Dress quality

Dress looked nothing like the pictures provided. When you try to complain the Tidebuy dispute link won't work, their responses - when and if received - make little sense and the dress is likely arrive too late to start a dispute through PayPal. Also I didn't see the Tidebuy website advising about import tax, and I've just had a bill from HMRC just to add to it all.

If you've ordered via PayPal go back to the PP website, click on Legal Agreement, then Acceptable Use of Policy and scroll down to a report tab. You can then join me in letting PayPal know of your experience and help me get an investigation started - the more people who do so the more notice I'm sure they will have to take.
Complaint comments Comments (44) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Clothing, Shoes & Acc

16th of Sep, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I had bought two dresses as i could not decide which one. However i could they were not as glam as the picture. Also dont fit but that's my fault for thinking i could squeeze into a smaller size! However they are totally useless to me. I have tried to contact the company for a returns address as Im sure the site states if delivered to wrong address then they won't refund money. I have called the numbers on contact us and emailed the email adresses and the live chat. But no response. Gutted left out of pocket with two crap dresses! Dont buy from them.
 27th of Oct, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I ordered a wedding dress from this company, when I received the dress back it looked nothing like the product being sold. The dress was custom made with bad stitching and a needle was stitched inside the dress that cannot be removed without having the lining removed. When I sent them a photo to dispute the item, all they wanted to do was give me a coupon for another item
 14th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was not satisfied with the dress I received. It did not match the picture in the catalog - wrong fabric, poor workmanship, etc... According to the company's return policy, I had to submit the pictures in order to get a refund. I did a photo session and e-mailed them the pictures with explanation of the reasons why I am not pleased with the dress.
This is the response I got:
"You look really beautiful in that dress. Since you've already got that dress and it fits you very well, would you please take it?"

THEY think it fits me well. I don't.
I started a dispute through PayPal, but it was denied.
So, they are not going to refund me $173 for the dress I cannot wear.
Please, stay away from these bunch of liars and tell all your friends to never shop with them.

14th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Well well! After lot of researching I found tidebuy website. It looks good and very cheap which is round my budget. Furthermore, I was reading the customer reviews. A little bit scared but ignore because I love this wedding dress.
As they said it came on time. I am very exciting. I gathered everybody. When I opened I am really socked. I cannot even talk for 10 mints. Once the pack open, as the embroidery and some of decoration not done properly it fallen down to the floor. Addition to this, the stitches not done properly, when I sit down and change the position it made sound like something tear. The description said it is taffeta but I got satin plus very poor quality.
I tried to contact them. I wrote a lot of e-mail nothing. Refund and exchange forget it. Forget it. You cannot get your money. The any answer you can get the system respond you e-mail. What a scam sit. Somebody please do something.
What can I say? It is a disaster. Very very disappointed. Please don’t even think to do something even if you love it.
 20th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
Dear Customer,
We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced while shopping with us. Please post your full order number so that we can investigate your case further and offer solutions.

28th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I ordered my wedding dress at Tidebuy.com and I'm really satisfied with the service and the product. First of all, it was really grateful to be able to trace my dress all the way by the Tidebuy's and TNT's websites, so I could know exactly the status of my order. Second, the shipping was really fast: it took less than 1 month from the day bought it to the day I received it. Third, however I was a bit hesitating about the product quality, now I see I had no reason: the dress design is absolutely the same as the picture and the size I took fit almost perfect to me. The only thing I didn't like very much was the embroidery, because they used some material I'm not very found of, but, for me, it's a tiny detail which I'm going to fix it myself. I think when you buy a dress or other clothes online, you have to know that it is made in a standard size and it probably won't fit perfectly to you. It's absolutey normal to have to make the hem of the dress or to change one thing or another. I guess what makes the dress impeccable is the personal touch you give to it.
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
I ordered my daughter prom dress start of october still not had it iv emailed them etc & they sent me a tracking no but can not even get on that now iv put a complaint in the the company & paypal . Not Happy
 3rd of Jan, 2012 by    +1 Votes
we ordered & payed for my daughters prom dress in october & still not come iv emailed them & they sent me a tracking no & that said it was at coventry the start of december( i can not get on to that web site now lol )i only live in solihull so why its taken 5 wks ? i been emailing them etc .I just want a refund so iv asked the company & paypal NOT HAPPY with the service at all we will just see how long i will wait for a refund ?
 5th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Your experience is really terrible. Maybe next time, you should pay more atention to it.
I have a wedding dress of white simple style from Peridress! They made and sent it to me after promised days! It looks amazing! Very good fabric and exquisite seaming handwork! I am in love with it! Thanks for Peridress’s dress and their best price!
 21st of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - I have received my wedding dress and it is awful

