logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
The Brick
No communication for payment protection plan
2. (14 mins ago)
Ericdress.com
Don't buy from this website ever
3. (37 mins ago)
Advanced Air Solutions / Filter Queen
Devious Deceptive Sales Tactics
4. (54 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
I was given a tracking number which I couldn't seem to track
5. (55 mins ago)
Filter Queen
High Pressure Sale

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

USA MEGA INTERNATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES, Alberta Complaints & Reviews - Bad Checks and Scams

USA MEGA INTERNATIONAL SWEEPSTAKES Contacts & Informations

220 Pineview Ave., Canada
Alberta
Canada
Phone: Oscar Lewis- 778-717-317-7370
Received a check for $4, 800.00 along with a notice I had won $450, 000.00. When I contacted Oscar Lewis to verify the check and notice and inquire about the location of his business, he was very unprofessional and refused to confirm the check was valid or discuss the offer I received. THIS IS COMPLETELY BOGUS. TRY CONTACTING "OSCAR" AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.
Comments Canada Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jan, 2010 by   Sarah trial 0 Votes
2 CHECKS FOR $4800.00 EACH. SAID I WON A TOTAL OF $450, 000.00, AND TO CONTACT CLAIMS AGENT: OSCAR LEWIS@1778-321-0591
THE PROMOTION MANAGER IS CAROLYN MYERS. CAN'T EMAIL THIS OSCAR LEWIS.

