logo

Account blocked

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Travelers Advantage Complaints & Reviews - Four months now and still no digital camera

Travelers Advantage Contacts & Informations

Travelers Advantage

Posted:    Valerie

Four months now and still no digital camera

Travelers Advantage
www.travelersadvantage.com
I signed up for Traveler's Advantage offered by Wells Fargo. The first month was free and as a bonus they would give me a video camcorder/digital camera. I have never received any info that I even signed up. Not even a simple confirmation letter with an account number. It's now 4+ months and I've gotten nothing! The only confirmation is the monthly charge for the service that I'm not getting!! It sounds like they're offering similar "deals" involving mp3 players or other incentives. Don't do it! If I found the other reviews about this NOT FOR FREE Orbitz/Travelocity site, I would have never done it!
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008 by   Nathan Halabrin 0 Votes
SAME exact problem with Travelers Advantage. I signed up for the "free" camcorder through Wells Fargo (my bank) as a promotion. Months later, no camera, no info regarding the program, just an $11.99 monthly charge. I've made 2 complaints by dialing into their customer service number which on some days is a nightmare to get through. At one point a cute little VM told me "Due to high call volume TRY AGAIN LATER!"
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   Juan 0 Votes
THIS TRAVELERS ADVANTAGE THROUGH WELLS FARGO SUCKS, THE DEALS ARE CHEAPER ON OTHER SITES AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SERVICES, THIS IS THE BIGGEST RIP OFF I HAVE HAD IN TIME. AND THEIR WEBSITE IS A SUPER DUPER MESS TO MANEUVER THROUGHT (((((DO NOT GET TRAVELRS ADVANTAGE THROUGH WELLS FARGO))))
 6th of Jun, 2009 by   Derrick A. Shafer 0 Votes
The exact same thing happened to me bur I was told that I would have the camcorder in 4-6 weeks. I am at the 12 week mark and no camcorder.

The traveler's (dis)advantage offers of up to 50% off hotel rooms is also a scam as During the first two weeks of the scam process; I was issued a
"travelers advantage card" with a member number on it #9712-62883957. I tried to book a two day Hotel reservation for a trip to the Avila Beach, CA. area with them. They quoted me enormous rates, and almost refused to accept the fact that I wanted to think about it on two hotels that they quoted me prices on.
I called back to these same hotels myself and was able to beat their rates, myself, by $200.00 for my two night requested stay for two.
Finally, the only reason I thought I would be receiving the bogus camcorder was because I found-deep within the bowels of the initial magazine that Travelers Advantage sent me was a tiny card stating to fill it out to receive my free digital camcorder. Did anyone else find this card? The BBB is my next blog site on these criminals, then the California Attorney General.

Derrick Shafer-I don't mind using my name. I want these scumbags to know who is making statements against them. Email Address: derrickshafer@yahoo.com
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   miss_x 0 Votes
You said "The BBB is my next blog site on these criminals, then the California Attorney General."

You go boy! Get 'em with all you got! That's what we all have to do..
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   manajing 0 Votes
I have just recieved a letter which offers me one of the services. It says that if you want to cancel your membership you can call 1-866-640-5691. Maybe that works to cut the manthly fee you're paying.
 15th of Mar, 2010 by   miss_x 0 Votes
Well manajing, I guess they are trying to improve their services with all these complaints going on!
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   mattsir12 0 Votes
I just signed up for two different offers from wells fargo, The first one was called "AutoAdvatage" (which is a service for $15/month, and it is similar to AAA roadside assistance), the offer stated that the first month is free, and they will send me a FREE GPS, and you could cancel within the first 30 day sand get charged NOTHING, and still receive the FREE gps with no charge! I signed up for the service, waited 2 weeks for them to send me my packet with all account information, and the card to send out for the gps. After i received my packet, and sent out for the camera, i immediately called the service, and cancelled my membership. 4 weeks later, i received an AMAZING GPS in the mail! It was almost to good to be true, but it happened and im very happy! Now today i went to look in the mail, and there is another similar service called "HomeAdvantage" from wells fargo, and this time they are saying the same thing... month free, free gps, cancel within 30 days get charged nothing and keep camera. So bottom line.. I SIGNED UP FOR THAT ONE TO!!! The information came in the mail, and i sent out for the free camera, and then i cancelled the service... so know i just wait another couple weeks.. and BAM!!! another free Camera! THANKS WELLS FARGO!
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   LizRob 0 Votes
I did received my digital camcorder... it took FOREVER... but it's sooooo CHEAP it's actually HILARIOUS. I havent used the services, but will look them over again to see if I can use any.. but most likely will be cancelling my account.
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   mrs.gonzales 0 Votes
I had signed up for the Auto Advantage for the same $15.00 a month that was offered to me through Wells Fargo and I was paying for this service for a little over a year. When the time had come to use this service. They could not assit me and I had spoken to approximatley (6) Supervisors and had to repeat my need (6) times everytime I had to speak to different supervisors. It was very frustrating for me and my children. I was given the run around in my time of need. This service had not give the service provided as stated. Auto Advantage had me and my children waiting for about 1 hr 30 mins. I had canceld my service as we spoke I was very unhappy with this service and would not recommend it to anyone. I was fortunate that I kept my AAA roadside assistance. They had come to my rescue in 30 mins from the time I placed my call out to them. Thank god for AAA road side assistance!!! mrs. gonzales

Helpful Tips For Online Shoppers