The Source.ca

The Source.ca
Canada
Phone: 1-866-508-6312
thesource.ca
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Credit Cards

Comments

2nd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Hi, I would like to bring to your attention that recently I had endured a very horrible experience with the Source Circuit City and their customer service. Firstly I had made a payment on my account on Sept 11 2008 of 20 dollars and the due date on the account was Sept 13th 2008. No problem right? Wrong the Source never registered my payment at all and sent me my bill on Oct 1st without indicating my 20 dollar payment was made on Seot 11th 2008 and added interest on top of that. This was very disturbing to say the least. I made the payment with CIBC and had my proof of payment stamped and still in my possession for my records. I immediately called the Source customer service and spoke with Miriam at approx 13:15 on Oct 1st and hit a brick wall. She was no help and nobody could provide me a reason on why my payment was never received. I then went to the CIBC branch where I had initially made my payment and waited 30 minutes in a line up and finally spoke with the branch manager. I had spoken with the same lady in person whom processed my payment on Sept 11th 2008. Her name is Kalie Fong atCIBC 5705 Victoria Drive Vancouver BC V5P 3W5 604-482-2697 ext 242. Kalie said she would take care of it. She was also very confused like myself and could not explain why my payment did not go through and would investigate. I had given Kalie my proof of purchase documents and personal information and she said it would take 48 hours. After returning home I decided to call the Source once again and had spoken with the supervisor Myra and explained my current situation once again. I had made the call at approx 14:15. Myra eventually hung up on me for no reason after I had tried to get some answers to this current dilemma. I thought that hanging up on a customer was wrong? In fact I know it is wrong and will make a formal complaint. I am also happily aware that the conversation was recorded which is proof yet once again I have a reason to complain. I had checked the customer service with Source the next day OCT 2nd 2008 and my payment of 20 dollars that I had made on Sept 11th was processed!! Why now, and why so late? Why did I receive poor customer service from the Source? Why was the payment delayed? My valuable time was wasted, and this is not the way to treat valuable customers. The next business day I received a call from CIBC from Kalie and was told that the error originated from the Source Circuit City. Why did this happen? What if I had not noticed this error? Perhaps there are other customers like myself whom had the same thing happen? This is not acceptable! I would like someone from your company to contact me on this matter. This email will be archived for my records and by all means please investigate this matter. I am a valuable customer and need some answers on many issues and one of them regarding the un professional approach the Source Circuit City had given me, and the mistreatment of my account and myself. This was a huge inconvenience for me and a big headache! Sincerely, John Sawchuck604-877-1748
 28th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes

The Source.ca - Sold me a broken netbook
The Source by Circuit City
Mission Park Shopping Center
Kelowna
British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 250-860-5531

I purchased an Acer netbook for a Christmas present at The Source in MIssion Park Mall in Kelowna BC on Dec 17, 2011. The netbook was not in the box but was in a display case and was the last one in the store. The salesman put it back into the box without turning it on to test it. When my daughter turned the netbook on on Christmas morning, we discovered that the screen was broken. When we tried to return the netbook to The Source, the manager refused to give us an exchange or refund and implied that we broke it. He told us that he would talk to his manager. He called us later at home and said that his manager told him not to give us an exchange or refund. When I asked for the manager's name and contact information, the store manager refused to give it to me. He said that they would have to send the netbook to their repair depot and if they determined that the damage was "user caused, " we wouldn't get anything in return for the netbook and would be out the $250 we paid for the netbook.

I contacted another Source store and asked them what their policy was. The manager told me that when they sell something that is in a display case, they always turn it on to show the customer that it works properly. Later that day, I made a purchase at Future Shop and asked the salesman what would happen if I opened the box when I got home and the item was damaged. He said "things happen in manufacturing, shipping, or storage. If it's damaged in any way, bring it back and we'll replace it or give you a refund."

I've opened a claim with The Source but haven't heard back from them. BUYER BEWARE - DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE SOURCE! I will never shop there again and from now on will only deal with Future Shop or Best Buy. The Source is not worth the hassle and it's not like they have amazing pricing. This is the first time that I have ever purchased a defective product anywhere and the onus was placed on me to prove that I didn't break it.
 11th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
I also have had a huge problem with the Source, ParrySound. March 2012 I bought an Acer computer and purchased an extended warranty for 3 yrs. The first year I started having problems and it was sent to Mississauga and it was gone for a month. They said they put a new hard drive in. It was still going to blue screen and crashing and freezing after I got it back. They sent it away again and said they had wiped it clean, back to factory. I am not very computer savvy but my pictures appeared back on. I thought it was wiped clean? I got it back after another month and it went to blue screen and crashed within 5 min. They took it back again for 5 wks and when it came back this time the disc driver was not working.My husband complained and they offered to replace the computer. I not only wasted 3mo. of internet service but their telling me I have lost the last year of my warranty and the new computer has no paperwork and no warranty.Plus I had to give them my other computer. I left there in tears. What kind of way is this to treat a customer? The Source has my contact infomation and I would appreciate a follow up on this.Regards, Sue Folk

Contact Us