BOGUS. IT'S A SCAM.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   MARTYHALL 0 Votes
I RECIEVED THE SAME LETTER WITH THE SAME STUPID CHECK WITH MY NICK NAME ON IT THEY GOT FROM ONLINE SOMEWHERE. HOW DUMB CAN YOU BE. THESE PEOPLE ARE TO BE ASHAME OF THEMSELVES. THEY WILL GO TO HELL IN A BASKET WITH GASOLINE DRAWERS.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   Aries6 0 Votes
I got the same letter and I contacted Oscar Lewis! Right off the bat I asked him if this was a scam and he became offended by my question, he told me to explain what scam means and I said it is when you get personal information from people and deplete them of their savings and steal their identities! Without even asking what the claim number was or my name he told me in a not so professional manner to cancel the claim and hung up! That is when I looked up USA Mega International Sweepstakes and found that they are a scam!
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   danial 0 Votes
i totally agree to this comment.. i just recently got a check saying i won 450, 000 and it came with a 4, 800 check too.. it was saying in the letter that i need to call oscar lewis cause he was my service agent for activation of the check, so i called him, he said ok, go cash the check and call me back to arrange the rest of the balance left. now the check is being deposited into my account and wont be available til 3 days.. when i get this money, cash it and close my account and will be calling him to flip his ass off..lol..he's a dumb ass.. hope something really bad will happen to him and his crew so that they would stop scamming the people here in the states..
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   genny4terry 0 Votes
where do i contact them and can it be done through online
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   genny4terry 0 Votes
how do i contact them as i send them the money order from australia for an entry on monday
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   inki 0 Votes
my best advise for u is to don't do anything to affiliate with them on any matter..cause from what I've experienced on too many scams is that they always ask to send a certain amount for the tax when really its not they're just scammed u..like they be living in different places and totally be using a different information like Oscar Williams address on the notice sent with the 4, 800 check..i locate it on the satellite and it was no where to be found.. it gave me options of streets names nearby but its just a complete address to a dessert in a different country..so, dont push it.. and if u happen to cash the money, don't send it but, call and threaten him..
 24th of Mar, 2010 by   inki 0 Votes
no.. they dont give out any other contact in formations to nobody but just a number, or a yahoo-hotmail email..so im sorry but seriously how much money did u send with the money order..u still have time, just try taking your money order receipt and try to take the money out again, so that in that way, when he gets it, he cant cash it cause there's nothing u canceled it..
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   Konfuzzled 0 Votes
@ danial Mine said Oscar willis Instead of Oscar lewis
 5th of Mar, 2011 by   Discouragad 0 Votes
Got the same check for 4800.00 .. just seemed to good to be true, kept looking and found this website. I feel pretty stupid that I even called this guy. If anybody ever locates this ::::::: kick his ass! Did anybody ever cash the check
 27th of Mar, 2011 by   Marthet 0 Votes
I agree, I just got the same check on March 26, 2011 telling me I was the 2nd prize winner in a USA Mega international Sweepstakes for 450, 000.00 and they also sent me a check for 4, 800.00 for taxes and to also call this Oscar Will at 778-320-4512. People need to quit messing with peoples minds like this, because people are needing money these days to survive. I told my husband that I thought it was a fraud. That's why I checked it out for myself. I intend to call him tomorrow and curse him out about this. I really hope these people get caught and go to prison for life. That is what they are doing is playing with people lives.
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   mlfrisbee 0 Votes
We received the same check and letter, although this check is for $4500. and the claims agent's name is Allen Newman @ 778-319-8890. We are supposedly the "2nd prize winner in the second category of the USA Mega draw held on may 27th, 2011". Winnings are $450, 000.00. Figured this was a scam and decided to investigate it online.
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   Squeaky2 0 Votes
I totally agree. This is a fraud and the persons responsible should be jailed. The person i was told to contact was Karen Morgan @ 1-777-321-6037. I thought it might be a scam so i looked it up online and sure enough it was. This makes me very sad because my family is about to be homeless and this money would have changed our lives.
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   desert rose 0 Votes
I just received the same letter winning 250, 000 in the USA mega with a check enclosed for 4700.00 from Office depot. really seriously. My agent is Karen Morgan also and I am not going to give her the time of day. I am going to turn this over to my local police department for fraud. also my name was spelled wrong and address was incorrect. I new something was up, my incorrect name and address was used approx 5 years ago and my bank accout was ripped off 900.00. to this day i never found out who did this but oviously I am in some datea bank.
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   cameralady 0 Votes
My 84 year old father just received one of these letters and checks instructing to call "Oscar Williams" to activate the check. He knew not to get too excited and asked me to check it out. It broke my heart when he said "This could be the answer to all our money problems." In the back of his mind he was really hopeful. I hope they catch these people before any unsuspecting, desperate souls lose their hard earned money.
 30th of Nov, 2011 by   m.k.2011@yahoo.com 0 Votes
i just got the same letter today, saying that i won $450.000.00 today. i call allen newman, today i got a check for $4, 850.00, telling me to go and make a deposited, at the bank.i did that once before, when i was in texas.and thank god, idid not go through with it. they reported it to the police departmemt.and they also reported it on the news.i was so mad, but it was nothing i could.the bank told me if i had spented that money.they would had to give me a loan, and i would had to pay the bank back.they said the check was so real they got fooled to. but i gave the money back to the bank. and left the other money there.so after i read this i'm not going throught with. m.k. in ok. thanks for all the complaints, .
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   jlepper 0 Votes
My mother received her letter in the mail today with a check for $4, 200. saying she was the 2nd prize winner in the second catagory of the USA MEGA under the (International Sweepstakes) draw held on September17th, 2012. Notice how the date was typed? Normally would be typed September 17, 2012. Her claims agent was a Jenny Smith (604)765-4635..number is out of New Westminster, BC and is supposedly with Sun Capital Financial Services, 2150 Lonsdale Street, Los ANgeles, CA 90015 USA. The check was issued by Wells Fargp Bank Oregon, N.A. from the account of Tudor Guild, 15 S. Pioneer Street, Ashland, OR 97520. Knew this was too good to be legit. Will have her destroy the letter and check. Also about a month ago she received a call from a man with a heavy accent from somewhere in Colorado that was asking if she had received a check of some sort. Guess this was all part of the same scam.
 13th of Aug, 2013 by   Ally Katz 0 Votes
I must say I'm offended. According to MY letter, those cheapskates at USA Mega were only going to give me $250, 000 (plus my check was for less than everyone else's also). Same scenario as all the others. I called a "Lisa Brown" who was identified in my letter as a claim agent with Global Processing Inc. for the details (her phone number had a Brooklyn area code). After she ran her spiel by me I told her I wanted to run this by my lawyer. Lisa wished me a good day and immediately hung up. Imagine that. Yeah, big-time scam. Remember - if something sounds too good to be true...etc, etc.
 6th of Sep, 2013 by   angel62182 0 Votes
I have not gotten a check yet but if you block your number before calling any so called agent you find that they are using "Majic Jack" computer phone lines. These people could be next door or as far away as the South Pole! Its a shame though that they get your information from legite sweepstakes like Publishers Clearing House and such.
 9th of Sep, 2013 by   Bellamie 0 Votes
There is no Cyber Crime Bureau. Do NOT listen to "Anti Cyber Crime Agent" He does not work for this site as he suggests.

He is one of the scammers. DO NOT SEND HIM ANY INFORMATION

There was no draw, there is no prize. Do not respond to the emails or texts and do not believe these people who claim to be from "Cyber Crime Bureau" or from lawyers or companies that claim to help you collect your "winnings" They simply want your personal information and your money.

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips