US Postal Service

Opening of Mail/ misdeliveries

United States Post office
Comstock Street
San Diego, California
I can only assume that the postal carriers think, I stupid or they just don't give a shirt!

for the past 4 months in 2008. My personal mail comes in my box open! if its from a law office its open, if its a personal letter its open If its my car note payment books its open and payment books are missing.

I have place a written memo in my mail box so the carrier can read this letter. He pulled it out of the box and I have posted another memo warning. I am contacting the uspostal 800 number to issue a complaint.

I don't understanding why my mail needs to be read by the carrier. If mail is damaged they are supposed to seal it up! But, no the ignore SOB! just place the letter open in my box. THe law office sending me the correspondence said, those letters were sealed. My person correspondence from a family member was also, open on several occassionals.

What can I do get make my point with the post office that my privacy is not protected but, open and read?
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
To Whom It May Concern:
I am receiving some of my mail being opened. It is being opened on purpose. The mail system is not as trust worthy as it should be.

Deborah Bolden
8108 Camelford Dr.
Pensacola, Florida 32506
 28th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
My mail has also been openeind and left open in aan inconsiderate manner in order to let me know it's been opened. I order books critical of the government so this doesn't surprise me one bit but it abgers the hell out of me to recieve care packages from friends and family only to have the food items opened and thrown all over the inside of the box. This is the package(containing a reading light) I just recieved in the mail and the pathetic manner in which I recieved it.

Contact Us