look myself because I didn't understand why there were order numbers higher than my order (#64) that were made and I didn't get my order. I strongely doubt a big franchise like wawa would invest in a system that would just post random order #s and not in a chronological order in the system. I was fed up, asked the lady why my sandwhiches wasn't made and there were orders like #68, 70, 71, 72 were already made. She said, she's just following the system, a lot of customer was complaining all night because of this mixed up. Yet she still continued to called out numbers that were obviously orders that were made after me. I was really fustrated at this point, she just brush me off and did not bother to have any common sense that I was waiting for a long time and she clearly state that there were something wrong with the system but yet didn't bother to tell me when my order was next . I told the manager that I wanted my money back and that it doesn't make any sense that I've made my order which state on the receipt order #64, and orders beyond that number were made. I would never go to this wawa location ever again, nor would I drive anyone who wants a coffee or anything else there. The service is rediculous, their employess have no common sense!
Complaint comments Comments (16) Complaint country United States Complaint category Employees

31st of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
psugy58: This is more than just about a sandwhich, but of course if your order number was...let's say #1 and when they call out order #2, #3, #4, wouldn't you be furios too. Afterall the computer only organizes, then say when and how the employee how to make them and if they tell you that, you sound like you would just suck it up and wait. Get a back bone.
 31st of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
you totally missed the point. It's not about the "sandwhich."
 31st of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I'm sure u did
 18th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
dear wawa i have been going to wawa store for the last 15 years at 5; am in brigantine nj store on 9 street 08203, im not looking for anything free as far as the people that work there at 5;am are great to me and help me becouse i have a bad leg and thank you for that and God bless them, but what i want you to know that the 9;am people there took 20 dollars from me and did not return it and its not your doing and i know that its just a few bad apples but i hope these people are found that steal from good people, thank you and may GOD bless you.
 18th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
I disagree with this. First we have to look at the fact that it was Christmas, not a lot of people were working. It is possible that the person behind the deli counter had probably 17 orders or more to make by himself, let's give him credit it's not easy to work behind the deli trsut me. Also another thing to look at is wawa associates won't place orders made on the counter to be pick up since it could possibly be mistakenly pick up by someone, specially since there are so many, or it can be stolen, let's be real. Now your number was probably called and you never heard it, it looks like it was busy since there were 6 or 7 orders just sitting there waiting to be picked up. You can't blame this man because you happen to be walking down the aisles clueless on what you were getting and missed when your number was called. Another thing is you could have approach the counter and ask him "has (#64) been done?" did you ask??? NOOOO you just stood there clueless. We have to give credit to these poor Wawa people they are faithful to their customers and are open on Christmas, Thanksgiving, New years eve and all the holidays that we normally spend with our families. So let's keep in mind that if we go to a wawa on christmas to get something to eat, remember that associate has been stuck there for 8 hours or more and missed their kids opening presents, or the family gathering just to serve you! so be grateful and stop complaining...
 18th of Jun, 2011 by    +3 Votes
I know this is about the Customer Service and not the sandwich order system but I thought I'd provide some insight on a few things.
#1-As soon as you touch the screen you are assigned a number (let's say number 64). And then 5 other people come after you and touch their screen and become numbers 65, 66, 67, 68 and 69. If #68 only wants a cup a soup and it takes him 30 seconds to order and you want 5 things and it takes you 5 minutes to order his number appears on the deli screen first. That is why you may sometimes have to wait and numbers higher than your appear first. The screens the associates see only hold 2 orders at a time so when people linger over what they want (which is fine) their earlier number is in back of people who came in and knew exactly what they wanted and finished their order quickly.
#2- It is a computer system and as anyone who uses computers know- glitches happen. Sometimes it shuts down and restarts and during that restart assigns random numbers not in chronological order. A more experienced deli associate could have probably explained that to the customer's and worked with that glitch but we're all human and make mistakes and in the spirit of Christmas I hope you forgave them that experience.
 11th of Feb, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Actually, the numbers do not go in order. The numbers are just used so we don't have to call out "turkey classic". If one person was working, they're bound to get backed up, especially if people are making multiple sandwiches. And yes, computers do get glitches and I've had orders not come through my screen, especially when the system randomly restarts. We aren't allowed to put sandwiches on the counter because people steal them. So don't be mad at the associate, be mad at the marketing team that designed the system. If you continue to have problems PLEASE call the marketing team and complain to them because apparently us associates have no say whatsoever.
