logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
2. (6 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (8 mins ago)
PCH Games
can't redeem tokens
4. (13 mins ago)
ADP Total Pay Card
False information/Inability it access funds
5. (16 mins ago)
trynulexa.com
They continued to take money from me

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Time warner cable - Road Runner, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Deposit Refund

Time warner cable - Road Runner Contacts & Informations

Time warner cable - Road Runner

Posted:    ManishSK23

Deposit Refund

Time warner Cable
North Carolina
I started my service with time warner cable in august 2010. As i was new in US i been asked for 50$ deposit which I paid. I had been told that I will get that deposit back once I provide my SSN number or I disconnect the service.

I used the internet service for around 4 months. This was no contract plan with $34.99/month for 12 months. Now I moved out of North Carolina so I closed the service (18th Dec 2010) and also returned the modem. I have been told in store that I will get my deposit back. After few days (today 30th Dec 2010) I contacted them for my new mailing address so that they can send the check which will anyways will take 4-5 weeks as per them.

When I inquired about how much amount I will get they said that I won't be getting the deposit back as I did not complete the 11 month period. I do not understand what it has got to do with my deposit. They can withheld my deposit for any such reason. As I have paid my bills on time. Paid all required charges and also submitted the hardware in good condition.

They should return my deposit of 50$ back. Please help me where I can place a more authorized complaint and also direct me towards federal authorities who can address this kind of issue. I am living in NJ now.

Thanks,
Manish
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Jan, 2011 by   epez83 0 Votes
I was a Time Warner Cable (TWC-NY NJ) customer for over 4 years but moved and had my account closed in October 2010. I received a statement reporting that my initial apartment account deposit of $132.82 would be credited back to me in 4-6 weeks after the closing date. I gave them my new address to ensure I would receive the check. Well, it is now late January 2011 and I still haven't received anything. After calling, they are now opening an "investigation" to see what happened to my lost check. I'm wondering how widespread this "slip" really is, and want to warn others to keep a watchful eye when expecting a refund from them. I'll hear back from them in a business day or two regarding the status of my refund, but this has already reached an unacceptable level of poorly managed customer service, as it has been 11 weeks now.
 23rd of Mar, 2011 by   cocopuffs910 0 Votes
I had TWC when I lived in Charlotte NC back in 2008 -2009. I never ever missed a payment and when my contract was up I returned there equipment and I am yet to get my 80.00 deposit back and here it is 2011. When I called they told me that there is no records of me ever being a customer. I bet if I would not have paid them they would have a record of that. So a customer service rep told me that a manger would call me back and that was 2 months ago. TWC doesn't care about taking money from their customers.

The Psychology of Pricing