logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
cashbackcat.com
Don’t buy from them – no cash back and fake promises
2. (5 mins ago)

Tidebuy Contacts & Informations

Tidebuy

Posted: 2011-05-04 by    peter.d

Dress quality

Dress looked nothing like the pictures provided. When you try to complain the Tidebuy dispute link won't work, their responses - when and if received - make little sense and the dress is likely arrive too late to start a dispute through PayPal. Also I didn't see the Tidebuy website advising about import tax, and I've just had a bill from HMRC just to add to it all.

If you've ordered via PayPal go back to the PP website, click on Legal Agreement, then Acceptable Use of Policy and scroll down to a report tab. You can then join me in letting PayPal know of your experience and help me get an investigation started - the more people who do so the more notice I'm sure they will have to take.

Comments United Kingdom Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Sep, 2011 by   breenmlbreen +1 Votes
I had bought two dresses as i could not decide which one. However i could they were not as glam as the picture. Also dont fit but that's my fault for thinking i could squeeze into a smaller size! However they are totally useless to me. I have tried to contact the company for a returns address as Im sure the site states if delivered to wrong address then they won't refund money. I have called the numbers on contact us and emailed the email adresses and the live chat. But no response. Gutted left out of pocket with two crap dresses! Dont buy from them.
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   TMW412 +1 Votes
I ordered a wedding dress from this company, when I received the dress back it looked nothing like the product being sold. The dress was custom made with bad stitching and a needle was stitched inside the dress that cannot be removed without having the lining removed. When I sent them a photo to dispute the item, all they wanted to do was give me a coupon for another item
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Bako 0 Votes
I was not satisfied with the dress I received. It did not match the picture in the catalog - wrong fabric, poor workmanship, etc... According to the company's return policy, I had to submit the pictures in order to get a refund. I did a photo session and e-mailed them the pictures with explanation of the reasons why I am not pleased with the dress.
This is the response I got:
"You look really beautiful in that dress. Since you've already got that dress and it fits you very well, would you please take it?"

THEY think it fits me well. I don't.
I tried to dispute the matter through PayPal, but it was denied.
So, they are not going to refund me $173 for the dress I cannot wear.
Please, stay away from these bunch of liars and tell all your friends to never shop with them.
Tried to attach the pictures here, but it didn't work for some reason.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Bako 0 Votes
This is the response I got:

THEY think it fits me well. I don't.
I started a dispute through PayPal, but it was denied.
So, they are not going to refund me $173 for the dress I cannot wear.

14th of Dec, 2011 by   zerituen kebed 0 Votes
Well well! After lot of researching I found tidebuy website. It looks good and very cheap which is round my budget. Furthermore, I was reading the customer reviews. A little bit scared but ignore because I love this wedding dress.
As they said it came on time. I am very exciting. I gathered everybody. When I opened I am really socked. I cannot even talk for 10 mints. Once the pack open, as the embroidery and some of decoration not done properly it fallen down to the floor. Addition to this, the stitches not done properly, when I sit down and change the position it made sound like something tear. The description said it is taffeta but I got satin plus very poor quality.
I tried to contact them. I wrote a lot of e-mail nothing. Refund and exchange forget it. Forget it. You cannot get your money. The any answer you can get the system respond you e-mail. What a scam sit. Somebody please do something.
What can I say? It is a disaster. Very very disappointed. Please don’t even think to do something even if you love it.
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   tidebuy 0 Votes
Dear Customer,
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please post your full order number so that we can investigate your case further and offer solutions.

