United States Post Office

UNITED STATES POST OFFICE
9631 PARK HEATH LANE
Houston, Texas
Phone: 281-741-4325
I moved to north Houston over a month ago, to a subdivision that has the community mail boxes. I was told that in order to receive mail, my box would have to be re-keyed. Despite repeated phone calls and conversations with our local carrier, we have still not received a key to our box, and cannot receive mail.
Complaint comments Comments (47) Complaint country United States Complaint category Government & Police

Comments

18th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

U.S. Mail Service - Mail being delivered too late

I constantly receive my mail between 5 and 6 pm each day. With this late delivery I loose one (1) business day for response to any mail that requires a response within a certain time frame. This has happened to me many times, and I am upset and frustrated.
 15th of Dec, 2007 by    +2 Votes
I have recentlty changed my address and then moved back to my previous address in the mean time i have made out 2 of your change of address forms for the residance i have moved back into. Why am i not gettting any mail at this address? Even though i had put the changes in well over 2 months ago. I am waiteing for some important information that my job depends on but it seams like i dont get any mail at this address. And it is still being sent to the other address do you think you can help me out hear?
 8th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
I ordered some siverware (stainless) on EBay and didn't order the insurance as I've always thought the Post Office carried a minimal amount of insurance on everything it delivered. The items were sent by Priority Mail. Each group of silverware was in plastic sleeves and wrapped in tissue. When the package arrived it had a hole in it and some of the pieces were missing. The Post Office had slipped the pouch it was shipped in into a plastic sleeve with an apology for it's condition. Is there any way to trace the silverware or is it covered at all? Thank You for your help in this matter. Sincerely. Kathleen McGowan
 23rd of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Oh Boy! Why do we pay high rates to the Post Service in our town and they won'r even deliver my mail to my hosue. I moved into a rental house Jan.2,2008, had my mail changed and install a "curb side mail box(actually there is no curb), 12 feet from the broken down street edge, 42inches from the ground to the bottom of the box. Foolishly I thought hot dog it is done. Here comes the carrier and left a note telling me, my mail box had to be closer to the street, and 42 inches from ground to bottom of the box. He will not deliver mail, I said i will install a box on the house, no,no that won't work because I am "new" service. I had a triple bypass open heart surgery I can't go get the old post hole diggers and dig that hole for him and do the box. I have nobody to do it so I can't get my mail at home, I have to go to the post office and pick it up because my mail is on hold there. NO COMPROMISES, NO EMPATHY, NO SYMPATHY, NO MR. NICE GUY just their way or no way. Well I can't do anything about it I am at their mercy. Frankie Mann Antlers, Ok 74523
 3rd of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
When the substitute mail handler delivers to our apartment complex, they just leave the package in the lobby . There are over 200 or more people in this complex. my packages are always stolen. I have lost over $1,000 dollars worth of merchandise and its to the point that something has to be done. My earing that I ordered were delivered and left in the lobby, I was out of town, someone stoled them, it shows that it was delivered on the tracking that I checked on line. The post office is not suppose to just leave a box in the lobby, they are suppose to leave a note on your mailbox that it was attempted to be delivered. This has happened to several other residents also. The post office when asked, says they do not know who the substitute mailhandler was on the route, which we all know that they know who is on what route. I have a friend that is a mail lady. I want this resolved and I would like for someone to contact me and tell me how this can be stopped. I have proof that I was out of town and so was my boyfriend. I am still in St Louis and I live in Chicago, he went home today (sunday) and checked out mailbox.. Empty No earings, but a confirmation that they were delivered. I just had surgery nd really do not need this kind of aggravation. Please resolve this and let me know what is going to be done about this. Jamie Maas
 24th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just received a phone call saying that someone tried to deliver my mail, and it was returned as undeliverable. I've called my post office at least 10 times in the last year to get this corrected and they always apologize with the excuse of "yes, we have your correct address on file, there must have been a substitute carrier that day". I've filled out a change of address form twice for the same address and I've put my name in the inside of the box like they told me to. I'll get mail one week, and the next, I'll get a phone call from some who says that my mail has been returned. I too have lost a lot of money with them returning my packages, so I just make sure my packages are addressed to my mother and sent to her house. Which too costs me a lot of money since she lives 140 mi. away and I usually have to drive and pick them up. 65202 Columbia, MO
 12th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am the office manager for Allergy and Asthma. We have a box for the mail pick-up and for mail out going mail. I put my out going mail in the slot. Today 4 pieces of out going mail was put back in my box. The letters had the correct postage of 41 cents now I will need to add an additional penney. This happens almost every day. Why is the postal employee putting my out going mail back in my box?
 14th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I would like to post a complaint about the baltimore Maryland office that covers mail going to the home address with a zip code 21217. I have sent packages to my daughter to have them returned. the Last name is correct, the house numbers are corredt. The street address is correct, the city is correct the state is correct the zip code is correct and the packages are returned stating no one by that name lives at the address.

