logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
PHS WASHROOMS
False & miss leading contract.None service provider.
2. (0 mins ago)
ICICI Bank
Unable to COnfirm Payee while abroad
3. (5 mins ago)
UKMail
Shocking Behaviour
4. (5 mins ago)
Interactive Option
The rep started to charge me for nothing
5. (8 mins ago)
Merlin Money
Refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Time Warner Cable, Columbus, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Rip-off!

Time Warner Cable Contacts & Informations

Time Warner Cable

Posted:    Valerie

Rip-off!

Time Warner Cable
Columbus, Ohio
I've had Time Warner Cable since my roommate and I moved into our apt 3 months ago. Every single month there seems to be a problem with our bill where one of us has to end up on the phone with the company trying to get it fixed. This month took the cake however. Our bill this month reflected some "previous balance" which shouldnt have been there seeing as I paid the bill in full last the previous month. They even told me they applied a $20 credit to our account for another reason.

So when I called to get this problem fixted I talked to a guy who wasnt very helpful so I asked to speak to his manager. All I wanted to know was why my bill was $131.72 because when we first got our service they said we'd be paying about $97 a month for our cable and internet. The woman told me that we were being charged for Showtime(which we never ordered!) and I had a $43 previous balance (which was not supposed to be there at all!!). I asked her to just cut off our Roadrunner internet. My roommate and I are both college students who work two jobs to put ourselves through school and pay our bills. Neither one of us have a lot of money at all. The "manager" said she could do that but there was going to be a $250 fee-WHAT?!?! She claimed there was some kind of two year "contract" that gave us that "special rate" of $97. I was LIVID! I NEVER AGREED TO OR SIGNED ANY KIND OF CONTRACT!!! Is this legal?? Time Warner Cable is the WORST cable company out there. I can not believe they want to charge me $250 to cancel my internet service! I refuse to pay that especially because I was never told about any "contract" and I certainly would never have agreed to it! I dont know what to do! I'd like to go with another company but they want to charge me $250 to break the "contract" that I never knew about. I'm very upset with this company.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jul, 2009 by   Harsh Realities 0 Votes
You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing. Do NOT rely on phone calls or email.
You MUST deal with TimeWarner in writing.
You MUST deal with TimeWarner in WRITING.

If TimeWarner were a person it would best be described as a pathological liar: They will say one thing and do whatever is most convenient for them.

Follow EACH phone conversation with a snail-mail summary of your conversation to the place you send your bills. Include your name, address, and account number.

I have made a hobby out of rescuing people from TimeWarner. They screwed me out of $1000 so I plan to cost them orders of magnitude more in customer loss.

Send ALL letters to "the office of the president" for your territory.

If you continue to be defrauded by TWC file a FORMAL complaint with the "Public Utilities Commission"

...

remember you CAN also sue them in small claims court. In most jurisdictions the filing fee is about $60. WHEN you win your case you will recoup this investment.

I recovered most of my money from TWC and you can too. I have since upgraded to FIOS. I hope it is available in your area. :)
 3rd of May, 2014 by   Unhappy TWC Customer 0 Votes
I cannot believe the response I get from customer service. I had the same bill for a year and a half then they raised it each month by adding charges for things I never had before. They list a charge for Current monthly services 69.70 then DVR service 6.50 The guide 3.27 HD DVR set top box 6.98 and Internet modem lease 5.99 add 8.85 in tax, fees and charges and the bill is now 101.29. When it has always been 87.64. I never had the charge of DVR service plus DVR set top Box I only had the charge for DVR service. I also never had the charge of The guide. When I asked why they said the charges were always there they just decided to detail my bill. I ask if the charges were there prior then how did my bill go up if all you did was detail the items? The response I got was it was there. I said if I sold you a Box containing one item for $100.00 and listed on your bill 1 box = $100.00 then next month I list 1 box =$100 1 item =$25.00 when you ask why your bill is more I say oh its not, you were always charged for the item in the box I just listed it out this time because you all wanted detail billing. DOES that make sense!! They beat around the bush and twist words till you give up! I couldn't agree more with the statement above about the pathological liar! And just in-case your wondering what the sudden "The Guide" charge is here is what they told me. "you know when you push the button on your remote and it shows you what is on, that is what the charge is for". SO be careful when you hit the up and down key on the remote next month you may be charged for it!

Perfect Food Company Scams!

Latest Groups