logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Glowing Ski Fruitex
Unable to contact the seller
2. (22 mins ago)
Union Workers Credit Services
Scam on Credit Card Application
4. (41 mins ago)
Concord Law school
Unjust JD program
5. (43 mins ago)
Dr. Dova Saga
I specialize in various fields of Spell Casting.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

UPS Complaints & Reviews - The truth about UPS

UPS Contacts & Informations

UPS

Posted:    Upser

The truth about UPS

I have seen a lot of complaints about UPS and I have no doubt in my mind that they are correct. I work for UPS. They are the most self-centered, dishonest and discriminatory company as far as I know. As with lot of companies, the phrase “who you know is who you blow” applies here too. Having the unpleasant experience of being in the “pool” for part-time management promotion, it seems that all the candidates that are hired are young, inexperienced and should we say... less intelligent. And these people are managing the real people who are handling your packages and making the money for the upper management who decides where it is wasted... upper management of course!!!

It is funny to see when they are pinching minutes from the occupational (i.e. hourly employees) in order to save money and shoveling it to the management. But hey, that’s free enterprise procedure.

After having the experience of several years at UPS, they have literally liquidated my loyalty. I use to be loyal to UPS and do my job to the best, but today work is still done to the best, but the loyalty is gone. And this is due to the discriminatory and dishonest way of dealing with people. I got screwed in the process and I’m sure there are more to count. If I may say something that UPS did right, was the color they chose. It is brown, and it reflects the color of bullshit. BIG bullshit.

The troubles at UPS are endless. Employee turnover is horrible and since they are treating the people as they are, word gets around and eventually you run out of employees. But that is something that they are not concerned. Also, UPS wants to be the “safety organization of the world” but anything that is unsafe is usually ignored and even if acknowledged, it takes forever to fix it. So when you say UPS, might as well say “ooops...” .

So for all the people out there, you are NOT stuck with UPS. Use FedEx, USPS (United States Postal Services) or DHL. I was actually shocked to find out that FedEx “ground” is CHEAPER than UPS after they bought out a low cost package carrier. FedEx is more reliable in my mind and I cannot remember having complaint about them. Postal services have more alternatives than ever before and you can always check DHL references on-line. I am personally applying a job at DHL just for the challenge. I know that I can contribute to them or any other company more than I can to UPS. Knowledge increases the pain they say, and now I know what they meant by that. So please be noted that I do not like UPS just for the reason that I do know the truth.

Peace, Upser.
Comments United States Movement & Delivery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of May, 2007 by   richard johnson 0 Votes
We called UPS to ship a 42" Plasma TV from Hawaii To California. We were told by Customer Service... Yes, they can ship the box and suggested that we
bring the box to the Honolulu Airport.

Finding a box and packing it correctly was a big task. When we arrived at UPS. The cart provided had a flat tire. The agent wouldn't talk to us unless we used their computer to create a shipping label...

Finally, Hal, the agent said, "We can't ship that because it would have to be put on our roller conveyor belt which will rattle the TV. Also, it will go thru rough handling by our staff."

We can't ship your 80 pound box. Most people can understand how much effort it takes to pack and load an 80 pound box... but, not UPS. They are smart. They want the small heavy, easy to handle shipping business... not large difficult to handle boxes like ours.

Can we blame them? Probably not. People in Hawaii have few choices as FED EX is no better. The quality of their employees is the primary cause... most are not very bright. People waiting in the shipping room later told us how sorry they felt for us by the "so called service provided by UPS.

We could have saved a lot of time if UPS just could let their prospects know that they do not ship Plasma TV's... and probably large boxes.

Richard Johnson.
 27th of Sep, 2007 by   Lillie Adams -1 Votes
Nine out of ten of deliveries to me are messed up. Either they cannot find my street, or my house, or its snowing, or something else. My packages are usually only delivered after a phone call (1-800-742-5877), and when the driver does finally come and I ask him what the problem was, he always says "must be that new driver". Yeah, right. So I've decided to specifically request the companies I order from to send my stuff USPS.