The people that live at the address never received the packages or said no one by that name lives there. In the past other packages have been delivered there with the same first name. Why are my packages returned. This involves more postage for me to receive the package and repay the postage and send it back. I do not feel this is correct.
 16th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am disgusted with the service recieved from the Braselton, GA post office. I sent a package going overseas. It was returned to me a MONTH later saying it couldn't be delivered as there was no customs form on it. The pouch I had placed it in was.
I re-sent it and taped a copy of the customs form to the bottom of the package so as not to be lost again. It was returned to me yet again with the customs form removed from pouch and a note saying it now required the Green customs form and by now it requires a further 45c. This is outrageous. It had the correct postage originally. Whats the big deal with the customs form? They both (white and green)require the same information. This post office are continually sending packages/mail back about one trivial thing or another. They are also the rudest people on the planet (excluding the delivery lady). I agree a job should be done well but they need to get a life and stop nit picking wasting other peoples time.
 22nd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
We moved into a new house (new construction) on March 7, 2008. Our house is located at 105 Bordentown Crosswickss Rd. Before this development was built there was an established house that had our address (105). When the development was being built their address was changed to 157 Bordentown Crosswicks Rd. We are currently missing more than a months worth of our mail. Our mail was delivered to 157 and the people that live there have not returned our mail to the post office. I am getting delingquet notices in the mail for non-payment when I never received the bills. I have called the main post office branch on Route 130, Trenton, NJ. They admitted that they have been having trouble with the mail delivery in our area. The post office did not have an established mail carrier for our area so it was whoever was available. While I understand their problem, it does not help me with my mail situation. The people at 157 have our bills, motor vehicle info, DVD's from Netflex, magazines and so forth. I have written them a note giving them my #, stating that I will be happy to pick up my mail. No response. Isn't it illegal to hold someone's mail? What can the post office do to get me my mail back? I did not create this situation, the post office did. I am so frustrated and worried about receiving my mail at my house that I am thinking of getting a PO Box. Isn't it funny that the post office would make money off there incompetence?
 23rd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
(This is the letter I sent to the Post Master General)
Here are the contact numbers for complaints:
202-268-2000
202-268-5211 (fax)
877-876-2455

To Whom It May Concern:

You are receiving this letter, because I have exhausted every attempt to get this matter resolved. On May 16th, 2008. I went to the counter of my local post office and purchased a money order from the post office with the reference number of 12188965555. I advised the clerk that I needed to make sure that I could track this mail and get a confirmation when it is delivered. She advised me that the certified mail service would take of my concerns. This letter and money order was going from Jacksonville to Jacksonville. As of today, the recipient has not received it. I have made several calls to my local postal service. I have made a complaint with the postal inspection reference OR37817004. I have made a complaint to the Northeast Florida Consumer Affairs reference CB37816566 and to Lisa Saunders that handles complaints for the e Postmaster General office. All of these entities told me that someone would contact me. On top of that, I was advised that I could put a stop payment on the money order for a fee of $5.20 and wait for 60-90 days to get my money back. All of this is unacceptable, because it was the post office that either lost of stole my mail, which included my money order. I have found out that the post office I utilize already had complaint of thief from others. I want my money back ASAP. This is outrageous.

Today, I spoke with Rosa at my local post office, which was rude and less than helpful and had the nerves to tell me that she was familiar with the situation and asked me "why was I calling". I am calling because, I have made complaints with several entities about this situation and was promised a callback within one day and it has been two. I am calling about the lack of cooperation and consideration that I have received. I am calling because, I paid for a service that sets my mail apart from the regular mail and I did not get what I paid for.

Apparently, other people have similar situation, which is how I found your email and fax number. In the middle of drafting this email, I just got a phone call from Misty from the consumer affairs office. She advised me that the mail has not been located. She also advised me that the post office does not have a way to put a stop payment on the money order that I purchased from them and that I indeed would have to wait that long to receive my money, which is just ridiculous.