Regards
www.tidebuy.com
 28th of Dec, 2011 by   Fernanda SP 0 Votes
I ordered my wedding dress at Tidebuy.com and I'm really satisfied with the service and the product. First of all, it was really grateful to be able to trace my dress all the way by the Tidebuy's and TNT's websites, so I could know exactly the status of my order. Second, the shipping was really fast: it took less than 1 month from the day bought it to the day I received it. Third, however I was a bit hesitating about the product quality, now I see I had no reason: the dress design is absolutely the same as the picture and the size I took fit almost perfect to me. The only thing I didn't like very much was the embroidery, because they used some material I'm not very found of, but, for me, it's a tiny detail which I'm going to fix it myself. I think when you buy a dress or other clothes online, you have to know that it is made in a standard size and it probably won't fit perfectly to you. It's absolutey normal to have to make the hem of the dress or to change one thing or another. I guess what makes the dress impeccable is the personal touch you give to it.
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by   louise munro 0 Votes
I ordered my daughter prom dress start of october still not had it iv emailed them etc & they sent me a tracking no but can not even get on that now iv put a complaint in the the company & paypal . Not Happy
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by   louise munro +1 Votes
we ordered & payed for my daughters prom dress in october & still not come iv emailed them & they sent me a tracking no & that said it was at coventry the start of december( i can not get on to that web site now lol )i only live in solihull so why its taken 5 wks ? i been emailing them etc .I just want a refund so iv asked the company & paypal NOT HAPPY with the service at all we will just see how long i will wait for a refund ?
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   alicealice +1 Votes
Your experience is really terrible. Maybe next time, you should pay more atention to it.
I have a wedding dress of white simple style from Peridress! They made and sent it to me after promised days! It looks amazing! Very good fabric and exquisite seaming handwork! I am in love with it! Thanks for Peridress’s dress and their best price!
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   AnissaT -1 Votes
Sadly, I too, am a Tidebuy victim. I ordered a wedding dress from them and finally received it in the mail. It looks nothing like the photo- and my emails were not answered in regards to measurements or personal changes (I did not want a lace up back, I just wanted a zipper). Thank God I didn't put any faith into the company as I did some research prior to my order. I read good and bad reviews- so ordering this as my last ditch effort because I figured I could spruce it up on my own if I didn't find something else, was not a complete loss. The vintage "embellishments" consisted of 6 or so giant silver sequins with silver beads in the middle. Yeah. That's it. It looked like it was from the Dollar Store. Seriously, I made better dresses in Home Ec in high school. There's loose threads, and a wide chunky generic cut to the dress (like that of the neckline to a mu mu)
I will donate this dress because I don't care to deal with the process of sending it back. I've read it's a nightmare. I'd rather post my experience, vent through words to help someone else. I did, however, find my wedding dress on another site. It is on Oncewed, here you can get used or never worn dresses at a fraction of the c
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   AnissaT +1 Votes
Sorry. The cost. My dress came from a real shop by a real designer and I spoke to the owner over the phone and paid with PayPal. It was very inexpensive and safer. Not to mention, quality.
Don't buy Tidebuy. The quality makes me laugh. And I can't figure out why all the weird numbers and signs in my above post. Hmmm
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   SHILPA9 +1 Votes
i purchased a dress from tide buy, before i purchased it i had a look at the reviews which seemed to be good. i ordered the dress which cost me $250, i purchased the dress as it is my brothers wedding, in a top classy hotel with lots of family gathering and clebs attending. so i had to send a bit of money to make sure my dress looks very nice. I got the dress after a month, and also had the pay for post and packing even thou it stated it would be free. so when i got my firstly the color was wrong, description did not match, size was incorrect, beeds was falling off, different material. when i contact them they did not want to exchange or offer a refund. i am so upset because i spent nearly $260 on a dress that is very poor quality and would not even take it if someone gave it to me for free. so GUYS PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM ANY SITES... THERE ARE ALL SCAMS..
 27th of Apr, 2012 by   LJonesx +2 Votes