Also I think UPS should change their name to Unusually Pathetic Service, because that's what their service is --unusually pathetic.
 4th of Oct, 2007 by   sanjay joshi 0 Votes
UPS services are pathetic and never ever use UPS .

I have a bad experience, as my friend sent me a laptop from USA to Goa, India.

They have no proper office in Goa, so they sent via DTDC from Mumbai to GOa, and asking me to pay Rs 5,3080 /- (130 USD)more as a custom or duty tax.
When my friend,(shipper) went to UPS store they charged 250USD (aprrox 10,000 INR) and said this includes all the charges and at the time of arrival showing me customs invoice and no bothered to pick up the phones or anything.

Very bad experience, bad service experience and they cheated my friend by charging 250 USD for shipping old laptop to India.

I'm sure UPS would be cursed by many customers and they would surely close down soon or at the earliest and all the employees would realize as how being an part of the company cheated customers.

Very much angry and disappoint ...

SANJAY
 16th of Oct, 2007 by   Wendie Lather -1 Votes
What is the policy for delivering to homes with animals?
I have a dog who is rather large and kinda hyper... he always barks at our delivery man. Yesterday I received a package, but the guy n the brown truck blew the horn and I scrambled to find my shoes to go outside... when I got out there he was pulling away until he saw me. I had seen him on our security camera kicking at my barking dog trying to get him away from his door. He pulled back up toward the house and handed me my package saying I was about to leave.

Today, knowing that he usually makes his rounds about 11-12 put the dog out and planned to have him back inside before 11... well gee, he came around 10...this time he didn't even blow the horn, again I scrambled to get my shoes on to run out and get my package... the dog was barking at him of course, and when I got outside he was gone... no package delivered, he just left. It was a delivery from Omaha Steaks and I am not a happy person... the dog came in the house with me, and is not outside... will the guy come back?

This really makes me mad... why would he kick at my dog?
Why would he leave without delivering my package? He could have pitched it out of the truck if he was afraid of my dog... I've seen them pitch items out of their trucks here before and my dog was inside... amazing things those security cameras.

