logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Thrifty-Terstappen Car Rental
Avoid renting car from them
2. (8 mins ago)
constant telemarketing

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TLG*GREAT FUN /TLG*SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized Charges

TLG*GREAT FUN /TLG*SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE Contacts & Informations

TLG*GREAT FUN /TLG*SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE

Posted:    Mary Ann Boulette

Unauthorized Charges

Texas
POS DEBIT TLG*GREAT FUN 800-242-7771

POS DEBIT TLG*SHOPPERS ADVANTAGE 800-526-4848

These two debits are pending on my checking account and I have no idea what they are and they have not been authorized by me.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jul, 2008 by   Bin 0 Votes
I got involve with the same situation, I never heard these before. But they just send me the member card with the similar member number, is it a swindle?
 6th of Aug, 2008 by   LEE 0 Votes
I am not sure where this charge came from? $11.99 and $10.99!!! Freak this...

TLG Great FN and TLG Shopper.

Didn't notice till today, been going on for a year. Lost money, NEED HELP?!!

WHAT DO I DO?
 3rd of Oct, 2008 by   Rhonda Thornton 0 Votes
Who are you and please remove the 2 $11.99 charges on my checking account.
 4th of Oct, 2008 by   Roger 0 Votes
TLG Shoppers advantage is from a Discount program with Days Inn and other motel chains. If you have EVER made a reservation with a motel and you are receiving notices of these withdrawals, you can call 1800-678-3029. That is the Membership Inquiries number on the back of the card. You should be able to cancel any membership you have and stop the withdrawals. Just a suggestion
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   JUDY 0 Votes
TAKE ME OFF OF THIS PROGRAM.
 30th of Nov, 2008 by   mario and millie 0 Votes
We too just found out we have been swidled out of money and not sure for how long. We are angry at the losey motel Days Inn which advertise as a hotel but is really a roach trap for road dogs and other creatures. We will get to the bottom of this and get our money back. We will report back our efforts. By the way the hotel/motel is of the highway just in Salsibury Pa., cant miss it from the road, then again MISS IT.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   sree 0 Votes
hi...it happened with me also..and it was 75$
there was some other transaction also on my card earlier...just call your bank ppl and argue that it wasnt authorised by you.they will give you a contact number of that unauthorised transaction..or watever..you can just call them and bash them..i got my money back like that...
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   john zimmer 0 Votes
This is the second time they have hit me. now it is $12.99. they should be in jail and VISA and Mastercard should stop doing business with them 3/28/09
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   Michele Howell 0 Votes
I too just noticed on my bank statement a debit for $14.99 for each company for the past 4 months. The Shopper's Adv. said they would credit me 2 mths and Great Fun said they would credit only one month. I do not know how companies like this are allowed to continue to do business!!

