USA MEGA INTERNATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES

220 Pineview Ave., Canada
Alberta
Canada
Phone: Oscar Lewis- 778-717-317-7370
Received a check for $4, 800.00 along with a notice I had won $450, 000.00. When I contacted Oscar Lewis to verify the check and notice and inquire about the location of his business, he was very unprofessional and refused to confirm the check was valid or discuss the offer I received. THIS IS COMPLETELY BOGUS. TRY CONTACTING "OSCAR" AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Complaint comments Comments (39) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Comments

11th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
2 CHECKS FOR $4800.00 EACH. SAID I WON A TOTAL OF $450, 000.00, AND TO CONTACT CLAIMS AGENT: OSCAR LEWIS@1778-321-0591
THE PROMOTION MANAGER IS CAROLYN MYERS. CAN'T EMAIL THIS OSCAR LEWIS.

BOGUS. IT'S A SCAM.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I RECIEVED THE SAME LETTER WITH THE SAME STUPID CHECK WITH MY NICK NAME ON IT THEY GOT FROM ONLINE SOMEWHERE. HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE. THESE PEOPLE ARE TO BE ASHAME OF THEMSELVES. THEY WILL GO TO HELL IN A BASKET WITH GASOLINE DRAWERS.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I got the same letter and I contacted Oscar Lewis! Right off the bat I asked him if this was a scam and he became offended by my question, he told me to explain what scam means and I said it is when you get personal information from people and deplete them of their savings and steal their identities! Without even asking what the claim number was or my name he told me in a not so professional manner to cancel the claim and hung up! That is when I looked up USA Mega International Sweepstakes and found that they are a scam!
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
i totally agree to this comment.. i just recently got a check saying i won 450, 000 and it came with a 4, 800 check too.. it was saying in the letter that i need to call oscar lewis cause he was my service agent for activation of the check, so i called him, he said ok, go cash the check and call me back to arrange the rest of the balance left. now the check is being deposited into my account and wont be available til 3 days.. when i get this money, cash it and close my account and will be calling him to flip his ass off..lol..he's a dumb ass.. hope something really bad will happen to him and his crew so that they would stop scamming the people here in the states..
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
where do i contact them and can it be done through online
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
how do i contact them as i send them the money order from australia for an entry on monday
 24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
my best advise for u is to don't do anything to affiliate with them on any matter..cause from what I've experienced on too many scams is that they always ask to send a certain amount for the tax when really its not they're just scammed u..like they be living in different places and totally be using a different information like Oscar Williams address on the notice sent with the 4, 800 check..i locate it on the satellite and it was no where to be found.. it gave me options of streets names nearby but its just a complete address to a dessert in a different country..so, dont push it.. and if u happen to cash the money, don't send it but, call and threaten him..
 24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
no.. they dont give out any other contact in formations to nobody but just a number, or a yahoo-hotmail email..so im sorry but seriously how much money did u send with the money order..u still have time, just try taking your money order receipt and try to take the money out again, so that in that way, when he gets it, he cant cash it cause there's nothing u canceled it..
 16th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just recieved a check for $4, 700 fro, USA Mega (under the international sweepstake) a letter sent said I am the 2nd prize winner, won $250, 000.00. My $4, 700 check will help pay for taxes and payable to the tax agent. Say's I need to call Linda James a claims agent at Citizens Trust Financial Services in Canada. Well I get no answer (today Sunday) but still the banks phone recorder does not answer. I believe it's not a bank. I believe this check does not cash.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I received a letter and a check, for$4, 700.00 from Citizens Trust Financial Services, assigned by international sweepstake organization. They claim that I won $250, 000.00 and that the check is provided to help pay for taxes ($3, 450.00). I am advised to contact my claims agent, Linda James to start the claim processing and activate my check.The check for 44, 700.00 is drawn on Wells Fargo Bank California, from Clas Information Services, Sacramento, CA..The envelope is post marked www.canadapost.ca. I am afraid to do anything with this check, although everything looks legitimate. Please advise
 11th of Jun, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I recieved a letter and a check in the amount of $4, 700 from the USA Mega Sweepstakes and was told to contact my claim agent Linda James. They said I had won $250, 000 and that the check was to help pay for the tax amount of $3, 450.00. The check looked real to me and was made out to me so I deposited it into my bank account like Linda told me too. Well I then contacted my bank to check my account and it was overdrawn and had a hold on it. They told me the check was no good and had been returned. They closed my account down to keep me safe so I wouldn't lose any money. I called Linda James back to verify what had happened and she flat hung up on me as soon as I mentioned my bank situation. This is a SCAM do not trust them if you recieve a letter or check get rid of it or you will end up like me. They get your hopes up and then its a really big let down.
 14th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
If you receive a check from CLAS Information Services, it is a fraudulent check. I work for CLAS and we had our checks stolen and copied. The account has since been closed. Therefore if you cash a check from that has our name on it during this scam the check will bounce and you will have to pay back all of the money you receive. Do not cash this check, please properly dispose of it.

