logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (1 mins ago)
CheapOAir
Dirty dealing, lying and fraud
2. (1 mins ago)

Posted: 2013-04-05 by    MizVal

FRAUD

iYogi Avangate Computer Associates
California
TOTAL FRAUD! I purchase a new laptop, needed antivirus program. Selected Computer Associates Total Defense program and paid online for it. Got my license number by email, so tried to download using link in email. Could NOT download, but I noticed I had managed to download a diagnostic program called CA PC repair. So, after waiting 1 1/2 hours on hold for tech support, I finally got through to iYogi in India. Spoke with Akshay. He took control of my laptop, and proceeded to run a diagnostic on my laptop, I assumed, to find out why I couldn't get the download. He then told me I needed tech support BADLY, needed to defrag and I had a world of hurt going on... really?? On a brand new laptop right out of the box??? After he started to explain why I desperately needed o purchase tech support from iYogi, I told him I was completely offended that I would waste 2 hours of my time to hear a sales call on a tech support line. He told me I HAD to l listen to the sales pitch or else he couldn't do the download. So, wait, I PAID for a program, but I can't get it unless I listen to a sales call for another product?? I refused his product, so he put me through to Vijay the tech for my download. Totally messed it up. He tried to load a 32 bit program instead of the 64 bit required and had to patch twice and reboot four times before he said it was working successfully. Unfortunately it does not launch AT ALL now. And, I do have their CA PC repair diagnostic that eerily seems to be running when NOT OPENED. Tracking?? Completely disgusted, and a total rip-off. Their tech couldn't even manage to install an antivirus program correctly!! I'm reporting them with BBB, since this is FRAUD.
Comments United States Antivirus Software
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Aug, 2013 by   Fraud Dissatisfied +1 Votes
Total Defense have made unauthorised debit to my account for goods and services not requested or provided. We had ceased using CA Securities software in 2011 which were then taken over by Total Defense. After 2 years they have taken an unauthorised amount from our account. They are committing FRAUD do not sign up with these people for products or services or you will be ripped off.
 2nd of Sep, 2013 by   sweetiep +1 Votes
charging my credit card when I did not place order.
 5th of Sep, 2013 by   Jackaa 0 Votes
Had an auto-renew email come through in October 2012, emailed them stating we no longer require this requesting confirmation no further charges would be made. A few days later, we receive this confirmation.
Then a month later we get an email stating our CC had been charged. Many emails later, gone unreplied.
I've still trying to get this money back..
Total fraud. Do NOT sign up with these people.

Consumer Tips: Secure Personal Information