This is what I am going to do. I am going to fill out the forms for my money order. I have been trying to figure out a way to not use the post office ever again. I have spoken with UPS and was advised that to mail a letter, I could use the UPS ground service, which would cost about $7.00 for a letter. I will attach a copy of my complaint in every piece of mail that I send to charities, sports entities and any other contact. Surely, no charitable organization needs to purchase a money order from the post office. I am going to make sure that every website that I build has something about my experience with the U.S. Postal Service and the chain emails has proven to be priceless.
 11th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
Package of food that was sent from relative in Michigan. I knew it was to arrive in the morning. I saw a Fire Vehicle in front of my deck. I thought that they were doing a survey or inspecting the property. No one rang my doorbell or knocked. I just watched the vehicle turn around and drive out the driveway and stop @ my mailbox. I went to my mailbox and found a delivery slip that said that the parcel could be picked up or delivered @ another date. I called the post office and told them that I had observed the truck sitting in front of my deck No one got out of the truck, put the parcel on the porch. I oberseved the vehicle about 15 min. just sitting there. I checked my doorbell and it is just working fine. I went to the post office to pick up my parcel. I just want to know if this is standard procedure, just sitting in front of a house and not knocking or ringing the bell to see if in fact no one is home, or is this the post office breaktime. Thanks...
 24th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
August 24, 2008

Hello,
My name is Matt Mullowney. I sent a medium sized box of candy on 5/19/08 with a white address label on it. The box contained candy for my nieces and nephews. The postage cost $9.38 for the box. The candy inside the box was valued at $30.00. I had the box shipped from US Post Office 12208 N 19th Ave. Phoenix, AZ. 85085 to the residence of Teresa Francella, 512 Sunset Drive Downingtown, PA. 19335. I waited three weeks and the box was never received at its destination. I called the U.S. Post Office I shipped it from and they stated the package was sent and that I should contact the Loose In The Mails Philadelphia Bulk Mail Center Philadelphia, PA. 19116-9751 sorting center to see if the box arrived there. I contacted the Philadelphia sorting center and they stated that the box had not been received or recovered. I was told to file a parcel search request and I would be notified if anything turned up in the future. I received a letter in the mail stating, "Dear Customer: An empty wrapper with your address was found in the mail and it is believed to have been separated from a parcel during handling (see attached address portion of the wrapeer.) If the contents of the parcel have not been accounted for and you wish that a search be made for the article(s) please complete the botom and reverse portion of this form and return it to the Mail Recovery Center in the enclosed preaddreesed envelope. Please do not send the address wrapper to the MRC; retain it for your records. An accurate and detailed description of each item is essential. Please give the names or initials (if personalized) and other characteristics such as brand or make of the article, model number, color, size, quantity and kind of material. If you are able to furnish illustrations or pictures that would be most helpful. If after a thorough search your merchandise is not located, take this form and wrapper to your local post office for a postage refund (Form 3533). Also, if the parcel was insured or C.O.D. present this form to your local post office once a search has been completed and request that a claim for indemnity be filed. Experince has shown that proper packaging, including your name and adrees with the contents inside the parcel in most instances will avoid this inconvenience. To assure our customers the service they deserve it is suggested that these measures be taken in future mailings." Before I mailed the box I properly taped and secured it. My complaint is I would like a refund of my postage $9.38 and a refund for the candy $30.00. I total of $39.38. My address is 2339 West Dewdrop Trail Phoenix, AZ. 85085 and my cell is 484 225-2709. I, of course, do not have the mailing label (wrapper) as that was what was lost.

Matt Mullowney
 25th of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
If a person is standing at a locked mail box in an apartment complex can the mail man hand them the mail for an address that they ask for? what if the person has an ID for the address that they are asking about? Would that person be intitled to get all of the mail or just the mail that has their name on it?
September 24, 2008 my mail was handed to a person who no longer lives at my apartment. Not just a selected item... ALL of the mail. When I got home the mail was on my door step!
 1st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am living in Houston, Texas. I don't understand why the mailman can not deliver mail to the correct address. My mails usually deliver from my neighbors due to wrong mails and I usually received mail from my neighbors for all four of my offices and my house at different zip code 77072, 77036, 77031, 77077, 77099. My monthly bill statement got loss is a often things. I complaint to the post office but it did not help.

Is the mailman should pass a test before they got accepted by the Post Office. Should The Post Office have trainning for their employees?
 1st of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I suggest the USPS should required the mail man to take their eye exam annualy. I beleive that most of the mail man does not have correct lences.

Also should have a test program to be taking within a time frame that required the mail man to take every 6 month to practice their skill of careless.

Most of my mail got wrong to my neighbors all the time due to mail men are uncareless or can't read as following:
1. My home street address is Bywater but I keep received mail from the street address Rywater.
2. One of my office's neigh and us keep received mail from each other beacause my number address is 1318 and his is 1218.
3. Another one of my office suite address is 161 and my neighbor is 181 and we keep receiving mails from each others.
4. Another company of my name is Greatland and is located in the same shopping mall with a grocery store name Gardland and we keep receive mail wrong from each other.

