The Truth about: Sheriff Mike Hunt/AIKEN COUNTY SHERIFF DEPARTMENT in Aiken South Carolina

Posted:

Corruption & Misconduct

1.25
Michael Hunt - AIKEN POLICE DEPT Corruption
Aiken, South Carolina
topix.com
The Truth about Aiken County's Police Departments, what Corrupt Sheriff Mike Hunt don't want you to know about- HERE ARE POSTS FROM SEVERAL AIKEN COUNTY CITIZENS STRAIGHT FROM www.topix.com:
"Lt Daniel Gainey, who lead the Aiken County Sheriff's Office narcotics unit, was fired for misconduct in office to include falsification of time cards, etc. Sheriff Mike Hunt refused to comment on this termination as his officers continue to break the rules and violate the law in Aiken County."
"Aiken is not like other places in South Carolina. For some reason it's just a screwed up place with alot of public and law enforcement corruption."
"I had a run in with the aiken county sheriffs office one time. I had a private detective stacking out my home due to injury on the job. This man came in my yard and told my wife he worked for the sce&g power company. I called the sheriffs office and the officer pulled the man over. The officer contacted me and confirmed that the man did work for the power company. I did some home work and come to find that the man was a private detective and the officer lied to me. I call SELD and they said i could put the detective firm on no trespass notice. I called and talked to the officers supervisor and told him that his officer had lied to me. I was told he didn't lie to me and that he would get back with me. Upon getting back with me he said the officer had to lie to protect the detectives investigation. I then told the supervisor that i just wanted the man put on trespass notice. I was told that Sheriff Hunt said i could not do that. My question is that is SLED said i could why can Mr. Hunt tell me I can't. I think things are run on the good ole boy system here in Aiken SC!!"
"I also heard that Mr. Hunts duty weapon got stolen out of his county issued car. What was Mr. Hunts punishment or is the sheriff not punishable. If this had been a deputy he would hav lost his job. So who is Mr. Hunt acountable to."
"Any law enforcement officer who looses his weapon or allows it to get stolen must be charged with "failure to secure his weapon." There is probable cause for SLED to charge Sheriff Mike Hunt with this charge."
"Sheriff Mike Hunt also withheld an arrest warrant against former Clearwater Fire Chief Mike Toole for more than 18 months until he got pissed with him and then decided to serve him with the aged hearsay warrant although he had already fired the deputy who initially sought the warrant from the magistrate. This is also probable cause for SLED to issue an arrest warrant against Sheriff Mike Hunt for misconduct in office and obstruction of justice. "
"What a f&&kup sheriff. I heard all he has is a GED, not even a high school diploma. It seems like he would toss any one of his deputies under the bus when the going gets tough. Who would want to work for this idiot? "
"That's the problem, GED: Not very many self respecting professionals would want to work for the Aiken County Sheriff's Department. In my heart I know that the majority of them are professional people working a thankless job with crappy hours and crappier pay and I thank them for that. The problem is that when they do hire a bad apple, they do an amazing amount of damage, not just petty stuff like pissing off the mayor's wife either. My personal opinion is that he hiring practices need to be looked at, and if that is the responsibility of Sheriff Hunt, then so be it. But remember, a Sheriff is an elected official, a politician. We can vote him out if someone else runs. "
www.topix.com/forum/city/aiken-sc/TOBM51SBH4SB38JLA
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Bullying and Harassment at Work

Comments

30th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
After reading the majority of the posts & comments on here...I have ONE relevant question : Why doesn't SOMEONE, anyone, run against this guy? IF any of you really & truly cares about the present & future of this county, not to mention your children, then put your name (s) on the ballot for Sheriff next time! One of the more disturbing things I've heard about Hunt...is that sometime back, a crackhead from the Valley "took" Hunt's service weapon, his gun and beat hell out of him! That's OUR Sheriff folks! Aiken County needs a Sheriff who can & will strike fear in the hearts of these ba*tards! I'll guaran damn tee you...they haven't made the crackhead that could take MY gun!!! What about this Meth Epidemic that's slowly & surely consuming our county? We pick up the paper & see arrest after arrest of Meth USERS. Where are the Meth DEALERS? Well they're damn sure not in jail are they!!! Why not Sheriff??? You arrest all these users...and you can't manage to turn them against their dealers??? Why not? Could it be because they fear their dealers...but not YOU? A leader leads from the FRONT... not in the REAR with the gear! Our county needs a Sheriff who "WALKS TALL!" Well...it's hard for a 5 foot 4 midget to walk tall!!! So...when a real man finally comes along and puts his name on the ballot against "Mikey"...then get off your butts, go to the polls and vote for someone, anyone, who will put the well being of this county and it's honest, hard working citizens ahead of his own petty, greedy, corrupt concerns!!! How did the likes of HIM ever get elected in the first place??? That's a shame & disgrace on the people of Aiken County!!!

Contact Us