logo

MMOGA
Non delivery
2. (0 mins ago)
Fubar.com
This site is one of two of the biggest "scam sites" that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with
3. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
Life Smart Infared Heater
E1 faults
4. (1 hr 2 mins ago)
Moghozi.mobi
bad language and unrespect of adult
5. (1 hr 6 mins ago)
ace2three.com
disconnecting the game thereby making loose the game

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

US career institute, Colorado Complaints & Reviews - False advertising/information

US Career Institute Contacts & Informations

US career institute

Posted:    KeraLaS

False advertising/information

US Career Institute
Colorado
uscareerinstitute.com
It is legit...only problem is you are not going to get what you think you are going to get. The website and brochure does a really great job at omitting a lot of information. In the packets I recieved I was told that by completing the course of my choice I would recieve a certification. I was told onver the phone and via email that Yes I would recieve certification after I completed my course. I recieved my books and materials on time, the staff was great the everyone was so nice and helpful...Until after I paid for the course. It took 17 phone calls, 33 emails, and a treat to stop payment on the last 4 payments just for them to send me what I thought was my certification packet in the mail...When I finally did get the packet in the mail, it was a certification it was a certificate. When I called the operator I was on hold for about 6 minutes before I actually spoke with Elizabeth. I asked her about the certification number and she says they don't actually certify students only give you the course work. I asked her why wasn't I told this before I paid for the course? and she said I should have asked...I asked her why their brochure and staff would tell me I would be certified if I really wasn't and she put me on hold for about 12 minutes...no BS 12 minutes. Only to come back on the line and give me a website and 800 number to a place that I could get an actual certification (Which I would have to take the course all over and pay for). Then she rushed me off the phone.
When I called the number Elizabeth gave me, and a few others, I found that the training I recieved from US career institute didn't qualify me to take certification testing in ANY state...not even Colorado where the school is located.
I did a little research and a lot of people who have been leaving positive comments about US Career Insitute are people who are affiliated with them. Don't be fooled...It's legit but it's not worth the money. I paid $1500 dollars for a pretty piece of paper and a $4 medical dictionary...
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of May, 2010 by   acas222 0 Votes
US career institute is Scam!

Don't wait your money with them.
 25th of May, 2010 by   kdavidk 0 Votes
huh?
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   Michelle B., Student Services 0 Votes
I am writing in response to the above complaint. I am the Assistant Manager of Student Services for Weston Distance Learning, Inc., the parent company for U.S. Career Institute. USCI has been in business for nearly 30 years. We are an accredited institution of higher education through the Distance Education and Training Council and approved by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools.

It appears there is some confusion regarding the certificate of completion and the term "certification." It is commonplace for institutions of higher education to provide education and training for specific career fields, resulting in a certificate of coursework completion; U.S. Career Institute graduates earn a certificate of completion. Graduates may then choose to gain additional career certification or credentials from a third-party credentialing agency of the student's choosing, which typically requires sitting for that agency’s credentialing exam.

U.S. Career Institute's instructional and promotional materials do not guarantee this third-party certification. On page 28 of the school catalog it specifically states, "With clinical experience students gain on the job, they may be eligible to earn the prestigious Certified Medical Assistant credential through the National Healthcareer Association."

