logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Luxe Models
I am sure that this service can’t cost $1000…
2. (3 mins ago)
SBI ATM Card
TO BLOCK LOST SBI ATM CARD
5. (18 mins ago)
Frederick J. Hanna & Associates
Never pay them until you go to court

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Illegal offer

Kuwait
viva.com.kw
Dear Sirs,

I am writing to express my disappointment regarding the unfair practice that VIVA has subjected me to.

On 15 August, 2010 I received two SMS from VIVA. The first SMS stated: "Get 100% bonus on your recharge! Recharge now and get the bonus immediately!".

After a few hours, I received a second SMS from VIVA which read: "Dear customer, make sure you recharge today only to get your 100% bonus!"

Since no terms or conditions were mentioned in the two SMS, I assumed that 100% bonus on my recharge would be added to my account balance, and recharged my account with KD 5.

Even after 24 hours the 100% bonus did not credited to my account balance and when I called Customer Service to enquire regarding the status, I was shocked to find that the 100% bonus would not get added to my account balance at all but would appear as a supplementary credit which I could only use for making local calls and that too within 5 days.

I feel really cheated at the manner in which VIVA misrepresented the 100% bonus which led me to top up my account with KD 5. It is only fair that either VIVA should include the 100% bonus in my account balance or refund the KD 5 amount which I added to my account.
Comments Kuwait Mobile/Cellular Service Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Apr, 2011 by   KumarKuwait 0 Votes
Recently most of the people getting calls from VIVA number saying that "you won lottery with KD 2000" and also said that we have to recharge KD 100 to get double amount...some of the few send the recharge cards to that people...Above incident happened one of my friend brother..
Then i called to VIVA call center and said above matter to Customer care...They said they can't do anything about this ..and suggesting me to go to police station to complaints...Its too bad...
 7th of May, 2012 by   Vorpal Sword 0 Votes
I just recharged my line with 3KD. Immediately it was gone. I called Viva, they said that because I had previously used an international call promotion (long ago), the money in the international promotion had expired, and the fine print agreement (which I didn't know about) said that any new money I put in could be used to reactivate the international service (which I don't want). No messages to ask if you want the service, they just take the money. No wonder this mobile is always out of money! These cheaters should not be allowed to operate this way. I bet they steal from thousands with this dirty trick. Tell everyone you know to keep away from Viva.
 8th of Apr, 2014 by   Bou AbdulRahman 0 Votes
I signed a contract for a line ( for my son) and was given a sim-card. After a couple of weeks i tried to use the line for the first time and found that the line was disconnected and withdrawn from me. I went to VIVA branch and requested to get back the line, even if i had to pay for a new chip. They informed me, that this couldn't’t be done. So far, i accepted all what has happened.
But i was surprised to hear (after two years) from VIVA that i have to pay 1 year subscription for that line!!! The line that i requested back after 1 month and they refused!!!
 12th of Jun, 2014 by   jose mascarenhas 0 Votes
I just got a plan of 9KD router and very since I to it the speed is very slow, I can't even open the email
 20th of Jun, 2014 by   kiranp 0 Votes
I am having the same experience with viva 9kwd internet plan. This is absolute cheating because the plan promised me LTE connection. Is there any means in Kuwait to protect the consumer rights? Can I cancel the plan?

Know Your Online Pharmacy