I just want to know if I will be receiving my package and if the driver is justified in kicking at my dog and leaving without delivering my package.
 1st of Nov, 2007 by   Stuart Turner +2 Votes
I ordered a camera from USA and chose UPS couriers who I thought they were a reputable company (5 - 7 days delivery) After a week a woman phoned me from UPS & left a message on my voicemail saying that she needed some documentation from me before she could release my package. So I phoned back to see what she needed. After holding for 10mins I was told she was busy. I called again and was told again that she was busy. I left my number but nobody called. The next day I called her and left another message. Eventually I said I would hold until she was available. At last she answered and I was told of what I needed to supply via fax. I sent it immediately but given that UPS only has one fax line, I waited 3 hours before it went through. I phoned the next day asking if they had received my fax. Again I was put on hold and cut off 3 times! After my fifth call I got hold of this woman. She had not received my fax. So I said I would send it by email. Once I sent it, I called for confirmation and again phoned over 5 times before getting hold of her. They now have the documentation. It's been 13 days since I ordered this package and I fear I will never receive it. Next time I'll use FEDEX!
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   Unsatisfied Thomasville Customer 0 Votes
On November 20th, i should have received a package sent to me from the States. Apparently on the first attempt the driver did not find my name in my buildings directory so the 1 st attempt was unsuccessful. Since I've had the tracking number from the get go I checked online to see the status of my package and i realize on the 21st of November that the driver needed further information in order to deliver my package. I called UPS at their 1-800-742-5877 number and I spoke to a Customer Service Rep. (CSR) and i gave hinm all the info needed to make the next delivery a successful one. I provided them with my buzzer number and how my name appeared on the directory to ensure that the driver would be able to find me. On November 26th - 6 days later - the driver attempted to deliver the package a second time, but I guess the CSR that I spoke to did not relay my message to the DC for the driver b/c again on my tracking file it was noted that on November 27th, the driver again could not find my name on the building directory. Again I called the 1800 number and provided a 2nd CSR with all of my information. The CSR assured me that the package would be out for delivery the next day. On the 27th of November i waited around all day for the driver to come to my building and he never came. I again went to look at my tracking sheet to find that the driver said that the address provided on the package was not the right one and now he could not find my building. So for the 3rd time I called UPS's 1 800 and told the CSR that the driver had originally been at the right building therefore he had the right delivery address so why did he now state that the address was wrong. The CSR said there must have been a mistake b/c after confirming the delivery address everything matched the info I gave him with what was on the package. The CSR apologized and said that the package would be delivered the next day. On the 28th of November the package still did not arrive and so I decided to give it another day before calling UPS again so after not receiving it on the 29th of November I called now a 4th time UPS to find out what was going on. The CSR read the notes on the tracking of the package and mentioned that he was unsure as to why the package had not been delivered yet and that he apologized for the inconvenience and the package would be delivered the next day. So November 30th came and went and no package so I called UPS's 1 800 # and demanded my package to the CSR who took my call. The CSR could not believe (again) the history on my package and told me that my package showed as being at the DC and so i could pick it up there if I wanted to just so that I would finally get it. I told the CSR that I was going to drive to the DC to do just that, even though the DC is out of the way for me but at this point I figured if I did not go to get it I may never get the package. The CSR asked for my contact # to have the DC call me regarding my package so i gave my cell phone number. I then drove to the DC at 2:45pm on 2900 Steeles Avenue, Toronto to find a line up of more than 20 ppl either picking up or delivering a package. At the DC there was only 1 person trying to help everyone. Many customer started to get frustrated due to the long wait and 3 customers walked out upset and 1 lady spoke up and demanded more employees to come and help at the desk. Finally an older lady came out from the back and got 2 more employees to help at the front. I finally got to the gentlemen working at the desk after a 30 min wait and it took him 20 mins to find my package. When he broughted to me he asked me to pay $48.00 in brokerage fees. I asked him why that much when that was half of the cost of the item being sent to me. he said that was the fee charged by them. i was appauled and I said I am not paying that much I need to speak with someone. The gentleman told me to call their 1 800 # and speak to a Customer service rep. I did just that and the rep went over my tracking info with me , he could not believe how long it was taking for me to get my package. he apologized profusely and told me that he would take off part of the brokerage fees and i would just have to pay $13.81. He told me that my package would be delivered to me by Monday Dec. 3rd and not to worry b/c he was sending the DC a note to contact me to ensure delivery. On Monday Dec. 3rd I was at home all day waiting for my package to arrive and the UPS driver never showed up, I received no calls from UPS and I was as frustrated as anyone could get.