I have received my wedding dress and it is awful, there are stains on it, dark ones, holes in the dress, marks where the cotton has run, there is a pannel not even sewn up.I have sent pictures and they are not replying to my emails with regards to a refund. The dress is at best a very very cheap replica of the picture massive regrets.
 24th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Sadly, I too, am a Tidebuy victim. I ordered a wedding dress from them and finally received it in the mail. It looks nothing like the photo- and my emails were not answered in regards to measurements or personal changes (I did not want a lace up back, I just wanted a zipper). Thank God I didn't put any faith into the company as I did some research prior to my order. I read good and bad reviews- so ordering this as my last ditch effort because I figured I could spruce it up on my own if I didn't find something else, was not a complete loss. The vintage "embellishments" consisted of 6 or so giant silver sequins with silver beads in the middle. Yeah. That's it. It looked like it was from the Dollar Store. Seriously, I made better dresses in Home Ec in high school. There's loose threads, and a wide chunky generic cut to the dress (like that of the neckline to a mu mu)
I will donate this dress because I don't care to deal with the process of sending it back. I've read it's a nightmare. I'd rather post my experience, vent through words to help someone else. I did, however, find my wedding dress on another site. It is on Oncewed, here you can get used or never worn dresses at a fraction of the c
 24th of Mar, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Sorry. The cost. My dress came from a real shop by a real designer and I spoke to the owner over the phone and paid with PayPal. It was very inexpensive and safer. Not to mention, quality.
Don't buy Tidebuy. The quality makes me laugh. And I can't figure out why all the weird numbers and signs in my above post. Hmmm
 5th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - We need to make sure no one else falls for their false claims

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!! We ordered & paid for a dress an Feb 13, 2011 and still have not receved a dress. They asked when I needed it by and I said april 3rd and Rita said she would tell the factory. This correspondence started on March 13. She kept saying all the things I wanted to hear because I didn't want to believe I just got screwed. But after being told time after time to be patient and then asking for more time I got fed up & requested a refund. She had the nerve to tell me to be patient because its their busy season - well no $#*! sherlock! It's prom season and you claim to make amazing dresses at a low cost in a relatively short amount of time. She told me no that whenever the dress got here I should just be happy & that if it came too late I could just give it away. So after I went on to TideBuy to log a dispute - which is next to impossible as the page refreshed after every 20 seconds & you lose everything you type. But I copied & pasted and it finally said my dispute was successfull. Well guess what when I went back the next day there was no dispute filed on the purchase. Luckily I went in to PayPal to see what my options were on day 44 because to log a complaint you ONLY HAVE 45 DAYS FROM THE DAY YOU MADE PAYMENT. So I logged a dispute with PayPal & the next day I got a response saying I would have a refund if my dress could not be delivered on time. Then once that dispute was logged Rita at TideBuy got real nice & insisted my satisfaction was important & my dispute on their site turned up. But since then Rita has gotten back to being unconcerned with my satisfaction & insists I can't have a refund & no one will respond to my PayPal inquiries. So tomorrow I will escalate my claim in PayPal if I don't have a refund. My daughters best friend also ordered from this company but she didn't get it custom sized and she did receive her dress but it looked nothing like the picture & was the wrong color. So they are having all new tulle & beading put on the dress so they now have NO savings to show for the dress. BUYER BEWARE!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY & IF YOU DO BE AWARE OF PAYPALS 45 DAY POLICY!! We need to make sure no one else falls for their false claims and they no longer get to have a busy season.
 12th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - Please, don’t ever buy from this company

