logo

Chase Bank
CLOSED MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT NOTICE
2. (5 mins ago)
Value Gas Station-on Dundas St
Scamming gas station and rude service
3. (5 mins ago)

The Cover Guy

Posted:    Yama

Bad service

The Cover Guy
I have been waiting for my spa top ordered in September. The company collected our money in quick fashion. Since then I have been told that they confused my order and needed the color of top. I immediately responded and again was told that the top would be delivered aspa. I was informed that the top was shipped but the tracking number was invalid would advise anyone considering this company think twice.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Dec, 2009 by   cbasil 0 Votes
The Cover Guy fully supports all the products we sell, and we strive to provide the best customer service that we can.
If any of our valued customers have any issues with their covers we do ask that they contact us directly and we will work with them to come to a resolution.
The average life of our covers is 5-7 years depending on upgrades and handling.
Our covers are the best in the industry because each cover's foam is sealed in plastic, not tape like many lower quality covers, and each cover has two pillows on either end of the seam to prevent heat loss. We also offer and recommend the vapour barrier and insulted hinge that help improve the covers longevity.
The vapour barrier is a thick chemical resistant plastic sealed to the foam to completely prevent the foam from absorbing any water. The insulted hinge is a full length pillow that runs the entire seam of the cover to prevent any potential heat loss from the center seam.
We make each cover based on the size, color, shape and dimensions specified by the customer.
We are a custom Hot Tub Cover provider so we always recommend that you double check your measurements.
When a cover is delivery to a customer we emphasize that they check packaging for damage before they sign. If the cover is damaged we will replace the cover within a reasonable time frame.
The Cover Guy has a long standing record of positive feedback from our many satisfied customers that are now becoming repeat customers for accessories for their covers.
The Cover Guy provides custom made covers, and even though it is rare, issues will occur. However we look at issues as a opportunity to improve upon our customer service and ensure all our customers can be added to our long list of satisfied customers.

We appreciate and welcome all feedback.
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   Lucinda May 0 Votes
After seeing how much a new cover cost from my dealer, I decided to try and find something online that better suit my budget. I saw that the cover guy made covers to custom fit your spa. I contacted my dealer for the measurements and after learning I was ordering a cover somewhere else, they refused to give me them! I couldn’t believe how difficult they were being. I called the cover guy and told them my situation, not only did they have my make and model’s dimensions on file, they walked me through the measuring process to ensure the custom fit would be perfect for my hot tub. I have already told all my friends with hot tubs about them and I know I will be using them in the future! Great company.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Carter-L 0 Votes
I had a perfect experience with ordering my new cover! The order was easy to place, the invoice came right away, then a few weeks later my cover arrived. Perfect fit! The Cover Guy was a great company to do business with.
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   Never again...The Cover Guy 0 Votes
Received my hot tub lid today after great difficulty with delivery, they used a service from a town 60 miles away who did not deliver after 2pm and only Monday through Friday. Even after sending them our measurements they planned to change the size lid I had ordered, based on the tub I own. We re-measured, and told them our measures were correct. Then the final clincher...the lid has one strap on each side...they knew the tub I owned based on the prior contact regarding size and then send a lid that I does not work for my tub unless I don't mind not securing it down. I called them with my complaint and after they told me this is how they make them and that is the way it is...they hung up on me and via caller ID...put my call to voice mail. I have not heard from them, and will now dispute this via my credit card...so much for the comment above that states they work with you when you contact them directly...unless you call hanging up and refusing my calls...working with me.
 17th of Jul, 2010 by   Judy Kruk 0 Votes
I generally have my hot tub cover replacements custom-fitted on site by local suppliers, so ordering online was a daunting task to undertake on my own. I had fully expected to deal with aggressive upsells for features I didn't need or eventually wind up with a cover that was substandard to the one I was replacing. From my first phone call, the customer service representative was helpful, informative and even recommended features that would be more cost effective in the long run. Upon receiving my cover, I had additional questions regarding my purchase and called back expecting to be told that by ordering online I was fully responsible for any issues. My second experience with customer service was better than before. After explaining my situation to the rep, she forwarded me to her supervisor, who was extremely apologetic and was more than willing to work with me until I was completely satisfied with my purchase. I now have a beautifully custom fit hot tub cover that would have cost way more if buying from a local supplier. I highly recommend The Cover Guys to my friends and am very pleased that I chose them to do business with.
 19th of Feb, 2011 by   Arfdad 0 Votes
Terrible quality product. Only lasted 3 years and the warranty was worthless. Read More: http://www.daddysnuts.com/spa-hot-tub-covers-cover-guy-review
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   janmar22 0 Votes
I had purchased a cover & later a lifter from the cover guy without any issues. When the vinyl cover started to fade badly (I live in Ontario, Canada, not California, and we only get 2-3 months of hot weather annually) and the stitching was all rotting, I contacted the cover guy re a warranty claim.
The warranty as a prorate was worth very little & they tried to sell me a complete new cover. As there was nothing wrong with the foam I opted to buy replacement vinyl only and, as they had built the original cover, I assumed (WRONGLY!) that they could build it properly.
The new vinyl arrived & was a tight fit (too small for the foam) and although I contacted them re the problem & sent pictures they now want us to send thge botched job back to them, cover the tub with a tarp in the meantime & wait for however long it takes them to patched the botched job!!!
I take great exception to 'cbasil', the company employee. I & others have attempted to contact you first & YOU DO NOT WORK with people. YOU ARE A BUNCH OF NICKEL & DIMERS!!
Never Again 2