I went to read the notes on my package and found that the man working the desk at the DC on Steeles avenue had put into my file that I had refused the shipment and that it would be going back to the sender???!!!!!! I was livid when I read this on my file and called Monday early evening UPS, this meant that my package was not intended to be delivered as I was told. I snapped on the CSR that took my call and i demanded to speak to a manager. I had to pull hairs to get to speak to someone other than a CSR. I finally got put through to a female manager who identified herself and she went over all the notes and expressed her disbelief on what had happened with my package. Again she apologized and I told her I had heard enough apologies that I did not care for anymore b/c none had gotten me my package. She said that Tuesday she would have someone from the DC call me and that the package would be delivered by Tuesday. So Tuesday Dec. 5th came and at 9:15 am I received a call from the DC. A female spoke to me to let me know that the package was on its way and it could be delivered between 9am - 8pm. I actually waited all day at home - if you can believe that! and guess what? no package came. in fact i have video surveillance of the main entrance of my building and the outside of it and i was glued to the TV to see if infact this driver ever came and he never showed up. Yet on my tracking file it stated that he had come at 6:17pm but no one was home. My husband and I were both at home and now my husband was livid b/c that was a lie. I called UPS and asked to speak to the manager whose last name I never got. To get to speak to her again was nearly impossible b/c the customer service reps were not comfortable getting her on the phone so i could talk to her again. Finally after UPS hung up on me due to a rep's mistake with transferring the call the manager called me back on my cell phone, which was on file. The manage apologized yet again and said that she did not understand what was happenning and to allow her to place a formal complaint on the this issue. I told her to go ahead and she said she would have the DC call me on Wednesday and that she would send a note to have them deliver my package at a time that worked for me b/c I could not spend yet another day waiting around for UPS to show up. I also mentioned to this manager that I had video surveillance showing that the driver was NEVER here and that i was willing to take action with that against UPS for lying and not providing a service that was paid for. She said it would not be necessary and that the DC would call me Wednesday and the delivery would take place. Well....today is Wednesday and I am without a package to this day. The DC did call me twice in the morning and they did not do anything to get me my package. I have no idea what kind of show UPS is running there but they are out to lunch and I can swear to all that I will never use them again for anything as long as I live and I will try to get this story known b/c this is incredibly unprofessional, outrageous and not acceptable.
 2nd of Jan, 2008 by   jes38288 0 Votes
Last year I sold a Mercedes navigation unit on ebay for almost $1,200 and had it sent out via UPS 2 day delivery. To my dismay, the package never arrived to the person who purchased it from me. First I was told the mailing label was missing, so they reprinted a new label, slapped it on the box and off it went for delivery. The package took roughly 2 weeks to arrive. When the receiver of the package got it, there was nothing but cups and some jug (go figure) in there. The package was originally 14 pounds. When the person got the box, it weighed a mere 3 pounds. Luckily the package was insured, but I'm kinda assuming that that was the reason why someone from UPS ripped it off - since you are required to state what is in the package to be mailed out. They tried to say I was NOT eligible for the insurance reimbursement because it was improperly packaged (which it certainly was not). After several calls, they finally issued a refund for the insured amount. The whole time, my paypal account was suspended because the auction winner basically thought I stole his money and went to Mexico - even though I provided tracking info to Paypal. This whole ordeal took nearly 6 weeks. It was a headache calling almost every single day, and I haven't put much faith in UPS after that whole ordeal. On a similar note, I purchased some expensive diamond jewelry last week, and it is being sent FedEx 2day. It's insured, but it makes me weary to know that they know what's being sent. I checked the online tracking info., and they modified the pickup date as well as the delivery date by a day. Not really a big deal, but it's pretty ridiculous that they would modify the dates since the package was 2 day. One can only assume they did this thinking I wouldn't realize that it had been modified - probably so I won't complain and ask for a refund because that technically makes it a 3 day package. I'll tell you what, not once have I EVER had a problem with USPS.
 11th of Jan, 2008 by   Walter 0 Votes
UPS IS HORRIBLE! I have had the worst experience...
ill cut and paste some of my emails to them:

