logo

TeleCheck

Posted:    KarL82

Scam

Telecheck
I have had the same bank account for 30 years. Recently when I shop at a store that uses Telecheck my checks are denied. When calling in to Telecheck they have no reason for denying the check only wanting additional information, such as verification of funds or telephone number. When asked if they verified funds they informed me yes, however, according to my bank they do not verify funds, only if the account is open or closed. When asking Telecheck why they refer to their paramaters, check writing history as one. When my checks were one month apart from a really nice store I use to deal with, when asked to speak with someone higher I need to write in, to Houson Texas, of course I need to give them all information that one could use to forge documents, copy of DDL, social security number and so on. When in fact I believe that in house (Telecheck) information is being sold. In one case, a friend of mine, an account was opened at a bank 200 miles away from where this person lives, they had his name, social, address and so on. All checks that were fraudlent were written against Walmart to the tune of over $3, 000. Why were none of these checks stopped by Telecheck, in checking the account that was opened in my friends name it was only for a couple of months so Telecheck should have know from the first check that the account was no good. Telecheck indicates that I need to shop when my bank is open so they can verify my account each and every time I write a check. So does that mean I can't shop on the weekends or at night. Some of the stores that use Telecheck are Sears, JC Penney and Walmart I wonder how much additional fraud is occurring with these stores due to Telecheck or how many people will no longer shop at these stores, who were frequent purchases.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Feb, 2010 by   AMRW 0 Votes
We are the victims of check fraud on our business in 2008. Did all the proper paperwork w/ bank, police and Telecheck. Still have them trying to collect on these checks and screwing with our account. I am going to my attorney to see what we can do. One of the people responsible was arrested in Atlanta in 2009. Need to boycott Telecheck businesses hard but can be done.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   MamabearMaximus 0 Votes
I agree with you. OfficeMax is now a client of Telecheck. They wanted more information; they are bucking to be the next Experian or Tran-Union; denying people their checks to get their attention and then information...oh so not cricket. They denied us our check and I told the manager of OfficeMax that as long as their store was a client of Telecheck's I would not be shopping there. Wal-Mart didn't get the memo, either. So, if Telecheck can't tell you why adverse action was taken, then why deny the check? I need to get my attorney on this.
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   HowlingArtist 0 Votes
I have been dealing with telecheck for 2 years. I wrote a check at Wallmart, which was denied by telecheck, and now telecheck is trying to get me to pay something that was denied by them. I contacted the BBB, and they are trying to handle it, but now telecheck is trying to tell me I signed the slip of paper that came out of the machine. I used a check, not a credit card, so there was no slip of paper that I would have had to sign. Telecheck is trying to get me to go after Walmart for the check. This is clearly Telechecks mistake, and to this day I have not seen this so called paper I signed and I doubt they will send it since it doesn't exist.

Anyone know of a good lawyer e-mail me
HowlingArtist@yahoo.com
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   marysmith57 0 Votes
my mom is 77 years old, gainfully employed and has never written a "bad" check...her check was turned down all of a sudden at the commissary she has shopped at for over 45 years...they told me on the phone that she probably wrote a bad check before when i said no attempts were made that the bank turned down they said it was more than likely her age...it provides a risk and new evaluation and guidlines by their company put her into a code 3 bad risk...now she can not use her checks in over 20 stores in our area...after vasts amount of research i find no agencies, laws nor representation that will help us...tele check is ungoverned???? what are they a division of the irs now? with no laws nor reprecussions?
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   Korny 0 Votes