Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

the general auto insurance

Posted: 2011-04-18 by

accident

the general auto insurance
I have the general since 8/1/2010 to present my car was recently involved in a accident and my sister was cited for the accident. The general said they were going to deny my claim due to no one is allowed to drive my car that i signed some restricted policy which to my knowledge i did not, then come to find out that I don't have any tow medical or my custom equipment on my policy that I requested to have, which all this time I thought I was paying for so i'm trying to figure out what am i'm paying them almost $200 a month for. they are the biggest scam I ever dealt with if you have them leave, I would not recommend them to anyone at all they are the worst. I thought that they should be able to pull up any past quotes that you may requested and purchased but they saying that they can not they are so full of crap and i'm so pissed I will be filing a lawsuit against them no matter what the outcome just to let people know how they treat you even after they get your money... DO NOT USE THEM THEY ARE A SCAM!!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
you shouldnt have let your sister drive. and dont plead ignorance, you knew you didnt have that coverage.
 5th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
Yes I agree the general car insurance company. Is a ripoff I suffer a bad claim with a even higher rate increase now. They not even think about reversing the rate at all and now may have pay this rate for a while. TG from Florida
 7th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have not had the experience of these people, my rates with the General are lower than they were with many other insurance agents, I had to exclude some drivers because of a screwed up title and registration situation, and the agents at the General have always been friendly and helped me when no one else would. They also send documentation that you must fill out and sign to exclude drivers so come on, that is just not true mad...
 1st of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I had the General for two vehicles. The first was my truck (first accident I ever had to claim in my life). At age 43 I was hit by a guy running a red light (looking down at his G.P.S.). He was 100% in the fault. No problem with that. Eight days later, my Jeep was hit by a drunk driver while parked on my street. Again, The General insurance company walked me through that with no problem. Great service for that. However, I am having issues with having other cars insured. First they wanted me to send them proof that the two previous accidents were NOT my fault. I had to explain several times they had all the paper work. Now they are telling me I can't change the kind of insurance I have for my vehicles. I tried adding another car (paid for in cash) and they want to keep full coverage on it as if I owe a financial institution. I may cancel the policy completely. I can't insure with them for six months in order to get a new policy. Therefore, I may have to leave them all together. They are charging me almost $300.00/month on two used vehicles that value at less than $7, 000. They are charging me collision on cars they say are two old to pay out if something happens to them. ???
 4th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I cancelled my policy a week after paying my premium with this insurance company. I asked for my prorated refund. They wrote back saying after checking my policy, there is no premium left to refund. I repeat...one week had passed after paying my premium. I have time, I have money...I have decided to drag their asses into court just for the exposure. I am also reporting them to the local news for media coverage so that others are warned not to do business with them.
 12th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have had the general for 4 years with an accident claim that was our fault, backed up and hit a pole. They paid right away. Added cars, removed cars, changed drivers with no problems. Customer service is excellent and polite. Had points with a driver and they still covered at really low price. Prefer you to use computer to service your account, which means you have 24 hr access.

Contact Us