I hope this clears up any confusion on this topic. We welcome and encourage our students to contact us to discuss any concerns they might have.
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   Lies lies 0 Votes
I have contacted you and have yet to get a response. You are a rip off. People don't be fooled. Spend you money wisely.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   caruthmom50 0 Votes
Everyone on here who is supporting US career probably works for them. Any real person who attends the school will tell you how horrible it really. ITS A SCAM! they're not even a real school. go to collegeboard.com and try to find them. If they're not known to the college board they're a scam! trust me
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   134so cool 0 Votes
right ooon, its a darn scam, we've just got had
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   Heidi L. 0 Votes
I graduated from U.S. Career Institute in March of 2011 with a certificate in Bookkeeping...I feel it was a waste of time & $700; I don't feel I've learned what I needed to know to become a bookkeeper-I have not been able to find a job in this field or anything related to it! When you finish the course, it's like "OK, here's your certificate, you passed, you did great, now you're on your own!" I think they should have offered some computer classes as part of the course because whenever I see positions for bookkeeping, they state you must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, sometimes even Spreadsheets. How can I be when I haven't learned it? How can I get any experience if I haven't learned all the necessary tools to perform the job I want?
Has anyone reading this took Bookkeeping at this school and are having the same problem as me or has anyone found work? If so, what did you to get the job? Maybe my resume is not laid out correctly!? I would love to have some assistance! I really want to have some kind of bookkeeping job!!
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   bjld20095 0 Votes
Yes, you can become certified through the NHA, which is one of the main accrediting agencies needed to become certified for Medical Assistants. Maybe you didn't understand what they meant.
What it is is you complete the course online and then you get a diploma at the end of the program and they send you a packet helpful for you to pass the certification exam through the NHA.
With any certification process, you have to apply to be able to take it, then you have to find places where you can take the exam in your area or state.
Becoming certified with the program just means that after you complete it, you are elgibile to take the exam, but the program itself willl not certify you.
You need to read on certifications and become knowledgable with the process.
Not trying to be rude, but some people don't actually do their research before they pursue this kind of career.
With any Healthcare career, you have to make sure you can become certified through one of the accrediting agencies required to become certtified and then find out whether the school is accredited by one of the agencies it needs to be accredited by.
For distance education, if it is only "Nationally" Accredited, make sure the school is in fact accredited by the "Distance Education Training Council", as it is recognized by the US Department of Education so you can get a job within the United States of America.
If the school is regionally accredited, it does not have to be accredited by the DETC, but make sure it is accredited by one of the Major Regional Accreditation Agencies, Which Are:Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Elizabeth H. Sibolski, President
E-mail: info@msche.org
Web: www.msche.org
Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, April 2002

New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
Barbara E. Brittingham, President / Director of the Commission
E-mail: CIHE@neasc.org
Web: http://cihe.neasc.org
Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, April 2002

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
Sylvia Manning, President
230 South LaSalle, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Phone: 312-263-0456
Fax: 312-263-7462
E-mail: info@hlcommission.org
Web: www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org
Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, January 2003

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Commission on Colleges
Fax: 404-679-4528
E-mail: bwheelan@sacscoc.org
Web: www.sacscoc.org

Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
Barbara A. Beno, President
10 Commercial Boulevard, Suite 204
Novato, CA 94949
Phone: 415-506-0234
Fax: 415-506-0238
E-mail: accjc@accjc.org
Web: www.accjc.org

Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)
Ralph A. Wolff, President and Executive Director
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: 510-748-9001
Fax: 510-748-9797
E-mail: wascsr@wascsenior.org
Web: www.wascweb.org
Recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, January 2003

If it is not accredited by one of the regional accredidations above that I listed, then the school for regional accredidation is not legit.

For national accredidation, it needs to be accredited by Distance Education Training Council(DETC) in order to find a job with it.

Also, make sure it is always accredited by your state as a recognizable program, and that is is a member of the Better Business Bureau too, otherwise it is not legit.

Just trying to help, and I hope this helps!!
 15th of Oct, 2013 by   Fefethe great 0 Votes
I just started the medical billing and coding specialist courses; i felt like its not challenging enough; maybe cause i have been a health care worker for thirty yrs or more...; I was trying to supplement income at home being disabled. Thanks for the heads up, even the books and information is just something wrong. I think i will start a nonprofit help organization that will help people like me over 50 and not very computer, social, technical literate, but somewhat wise!!!
 10th of Nov, 2013 by   Raymond Brown Sr. 0 Votes
I thank all of the people who posted the very helpful information on the school. This will surely help in choosing the right Career Institute of training for me..
 6th of Mar, 2014 by   N8sgrl 0 Votes
This place is a scam I urge anyone who has lost money to file a complaint with the BBB of Colorado, yes it is a hassle but this dump has a BBB accreditation because everyone complains on other message boards and doesn't do anything else about this craphole. I lost almost $1000dollars to USCI please file with BBB maybe they will lose their accreditation if we all start filing complaints and they will have to stop ripping people off
 9th of Apr, 2014 by   Epn 0 Votes
I live in Miami and I'm doing my research to see if it's worth paying for the medical billing specialist course at US carrier institute. Where can I find out if it's accredited and where can I take the test to get a certification to be able to work? Thanks!
 1st of Sep, 2014 by   bordercollie050 0 Votes
Scam school that intentionally misclassifies HOURLY employees as independent contractors so it does not pay FICA taxes and is being sued for fraud http://www.uscareerinstitutescam.com/

Nationwide Utility Scam Cheating Hundreds of Customers