 1st of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
I know this is 2 years old... BUT ive come to realize something with the numbers. If you start ordering your sandwhich BEFORE someone else starts ordering their sandwich, your number will be lower even if the other person finishes ordering first, so their number will be 2 and youll be 1, but theres will go to the screen first if they finish before you. I noticed that when someone was ordering and i hopped on the screen next to him and tried to place my sandwhich order extremely quickly to get a better number, the person was slow and i beat him to the punch. When he finished I looked at his screen where it says your number and his was still lower than mine even though I finished way before him, because he started ordering before me. Mine was still made first because it was on the screen, yet my number was higher.
 6th of Aug, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I use to work at Wawa in VA and sometimes if there is more than one person placing an order the person who finishes first usually gets the order first, sometimes they wouldn't come up in numerical order but the fact of the matter is if someone was on their break and it gets busy the other person is suppose to call them out for help because you don't clock in or out for your breaks. He could have easily just called the lady out for her assistance and she could have went back to her break once all of the customers were taken care of. Also, you are suppose to call the number out for and order and only give the sandwich to the customer upon recieving their marked ticket showing that they paid for it, you are not suppose to just lay the orders on the counter for just any body to pick up and not knowing if it is paid for. For those of you who said to suck it up well, your wrong for saying that. That woman had every right to be upset because the employees did not do their job like they were suppose to and neither did the manager because he or she is suppose to be watching and making sure things are going smoothly especially on a holiday.
 6th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
i went to wawa, expecting to not have to rearrange my life to keep wawa happy, but thats what happened. i only had a hundred dollar bill that i got for my birthday and i needed to get gas, but i figured that gas attendants could not change back a hundred for $20 worth of gas, so i went inside. i am a cashier/customer service at a supermarket and if i ever would have done what this cashier did i probably would have been suspended. i bring my coffee up and bagel order up to the cashier, the total came out to 2.99. i hand her the $100 bill and she looks at me and asked me if i had anything else, because "thats a big bill for a little order, " i tell her no, this is all i have and i need the change to get gas. she then tells me to go get gas and then pay for it inside because she doesnt have enough change. really? because the guy in front of me gave you $40 dollars in twenties, the guys before him gave you a twenty, and im pretty sure you have enough change. and even if this were true, you can call a manager to change the bill? i understand you arent allowed to have these bills but your only alternative was to have me rearrange everything because you dont feel like giving back a lot of change? thats absolutely ridiculous. so i went out to get gas and the gas attendant the tells me HE HAS CHANGE FOR A HUNDRED! THAT MAKES SENSE ALL THE CHANGE IS OUTSIDE! GOOD THINKING. i will avoid the maylandings wawa as much as i can. that is poor customer service and i would know because I WORK AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT A SUPERMARKET!
 21st of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
Do you people having NOTHING better to do than complain? Seriously get a life
 7th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes

Wawa Inc. - empty selves
wawa inc.
bristol road

this store is always out of milk, coffee have grinds in it when there is a coffee made, there ia person to make coffee but for some reason they wait till the pot runs out before making another pot. i bin shopping here for years but that is gona change.
 9th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have worked in customer service for a very long time...I'm 53 and what I saw at WaWa Westchester Commons Midlothian, Virginia and trust me I did see quite a few flaws on how they handled their business...I went for a job interview and Johnny manager was very unprofessional and rude stating to me I guess you didn't get the message...I had just come off of a caregiving job I went straight to the interview I did not receive the message because was on the landline phone at home...the girl I talked to said they could not give out information on other employees which was a lie when the manager would be there...well long story short I called back to talk with Johnny and he said that the position had been filled he never let me know...it was that don't call me I'll call you type of scenario...and when Johnny actually he had answered the phone told me the position has been filled I said I figured as much
 27th of Jul, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I currently work at wawa in nj for almost 5 yrs now.I worked the overnight shift from 9p to 6a on register up till i gave birth to my 2nd child 3 months ago and now work 2nd shift 4p to 11 in the deli and let me tell u, what a transition!!.Overnight shift entailed constant cleaning, stocking in between register and deli and overall was generally not busy customer wise and only needed 2 employees 1 for deli 1 for the register .2nd shift on the other hand is the total opposite.Some days are busier than others but ALWAYS busy.4 people are usually scheduled and still get swamped especially in the summer during Hoagiefest having 8 sandwiches up at a time with only one person in the deli(me) with backup person for help .If someone orders 3 classic hoagies and the person after them gets a soup..i will get the soup first because it takes 30 seconds and not necessary to make them wait when it doesn't even take long to do that as opposed to making 3 sandwiches .I make sure to apologize to customers if they do wait but im usually pretty quick and get compliments on that.I also make COUNTLESS smoothies and expressos and not to mention we have to make sure that coffee is constantly fresh always filled rolls always baked always fresh and making sure everything is coded and in the steam table available for customers.And countless dishes...Now I am definitely not complaining I love every bit of my job every second of it.But while reading these complaints.It boggles me that the main complaints are for associates or manager being nasty. don't get me wrong I have been a culprit of having an attitude at times but I always apologize for it in the end because at the end of the day we are all about customer service and I would have been fired if I talked to my customers the way that some associates handle situations. but on the other hand customers have to understand that there's a lot more to Wawa then just making sandwiches and running the register and sometimes you have to wait and sometimes things happen mistakenly.. I've learned myself just by working at Wawa that you have to be patient and keep calm..keep smiling...thanks for reading!