Ditti on the Days Inn and I am in Michigan!
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   Bob of Indiana 0 Votes
I have just had 2 hits on my DEbit/Checking account, in th lasr two days. I have no idea how or why theses charges have been made against my account. I have never done any business with TLG*Great fun or TLG*Shoppers. I will be going to my C U first thing in the morning and I will be calling any and all numbers till I get some satisfaction. Bob in Indiana
 2nd of Jul, 2009 by   Kevin997 0 Votes
They got me for $129.99!!! I called day before yesterday, and since it seemed like a scam, I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they offered to remove me from their system, eliminate any further charges and refund the $129.99. However, the refund hasn't come through yet (they said it would take 48 hours), and, based on what I'm reading here and on other websites, I don't assume that it will be that easy. We'll see.
Kevin in New Orleans
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   Tina Lark 0 Votes
I was charged 119.99 on my credit card by this company never heard of them. Somehow it came from booking a room in Cherokee through Choice Hotels. I called them up told them I was not a member. To cancel my member ship and credit back my card. They said they were sorry and they would credit my card back and cancel my member ship. They said for my inconvenience they would send me a $25 card. So we shall see.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Bigt983 0 Votes
I got these charges on my credit card as well. I had signed up for them through one of Billy Mays's infomercials, imparticular Mighty Mend-It. They say they are going to mail you the information and give you 40$ in free gas cards and you will have a 2 month free trial. I never received the information or the coupons and then I started getting billed for it 2 months later. I called the number above and canceled it and they said they will refund my card as well.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Bigt983 0 Votes
Update: I called the great fun number as well and canceled my membership with them before I received a bill. I will update with whether I receive my refund or not from Shopper or not and if a mystery charge shows up in the future from these companies.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   olia26 0 Votes
I got scammed by this people as well. I noticed a couple of charges from TLG Great Fun for $12.99 back in April, I called them and canceled and they even gave me a refund of $12.99 (one time). I did not notice until now that they continued to charge my debit card the same $12.99 under a different name TLG Shopper Advantage. I called them today and they said they will cancel my membership (for which I have never signed up) and told me to write a letter and fax it to them for the refund of the rest of the money they charged. We'll see. Someone has to stop these people. I can only imagine how many millions of dollars they collect in unauthourised fees every month. The fees are small enough for people not to notice or not get around to calling and jumping through all the hoops of canceling this 'membership'.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   Miss Eve 0 Votes
OMG...this just happened to me

I rented a moving vehicle from Budget Truck Rental and was offered some type of Shopper's discount for traveling back in November of 2008. I declined the offer. All of a sudden, today, 8/5 I received a call from my bank advising that my account was overdrawn due to two charges applied to my account from TLG*Shoppers, one on 7/23 and the other on 7/28 which I did not authorize. When I called to inquire why all of a sudden these charges were applied to my account, they advised me that I did enroll and that they had been trying to bill me for months now but the transactions have not gone through. This made no sense at all to me. They cancelled my membership but what's so ironic...I never enrolled so how can you cancel something I never requested. I was surprised to see this list of complaints when I Googled the company. I think we need to put a stop to this by filing some type of class action lawsuit. I spoke with a James Cruz with the Office of the President expressing my concerns for others and this site i stumbled upon and he didn't seem very concern so apparently this is something that has not been dealt with. I am sooooooooooo upset about this.
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   Vincy 0 Votes
my debit card was also charged $11.99 by these people.
I don't know what to do about that.I told my bank about that and waiting for their reply.Actually i have already opted out of their commercial emails.Will they charge me again?
 6th of Aug, 2009 by   Vincy 0 Votes
I got charged $11.99 after i booked a ticket by priceline.I did not authorise them to use my details for TLG.
I still did not travel with that tickets I purchased.Its for august 28th.
Does that mean priceline is also fraud?
Is my tickets still valid?
 5th of Sep, 2009 by   SylviaElaine92 0 Votes
My mother and I have just discovered that her account has been charged for over $150 from this company that she has never signed up for or made any authorizations for which we find ridiculous- especially since we havent stayed in a hotel in over 2 years!! We're using the membership inquiries number we saw above to try to get a refund and cancel our membership. Please let us know how your attempts have worked out and we will do the same.
 12th of Sep, 2009 by   mishmash 0 Votes
I just checked my account and have 2 charges for $14.99, one for TLG Great Fun and the other for TLG Shopper. It's 2 am on Saturday so I can't contact my bank until Monday to try to get these charges reversed. I have no idea what these charges are about! I can't wait to call this company to cancel whatever they think I signed up for - although from these posts it looks like the charge you without you even signing up somehow. I hope everyone who is dealing with these idiots keep this website updated with their experiences; and if anyone has any ideas on how to stop this, please post suggestions!! I have been unemployed (a victim of the infamous 'downsizing') for 19 months and cannot afford this kind of thing. I am afraid now that with the amount that they took from my account could cause payments I made on bills being returned for insufficient funds. Then you get charged fees by the bank in addition!

How to Save $500 by Christmas