If you look at my tracking number I think you can figure out why i am upset.

Yes I work for the competition (DHL) - but I have had a lot of respect for your company and your network. But that respect is slowly going away or not justified.

What is your policy for delivering shipments to an apartment complex? UPS delivers to my leasing office for every other shipment... But I guess the courier didn’t feel like it this time? (not to mention in the past they would deliver to my leasing office and not tag my door – but I could live with that because I was used to just picking it up from the leasing office)

What about OFD scan the following day - do you not have mandatory scanning on a daily basis (IB - inbound, OFD - Out for Delivery, AD- attempted Delivery, etc...)

How many times will your customer service tell me the Service Center will call me back - but they never do?

I have agreed to go to the service center (but I was told the driver gets back after they close so not an option), I have agreed to meet the courier, I have agreed to do whatever it takes to get my freight - but I was told I could do nothing.

So let me ask again, what is your policy for delivering to an apartment complex.

I don’t understand why UPS would not allow me to get this package. By holding it one more day – that’s one more stop for your driver, one package you need to scan, one more liability for one more day.

What can brown do for me? Just do the service I paid for – no more no less – deliver the freight. That’s all I am asking. Am I not the customer? Ultimately – isn’t UPS in business because of there customers – and the needs of the customers? Why do I feel I have to beg you guys to do the service you’re paid to do?

and this one...

Still don’t have my package.

Was hung up on by your Manager (at least she claimed to be the service center manager) from my local center.

I did EXACTLY what you UPS asked me to do to guarantee I would get the shipment – let them re-attempt, and they would delivery to my leasing office. So when you tag my door – and write on it “Delivered to Leasing office.” And I go to the leasing office – my shipment is not there – and the people who work there state your driver came – delivered freight there but came back an hour later because it was the wrong freight (it belonged to the apartment complex next to ours) but failed to leave anything for us.

So when I finally get to speak to someone from the local service center – of course they have no idea of my past conversations with that facility. And the best they can do I re-delivery the package the next day? I still cant pick it up? Bottom line is – I am the CUSTOMER, I paid for a service – you (UPS) failed to deliver. You FAILED to make right mistakes that your driver made. UPS failed to even try to be helpful or courteous. Instead, I get someone who cuts me off, interrupts, and hangs up the phone?

I wasn’t being rude but I was wanting a solution. If I tell someone I am going to do something – I do it. If I made a mistake doing it – I would correct my mistake.

So this being the first response I have received of the three emails I have sent – I will hope at least some action will be taken to maybe, just maybe rectify situations like this going forward. At least maybe the next customer will have a better interaction with UPS.

I do apologize that whoever is reading this is having to read this. It is a waste of both my and your time. If UPS (along with all courier services) just pick up and delivery the freight as advertised – emails, calls, etc are not needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Pretty sad when the only thing I can do is not use your service, send ugly emails, and call your 1800 number. I asked to file a complaint – but noone seemed to know how or wanted too. All I can do is tell others of my experience – which I plan to share with whoever will listen. Shipping is a “Service” not a product.

I guess my finaly thoughts are simple - dont use UPS.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   Mia 0 Votes
HMMM
Unsually Pathetic Service is Right

My deleivery guy lies about when he showed up at my house..Usually he puts in a fake time and then there are no UPS notes left behind, he pulled this 3 times, I called thier 1-800 number all these times and there seemed no c hange in service..since then I was look forward to bad servic e and they never dissapoint..I dont allow any friends or family to use UPS to mail anything to me and I am gradually moving anway from companies that use UPS..its U S P S ALL THE WAY for me...
 4th of May, 2008 by   wade B. matthews 0 Votes
The Ups Carrier Deliver My Package To The Wrong Person.I Paid For It Some One Else Got The Package.Sorry Company.
 12th of May, 2008 by   Gregory 0 Votes
Here's another one:

I waited all day for a package today (a 500 dollar road bike) and it is now 6:46 pm. I just looked at tracking and find out that "delivery attempt was made and receiver was not available for signature." Ok where the hell have I been all day?? DID SOMONE KNOCK ON MY DOOR NO!
On top of that there is no notice on my door that an attempt was made.
Where the hell was the driver? I think he was home jerking off is where he was...
Never using ups they suck!
 29th of May, 2008 by   Jennifer 0 Votes
I have been waiting for been since yesterday. It is now now 7:32 pm. Our tracking shows "delivery attempt was made and receiver was not available for signature." from yesterday. No one knocked yesterday and there wass no notice on my door that an attempt was made. This is Bull Sh*t!!!
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   sheree 0 Votes
I ordered some things from a nursery... 3 trees... I get delivery here all the time by UPS and often they screw it up. This time, the idiot couldnt find my address. No calls for directions from him or anything! I called the office 3 TIMES and gave directions.. Still a no show. Last call to them they said they would re schedule delivery on Monday.. that waould 4 days from the supposed delivery date. These are LIVE trees! and cannot be in a box that long. I told them to foget it, I would pick them up myself. I paid 50.00 in shipping charges and then have to pick them up myself? Well, the next day I drove out to get my trees... This is in Sallisaw Oklahoma. What do I find? Locked doors. So I walked around to the back loading dock. No one. I started calling out hello!! Finally I found a guy hid out in a small building. He took my shipping statement and went to find my parcel.You wont believe what we found there at the Sallisaw UPS Depot. There were packages strewn everywhere around laying in the dirt, tossed under a picnic table and even out in the parking area (gravel and dirt in behind the UPS depot where they load trucks.) I picked a couple of them up, and they were full, taped, and addresses on them for shipping. And here they were tossed in the dirt, gravel and hot sun, just laying out there. Anyone could just walk off with them. Not stacked up, not in a neat pile... I'm saying it looked like they just threw them out and left them lay where they landed. No wonder UPS is always losing packages for people!! Its probably stuck under a bumper or a wild dog drug if off somewhere. I couldn't believe it! These people need put out of business and they have lost me as a long time customer. I have always shipped UPS and I do alot of shipping with our business. No more!