24th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thanks everyone for the valuble imput concerning the USA Mega international Sweepstakes I too have received a check for $4, 800.00 supposedly to defray tax expense due to my recent winnings of $485, 000.00 in this sweepstakes . I immediately google and got responses that satisfy my curiousity about the legitimacy concerning this too good to be true dream. Thanks everyone I won't was any of my time on this jazz. Thanks again.

Anthony
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
My mom just got the same letter and the check for $4, 800, the check looks very real. How can some one win something if it was not in the game? And why would the lottery company hired someone else to pay the money. The letter looks so unprofessional and that was the first thing it make me think it was a scam. I then search and found all these complains.

Thanks for all the people who share the experience, it really helps other people to act the right way and it prevent us from been part of a scam.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I too just received a check of $4800 to cover taxes and a letter claiming I had just won 2nd prize of $450, 000. I called the number, a canadian number, and was told to deposit the check and call back and would then be told a date as to when the prize money would be delivered. I decided to do an internet search before I waste my time. I am glad I did. I would advise others however before you actually deposit a check. Have your bank check on it's validity first!!!
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
@ danial Mine said Oscar willis Instead of Oscar lewis
 30th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same as above as all comments above and I will take it directly to the post office Monday and report a scam to them.
 9th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
My mother just received the same check and letter. Thankfully she called me to see what I thought about it. Apparently Linda James is now working with Jim Martins. I took down all the information and will be contacting this Jim Martins but not for the reason he may think. My mother, who is struggling financially, hates to ask her children for any assistance and this had brought her hopes up. Now I have to be the one to dash them. Thank you all for posting your stories.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I want to thank everyone for posting this scam. I just received this AMAZING check for 4, 800. dollars. What a blessing it would be if it were true. I just want to say thanks for all your posts. Not having to waste my time calling this jerk makes me feel better. O and on my letter is was Oscar Will working with Becky Jones. What an original name. Thanks all.
 19th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Ok folks, here they come again! This time my mother received a phone call. Once again she called me and gave me the number. First of all my mom could not understand what the man was saying - something about an outstanding check that had been sent to her. Of course she immediately thought of the $4, 800 check. Well, I called the number and spoke with a Jim Martins pretending to be my mother. Jim Martins informed me that I was the winner of 1.2 million dollars through a contest in Vegas, and that all I had to do was to send him $325 via Western Union. Once they receive the money, my check would be sent to me via Fed Ex. I was instructed to take the check, with the name and number of Jim Martins, to my bank's MANAGER - not a Teller. I was also instructed by Jim Martins, (who thinks I am an 80 year old widow who lives alone, is hard of hearing and who is also still working) not to say a word to anyone about this to anyone - "to keep my business to myself - because if some people found out about all this money, I could be kidnapped and held for ransom!!" Oh my goodness gracious me!!! That was the first phone call. Martins called me again yesterday asking if I had gone to the bank yet to get the $325. I put him off by telling him we had an ice stormm and that there was no way for me to get out of the house. So it looks like I need to make another call to the Attorney General's office. I will keep you updated.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree