logo

ONLINE COMPLAINT

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Truck Addons, Kentucky Complaints & Reviews - Lousy Customer Service/Returns Department

Truck Addons Contacts & Informations

Truck Addons

Posted:    threegr8kats

Lousy Customer Service/Returns Department

Truck Addons
Kentucky
I was in the market for a Undercover Tonneau cover for my truck. I search the web and found a fair price on Truck Addons, I was chatting live with a sales person who told me that if I called my order in they could sell the cover for $658 shipped no tax. Well you know the old saying try to save a buck or two and something always goes wrong. Well the cover arrived via Estes freight. The box looked to be in very good condition from the out side no major damage, so I signed for it. I was in the process of installing it and found out that one of the rear corners was broken into three pieces. I called Truck Addons right away. After about an hour of waiting on the phone and getting the run around I was told because I signed for package, that claims with Estes would only pay 1/3 of the value. That I would have to wait as long as 30 days to resolve the issue and the only way I could get a replacement right away was to purchase a second one at full price. They told me that is was my fault for not being able to see inside a sealed package. That eventhough from the outside the package appeared to be fine, I should have told the driver to wait while I unpacked the cover on the side of the road and examined it. They went on to tell me that they always tell customers to do this. I purchased mine from Michelle and she never NEVER mentioned anything about unpacking the item and checking for damage.

Well I contacted my credit card company and put a dispute on the charge. I then called David Lyons at UNDERCOVER who told me that if I sent pictures and explained everything in an email that he was pretty sure he could help me out with a replacement. The next day I was contacted by UNDERCOVER and told that it was obvious that the damage that happend was internal ( in the package) and that I would have had no way other then opening the package upon delivery to see the damage.

STAY AWAY FROM TRUCK ADDONS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>PURCHASE UNDERCOVER DIRECT<<<<<<<<<<<<
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jun, 2009 by   wzrd11 0 Votes
They only want to sell. My undercover (which I would not buy this brand again) came broken. Truck Addon's, aka Undercover Factory Outlet, left me to deal with Estes Express, the trucking company. Estes Express only wants to pay me 1/3 of what I paid. I have filed a complaint with my state's consumer protection. Protect your self, don't buy from Truck Addon's, Undercover Factory Outlet and don't ever use Estes Express trucking.

The Dumbest Ways To Borrow Money