S. Gardner
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   simon clark 0 Votes
was told icould pick my package up, drove for an hour to get there (tamworth)and then be told they could find it and sorry is all they could do and say
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   uconnchef 0 Votes

damaged goods delivery - UPS

package left out in rain water damaged
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   Pamela 0 Votes

Mentally challenged drivers - UPS

The UPS drivers in DE are still trying to get their GED. They cannot read or follow instructions
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   vasu 0 Votes
Dear Apc customers please suggest your all your friends who r planing to take a UPS not to take a APC ups as this company is not providing a quality product and cheating the customers with the name of replacement i was one of the cheated customers

Regards,

Vasu Babu
 4th of Dec, 2008 by   kat matkin 0 Votes
I live in a small town in Canada, about 30 000 people live out here. But UPS does not deliver out here...why? Because it is considered underpopulated. So to mediate this they contract out to Purolater. I asked them where my six days late package was (truck parts I had to cancel a mechanic appointment) and they said it was out in Port McNiell...I didn't even know where that it is. Apparently its an island town of 2000 people.
So I called Port Mcniell looking for my package. Surprise Surprise they did not have it but they told me to call UPS again. I did and they told me to call Purolater...Surprise Surprise they didn't have a clue what to say to me other then they could not help me. SO I called my mother (who happens to work at the Post Office) and asked what the hell I should do, her response was clear. She said I bet your package is at this store. And it was, so I had to drive an hour and a half to get it.

Whats worse is I asked for the package to be delivered USPS and the company said they would but sent it UPS instead. I am so upset and will refuse to do business with people who use UPS for shipping. Period no more exceptions. As a small business owner I will NOT USE UPS.
 5th of Dec, 2008 by   Angel Lin 0 Votes
Reading all these complaints just reminds me all the bad times i had with UPS, i am SO PISSED. I HATE UPS. Why do people have to keep using them? Online sellers, please don't use UPS, i hate receiving package from them, right now i pick sellers also from which carrier they use to deliver the goods.
 28th of Dec, 2008 by   furiousWithUPS 0 Votes
I ordered a camera to my parents address for Christmas. My parents live in Seattle and I was visiting them for the Holidays. I live in LA. So I thought since my package won't be delivered to me in LA on time, I ordered it to be shipped to my parents address. Naturally, I couldn't wait to get a hold of it. So, the camera was originally scheduled to be delivered on the 24th. Yes, there was a bit of snow this year, but I could drive my car around, the regular USPS trucks were going. But aparently for the USPS trucks that was enough to call it adverse weather conditions and cancel most of their deliveries. A good excuse not to do their job if you ask me! Needless to say, not only my camera wasn't delivered on the 24th, they didn't deliver it on Friday the 26th or today, the Saturday when most of the snow is already melted and UPS is supposed to be working. Now it's rescheduled to be delivered for the day when I'm going back to CA. Won't be too much of use for me since I'll be gone by then! What I really wanted was to be able to use it during the New Years and I won't be able to do that! I'm furious with UPS!

How To Create a Password Even Your Ex Can't Hack