 27th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
On the morning of Christmas early, @7 I went to grab three premade breakfast bagels all sausage egg cheese off a filled register side rack of about 15 plus various other kinds of breakfast sandwiches croissants etc. I get home where I live down the street and open two of the sandwiches and there is clearly body or in my opinion pubic hair as a topping .mind you I frequent wawa at an embarrassing rate I love Gatorade and my fiance the freestyle.machines .in any case I furiously went right back out the door assuming such an affront to the customer on a holiday which I am supposed to be enjoying eating overpriced garbage, would be enough for any solid manager to apologize at least three times and not just reimbursement but give extra if possible, well she came out and I even politely said to the.manager can we speak as to be a bit private, I showed her she said she was sorry offered me only money back for one and offered me another sandwich handing me three dollars and not even reiterated that under her watch her employees who must be miserable took it out on a lifelong customer but i am also a first class trained closely and intensely by the best or one of the largest pharmaceutical corporations customer service myself so I know certain procedure and or alerting language to get what an irate consumer deserves which she began to be ignorant to at the point she only gave the money back for one as I told her I bought three and had the short sighted mind numbing stupidity to offer me exactly the same thing most likely made by the same disgruntled pubs pulling pervert but even further left the rack as is and I know for sure cause I went to retrieve the other two sandwiches with short curls on them as well and this time
She only reimbursed the cost.of the tainted food and the rack was not thrown away at the second visit I noticed I even apologized that I know she don't want the hassle but it's disgusting and it's a holiday where my baby boys are waiting for breakfast and could have given me and or my family a disease with their despicable cowardly revenge for having a decent job .bottom line I was offered no other compensation the other food made.at the same time on same rack was left.to sell even to the very next customer and furthermore I reiterate I have to run back home and retrieve the other two tainted sandwiches to get the refund only and on that second visit not a word was uttered. I took video of the contamination and most likely tampered with product and called wawa customer service and was only offered an insincere sorry and the assurance a manager will call me back that's it no coupon no sincerity to a lifelong customer the employees recognize and insult me and didn't take my word that I had two more same way and insult me by only ask in u can have a different one from the same batch, blows my mind how shifty this manager was acting or lack of action and awareness of what if any food tampering could lead to legally as.well as in this day and age become a.problem ie chiptole esp very truly starting my Xmas out shifty and I don't wanna shop there ever again .The employees are generally smug and ignorant as well as lazy and always terrible body language. So as I've said since I know what real top companies do In potential bad press situation I have faith I will see some satisfaction considering the factors but man am I surprised a manager didn't nip it in the bud, time to upgrade the training cause they lost my business and plan to take this to the point of satisfaction just like the employee who reached in their pants and tampered my and children's food cause they aren't at home or whatever they were passed about well now they did it to a person who knows who to and how to make a large conglomerate have a worry the fda better business bureau the social network will all have to be made aware wawa don't care about the attitude they serve with or the product quality and integrity of keeping lifelong customers coming back they are busy counting money .so disappointed and had it happened a few years ago a physical altercation would be in my reformed mind still an action to consider since the part that hurt me most was the manager laughs as I'm walking. Away fuming and that's my fault for.dealing with a distant operation where the employees appearance is pretty bad and homeless are allowed to beg outside regularly . I remember the store that gave courtesy cups of water on hot days that's not wawa anymore
 5th of May, 2016 by    -1 Votes
My wife and I live across from the new wawa they built in cockeysville MD. We are in there all the time. The employees at that store varf us for cigarettes EVERYTIME! They know who we are they know I'm 39 and my wife is 40. We even asked why if they already know we are of age why they still card us. They say its company policy. Worse yet my father in law who is 73 was refused cigarettes for not having his ID! HE is 73! Again we asked and pointed out and said the sign says you card anyone who looks under 30. Again they said its Company policy. I called Corporate and that is NOT YOUR POLICY! Corporate told me they would send an Email to the store making sure the employees are trained properly on procedures. Nothing has been done and they still card us everytime we purchase cigarettes. It is now just annoying and rediculous!! Your employees at this store are rude an have no common sense!!

Wawa Logo Wawa