I ordered a dress from Tidebuy in February. After ordering the dress I read reviews on the internet about how poor the quality of the dresses were and my heart sunk. The dress I'd ordered looked stunning, everything I wanted and more, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. My dress arrived much later than they promised and what they didn't state on the website was that there'd be an extra fee to recieve the dress due to customs charges. I opened the package and cried. The dress is nothing like the image they had on the website. What was supposed to be a stunning diamante pattern actually just turned out to be some cheap plastic beads, sewn on with white thread following the lines they'd drawn on the purple fabric in thick balck pen. The wonky-cut straps on the dress were a different colour to the chiffon used, and the beads on the strap werent even sewn on in a straight line! And if that wasn't bad enough, the stitching inside bust area was also visable on the outside as they'd sewn right through the chiffon. The dress itself was well made, but they ruined it with the detail. After speaking to a seamstress she offered to try and fix the dress, but unfortunately she couldn't get the beads off to fix it as the fabric was cheap and would just fall apart, so nothing can be done with it. I now have a dress I can't wear, Im £100 down, and my school leavers is in 10 days. Im devestated. I wouldnt recommend Tidebuy to anyone.
 3rd of Jun, 2012 by   kandymandy +1 Votes
TIDEBUY is the absolute worst website to order anything off of. My junior prom was this year, and I ordered this dress, since it was cheaper on this website. After about a month and a few weeks, the dress came in and it was packed in an ugly bag, as if it had no value! So, I opened it and my heart literally dropped. Two hundred dollars had just gone down the drain, because I refused to wear that crap to my first prom. It was way too big, it was supposed to be zebra pattern underneath, and it was cheetah. It was also supposed to be a high low dress and the front dropped way too low and you couldn't even see the pattern. Tidebuy did not respond to our emails, and we sent pictures! WORST WEBSITE EVER. If you don't want a ruined event, then don't buy from these scam artists. I must admit these jokers are good, and they make their money from first time buyers.
 12th of Jul, 2012 by   HannahZ +1 Votes
I am very dissappointed with Tidebuy. Purchased a dress a little while ago, recieved it promptly but there were obvious faults with it. There have been any emails back and forth but they either tell me to think of their costs or that it is my fault. I was wondering if someone could help me out on how to go about getting my money back from PayPal? This is my number 1 objective right now, absolutely sick of dealing with these people! ;/
 25th of Sep, 2012 by   Margaret Malone +1 Votes
I am very disappointed with the service I have received from Tidebuy. They sent me a dress, full of stains, the stitching on the seams had big gaps, there was puckering at the neck where the lace met the bodice, the bodice pattern was not straight. The zip was puckered on one side, so where the bodice met the skirt the pattern didn't match. The sequins on the lace of the train were coming off. It was to tight and 3 inches too long. I have sent many emails to the company, they have only responded to one email, and said the staining on the dress is due to transportation, they didn't mention any of the other issues. I have sent them so many pictures, but to no avail. I had to laugh when in their email they said if I try the dress on, I will be amazed at the affect, yeh! right The only amazement I felt, was 'What shoddy workmanship'. I doubt if I will ever get my money back, and can't believe they have 5 stars, how can that be???? Confused.
 3rd of Feb, 2013 by   Nazira Khan +1 Votes
Tidebuy is horrible, my dress nothing like in the picture, cheap fabric, it looks like they prepared my dress in couple day . Please don't buy from them, you will regret big time
 7th of Mar, 2013 by   David07 +1 Votes
Do NOT buy from Tidebuy!!! I ordered a dress a week ago and I need it for an upcoming event. I received an email yesterday saying my order was not in production so I panicked and rushed to go but a new dress. I found one and spent 180. The order from tide buy was 135 so I spent a little more on my new dress. I emailed tidebuy back saying cancel my order then if you don't have the dress I don't need it because I had a deadline so I can't restart and wait for a new dress. I bought one today so your product will no longer be of use to me. They emailed me back saying that I misunderstood the dress is in progress and I should ever so kindly take it. They put time and energy into the dress and I should just continue and take it because they cannot give new a full refund. So I am out 135 bucks and I had to go get a new dress for 180 at least I didn't. Buy it online I found a good last min dress for myself in an actual store with actual competent people. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND WILL NOT REFUND YOU FOR ANY READON WHATSOEVER
 7th of Apr, 2013 by   Janelle Rager 0 Votes
Janelle R. This site sucks so bad. I ordered my wedding dress and it came with a big stain right on the front. I have written a ridiculous amount of email and they will not refund my money! This sight is a $#*!ing joke! I lost my money and had to buy a new dress! Tidebuy can write as many comments to people as they want, it's compete bull$#*!. I am now taking legal action against the company and my lawyer stated I have a great case and will get my money back! I guess I should of known not to order my dres from a country that has 3 year olds making their dresses! This company should be ashamed and I'm going after them full force! Most people give up but I am seeing this through until I get my money back! Scumbags
I am going to put this review everywhere an make sure noone else looses their money! I will be a thorn in their side till they refund my money!

Mortgage Fraud and Addiction