I ordered a wedding dress from Tidebuy.com on Feb. 6/12. I was told it would take 23-30 calendar days before it would be shipped. My dress was not shipped until March 29/12, 51 days later. According to the measuring guide and size chart, the dress should have fit me perfectly. I was able to close the zipper but the sleeves did not fit and there was extra material in the bust area. The dress did not look at all like the picture on the website, and the fabric was all wrong too. One of the buttons on the back fell off as I was taking it out of the bag. I am an extremely dissatisfied customer. I will never order from Tidebuy again, and I will tell everyone I can to stay away from it, too. Please, don’t ever buy from this company! They are running a huge scam.
 16th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - Don't be fooled by the pretty pictures, the dresses don't look anything like that

This is the worst customer service I have ever had! I ordered a dress in March and did receive it in time but when i got it the size was wrong, the color was not what I ordered, it was cheaply sewn and the built in bra strap on the back was sewn on backwards. So I e-mailed them and they told me that they had spent a lot of time and money on this order and that it was an easy thing to fix. What?! So I asked for a refund I never got a response. I will be calling my credit card company to dispute this ridiculous charge!!! Don't be fooled by the pretty pictures, the dresses don't look anything like that!
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by    +1 Votes
i purchased a dress from tide buy, before i purchased it i had a look at the reviews which seemed to be good. i ordered the dress which cost me $250, i purchased the dress as it is my brothers wedding, in a top classy hotel with lots of family gathering and clebs attending. so i had to send a bit of money to make sure my dress looks very nice. I got the dress after a month, and also had the pay for post and packing even thou it stated it would be free. so when i got my firstly the color was wrong, description did not match, size was incorrect, beeds was falling off, different material. when i contact them they did not want to exchange or offer a refund. i am so upset because i spent nearly $260 on a dress that is very poor quality and would not even take it if someone gave it to me for free. so GUYS PLEASE DON'T BUY FROM ANY SITES... THERE ARE ALL SCAMS..
 23rd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - Poor quality

Beware, there customer service is awful and quality is too! Received a dress that is poor quality, torn, liner hangs out, side hip 1 1/2 inches larger than the other, chest area has a 1/2 inch gap where not sewed correctly. When you email, they just reply with a generic/poor english reply and never answer your questions. After over 10 emails, they now tell me they will give me $10 dollars. Beware of the false advertising they list. I even tried calling, they dont have anyone on the phone that has good English, the lady did not even understand what I was saying. Order 169085.
 25th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - Don't buy from these scrupulous people

I bought a dress from tidebuy - wish I never had. It was made from a different lace fabric, arrived unfinished and with a stain. When I asked them to please take it back and reimburse me my money I got nothing but silly emails written by a clearly incompetent customer service department telling me the dress is nice and that there are no obvious flaws with it. I am disappointed and angry and would only recommend you one thing: DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCRUPULOUS PEOPLE!
 27th of Apr, 2012 by    +2 Votes
I ordered a dress from Tidebuy in February. After ordering the dress I read reviews on the internet about how poor the quality of the dresses were and my heart sunk. The dress I'd ordered looked stunning, everything I wanted and more, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. My dress arrived much later than they promised and what they didn't state on the website was that there'd be an extra fee to recieve the dress due to customs charges. I opened the package and cried. The dress is nothing like the image they had on the website. What was supposed to be a stunning diamante pattern actually just turned out to be some cheap plastic beads, sewn on with white thread following the lines they'd drawn on the purple fabric in thick balck pen. The wonky-cut straps on the dress were a different colour to the chiffon used, and the beads on the strap werent even sewn on in a straight line! And if that wasn't bad enough, the stitching inside bust area was also visable on the outside as they'd sewn right through the chiffon. The dress itself was well made, but they ruined it with the detail. After speaking to a seamstress she offered to try and fix the dress, but unfortunately she couldn't get the beads off to fix it as the fabric was cheap and would just fall apart, so nothing can be done with it. I now have a dress I can't wear, Im £100 down, and my school leavers is in 10 days. Im devestated. I wouldnt recommend Tidebuy to anyone.
 23rd of May, 2012 by    0 Votes

Tidebuy.com - Please do not order anything from this site

I ordered a dress for my daughter's graduation without reading these reviews. I wish I had. It was ordered on March 20th and it is now May 23rd. I informed them that I needed the dress by June 1st and they told me they were making it a priority. It has not been shipped yet and so I attempted to cancel the order. They told me that all they would refund is the shipping because they have spent money on labor and materials. How is that possible when the dress is not made yet? Please do not order anything from this site.

Tidebuy.com Logo Tidebuy.com