These are very basic that tell us that the mail man is careless, lazy or they do not have the correct lence. I hope that USPS should have some program to correct these problem. So we won't keep loss our mail.
 9th of Dec, 2008 by    0 Votes
I read everything that was entered by other citizens/residents who have had the eACT SAME THING happen to them... HOWEVER, the ONE ITEM that is really bothering me is this: I had placed $19, 000.00 into a #10 envelope, it was addressed by my BANK...8 miles away... and I didn't have the "time" to DRIVE there so I "trusted" the US MAIL to "DO AS THEIR OATH STATES"...HOWEVER, I have since learned that the postal service here in RENO, NV is EXTREMELY POOR.

IT WAS TWO+ YEARS AGO THAT I PLACED THAT BANK DEPOSIT INTO THE US MAIL...WITH MORE THAN ADEQUATE US POSTAGE...AND THAT ENVELOPE NEVER ARRIVED AT THE ADDRESS ON THE ENVELOPE..WHICH WAS WRITTEN BOLDLY IN PURPLE INK!...THERE WAS MORE THAN ADEQUATE US POSTAGE ON THE FRONT UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER...'MORE THAN ADEQUATE ' POSTAGE. That envelope with LOTS OF PERSONAL CHECKS from OTHERS made payable to me... those checks NEVER ARRIVED AT MY BANK...AND...the US PO STILL HAS DONE NOTHING to even "try" to locate that #10 envelope! My RETURN ADDRESS WAS IN THE UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER..YET THE USPO STILL HAS NOT RETURNED THAT ENVELOPE TO ME...

I WOULD LIKE A LETER FROM THE USPO INDICATING THAT THEY HAVE LOST OR MISPLACED OR MISDELIVERED "MY MAIL"...THEN I COULD "WRITE IT OFF AS A LOSS"...INSTEAD OF HAVING TO "CLAIM IT AS INCOME"...I NEVER HAVE RECEIVED ANYTHING WHATSOEVER FROM THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE REGARDING THIS EXTREMELY SERIOUSLY MATTER...YET THE USPS STILL REQUIRED THAT "I DO AS THEY COMMAND"...WHAT GIVES...THEY USPS NEEDS TO START TO "TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN BUSINESS" AND START "TO DO THEIR JOB!"" IF as an RN in the Intensive Care Unit treated my patients in the manner that I have been trested b the USPS, then EVERY SINGLE PATIENT IN THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT WOULD NO LONGER BE LIVING!
 6th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
I totally agree.The post office has a long standing agreement with the public to deliver mail to it's intended
recipient's.That agreement becomes binding when postage
or a postal seal is placed upon the mail or parcel therefore a leagal acceptance of responsability is implied.In other words, lose it, damage it, or otherwise prevent it's safe delivery you should be responible for that loss including the contents and consequenses resulting from that loss.This includes carellessly delivering it to youre' neighbor.
By the way, if it doesn't have your name on it, it is NOT yours and by knowingly opening it you have become a theif and you SHOULD go to jail!
 15th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I live in Hammond Indiana...My carrier has been delivering my mail to the wrong address for about three years now. I have called and made several complaints but to no avail. I even pay extra to have a p.o. box for important things because they are so unreliable I figured they wouldnt have as much of a problem if the mail didn't have to leave the building. Unfortunately no!!! It is still happening even with the mail to the post office box. I can't believe they are asking for more money when they have this bad of service. It looks to us as though the carrier is too lazy to deliver the mail and stuffs it wherever they want. They actually have been dropping off my neighbors mail in my box too so it isn't just me.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I live in the North Houston 77065 zip code. I have had trouble with the mail carrier stealing my mail. I have lost several magazines, packages, prescriptions in the past three months. I have complained to the postal inspectors, Houston claim office, postmaster all to no avail. The postal manager at the local office is of no help either. He doens't care about honest or the people at their mercy. My worst experience is going to the post office to pick up a package and the counter person said it wasnt there! I filed a complaint and after five days they found it. The manager tried to tell me that it had been there the whole time. HOWEVER, the same counterperson was there and he still contends that the package was not there and had been missing.

My guess is that the carrier takes the packages and whatever magazines they like. The trackable parcels they wait for a few weeks to see if a claim is filed. If not, they keep them.

More Houston b.s. criminal types. They must be hiring the people the filed for the Katrina aid fraudulantly and are fresh out of prison on parole ... They should be liable just like everyone else is if they steal and quit hiding behind the government agencies complaining about low pay and benefits..DO YOUR JOB!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree