logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
2. (7 mins ago)
A1cashadvance
Impossible to get loan from them
3. (15 mins ago)
scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TWX Magazine Complaints & Reviews - How to Reach Real Live Person!!!

TWX Magazine Contacts & Informations

TWX Magazine

Posted:    maggiemaysay

How to Reach Real Live Person!!!

I have been receiving $2.01 charges on my account from this company a few times over the past few months. Every time they come up I would call cutomer service to cancel my subscription. Then I would be charged again! I was so frustrated that I could not get a real person on the phone.
It was only because of the magazine "Real Simple" (ironic, I know) that I found my answer. They have helpful hints about a lot of different things. This tidbit was about how to get a real person on customer service lines. Every company is different, so I tried everything... saying "customer service", saying "help", pressing 0 continually, nothing worked except being totally silent on the phone until they transferred my call to a real live peron!
So, if you want to talk to someone, which you should to make sure everything is cancelled, call the phone number and do not make a sound until they transfer you. It took me about 5 minutes before they transferred me and then I had to wait a few additional minutes on hold. I just did this today, so hopefully I won't be charged anymore, but I think when I kept repeating to the woman on the phone "I don't want anything, and I don't want to see any more chrages on my account" she got the picture. I felt a little bad for her, because she works for an aweful company and she has to offer me several different magazines. Oh well. Anyway, I hope this helps. Good Luck!
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Apr, 2009 by   oncebeguhn 0 Votes
these people are stealing money from us; call your bank file an offical complaint and change your cc # and only use pay pal or other secure means of payment on the internet. people can steal your info. it just happened to me... this is the 2nd time in as many days the cost is getting higher and the time to get your money back takes awhile.. so if you are unemployed watch out!
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   bec318 0 Votes
hooray! this tactic worked. I tried other ways too but after finding this from a Google search, I tried and it worked. Takes a little waiting but worth it to talk to a person. I've actually had decent experience with this company letting me try magazines and then cancel. I guess what happened this time around was I didn't receive my refund b/c I chose "cancel future billings" instead of the command that would've canceled what I"m getting NOW. The woman I spoke to was very nice and the refunds show up on the credit card very quickly. If you do any of these trials, you just have to stay on top of it. Your lack of attention is their twenty bucks!
Thanks for the insight on bypassing automated hell.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   hilbago 0 Votes
Thank you so much for your tip on how to reach a real person, hopefully they will really refund my money. I will pass this on!
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   elle t 0 Votes
Thank you! Thank you!
After several calls to the automatic telephone system, I thought my only recourse was to dispute this through my card company.

I gave a call one more time...and waited, and resisted the urge to answer that voice, and I waited, and holy cow I was transferred to a real person. Looks good so far. Everything was 'cancelled' But: We'll see how soon a CSR calls me back to adjust the charge.

Thanks.

elle
 11th of Dec, 2009 by   grshearer 0 Votes
This solution was great! Only took about 3 minutes of listening to an automated system, then the live person was very helpful.
 29th of Jan, 2010 by   bkln-jacko 0 Votes
This solution worked great. As mentioned in previous comment, took about 3 min and then I got a real person, Shawn, who was helpful and confirmed that our initial attempt of canceling thru the automated voice system the previous day had actually worked. He gave me a confirmation #; the amounts that our credit card would be credited (a little less than what showed up on our credit card statement - "since a month had gone by"); and confirmed that our credit card would be credited in 72 hours (not the two billing cycles that the voice system had told us).
 4th of Jul, 2010 by   IgnoredConsumer 0 Votes
I can verify that I was able to reach a representative today.

I called and did not speak or hit a single button to the and the automated system. It kept asking the same questions so I hit eventually hit "0".

I was then asked to do a survey about their automated system before speaking to a representative, but I just never hit a button or said a word and it eventually pushed me into queue for a customer service representative.

I told the woman about the charges against my account and she tried to explain them, but after telling her about 5 times that the subscriptions weren't set to expire for another year, I just interrupted and told her to take my card off file and refund my money. She said I should receive a refund to my account in 2-3 business days.

I do hate to be rude to people, but they had absolutely no basis to charge my account at the current time. Completely absurd company. By the way, the number I called was 877-813-3977.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   al of pa 0 Votes
I was hit with a $56 charge for one mag and $51 for another. The charges were still pending on my card, so I called 800-586-2710 and I reached a person immediately. No phone prompts, no long wait (maybe 30 seconds). The gentleman I spoke with was very easy to deal with. I just explained that I saw the charges on my card, I was aware that my card would be automatically charged if I didn't cancel within a timeframe and that I did cancel a couple months earlier. He canceled all of my subscriptions (I had 4 total) and reversed the two charges on my card. Use that phone number! It works and the people seem willing to oblige.
 8th of Apr, 2011 by   gelwalker 0 Votes
I was charged for four magazine (two of two different dates) they costed $23, $31, $38 and $38. And of course how the economy is going and gas skyrocketing I know of no one who can just accept over $100 being taken out of their account for 4magazines (which most of the time I never get to read because i work ssssoooooooo much.) I searched this morning for the code billed to my account and was given Time Warner Magazine as a possible culprit. Thank God I found this site and proceeded to write down the two numbers. I expected a long wait so got a drink and a sandwich with my cellphone (for games and music). If I had to wait I was going to be prepared. I called (800-586-2710), it rang, I got a message that the customer service people were busy so I will have to wait. I knew that would happen. But less than one minute, Angela (the customer service officer) was on the phone. She was polite however respectfully persistent with offers to keep the magazines. She assured me that the charges will be reversed in one to two billing cycles (basically one to two weeks). We will see. But the customer service get it done was excellent. Actually has me thinking I may get the mags when money is no longer tight.
 26th of May, 2011 by   shy squeaky wheel 0 Votes
800-586-2710 This was a number that went through right away, canceling subscriptions that had a TWX prefix on my debit card. I got snookered into this through Biz Rate. The service rep was very nice, but just be careful when you are offered any subscriptions for a killer price. They count on you forgetting and letting it slip through the cracks. $85 is a huge hit for me.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   straightchange 0 Votes
Great advice! Not saying a peep worked, and I got a pleasant human to cancel everything. Thank you
 27th of Mar, 2012 by   sunni9 0 Votes
This TWX place really is sneaky. I was called back a few months ago and was told I would receive a few magazines free just for taking a survey over the phone and then now I have been getting charges for those so called 'free' magazines. I called the number that showed up next to the charge statement (877-645-6809) on my bank account and did the silent treatment thru the automated service and it got me thru to a real person in like 3 mins and she was really nice and canceled me out of all 3 of the magazine subscriptions that I was suddenly being charged for. If someone calls me again saying I can get free magazines for takin a survey over the phone for them I will defently decline.
 16th of Nov, 2012 by   Danikaye 0 Votes
I cancelled through the automated system but I wanted to speak to a live person to verify that the entire amount I was charged ($117) would be credited. I called 800-586-2710 also and got right through. He could see that I had gone through the automated system. He also did not give me a sales pitch for more magazines. The rep assured me the charges would come off in 72 hours. We will see.

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups