logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
5. (51 mins ago)
DrGrab Malaysia
delay deliver, no refund, no feedback

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Teladoc

Posted:    Sirpur

Bad service

Teladoc
With Teladoc membership, you are promised timely access to real medical doctors "anytime, anywhere". In fact their site also states "Teladoc is there for you 24/7 wherever you may be."

But there's a caveat. If you use Teladoc "too often", you are quickly scolded by mail. They sent you a form letter telling you to use the Teladoc service less and see your in-person doctors more often. The problem is, what if you ARE seeing your in-person doctors regularly but you have a doctor who has limited hours and doesn't have an answering service? What if you're on business in another city? Isn't this the purpose of Teladoc? Apparently not.

I used Teladoc, on average, once every 2 months. Teladoc sent me a letter every 4 months telling me to see my doctor more in-person. Each time they wrote me a letter I called them or emailed them or wrote them back a physical letter explaining that I *DO* see my regular doctors often and that I *DO* update my Teladoc online medical health record with the applicable information EACH time I see my primary care doctor or have a change in health. I was doing everything right.

...Yet Teladoc terminated my account without any opportunity to appeal or be further explained as to the reason why. What constitutes "too much" use of the service, and how dynamic is that rule being applied? I don't think using Teladoc every 2 months is overkill, especially when that is averaging over a period of a year.. so for a few months I might not use it at all, but in other months I might use it a bit more often because I'm traveling or my doctor's on vacation and being self-employed without insurance I don't want to do $1500 ER visits for a sinus infection.

I believe Teladoc is using false advertising to lure in customers with a whiz-bang web site and deceptive promises, and then dump them once they actually use the service upon seeing benefit in it. And that's not right.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2011 by   Autoguy 0 Votes
Hi. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. This is the case with Teladoc. They overpromise and underdeliver, yes
 10th of Jun, 2012 by   kuzak 0 Votes
Telehealth is not designed to treat chronic conditions, only acute conditions. If you are suffering from multiple occurrences of the same condition you need to establish a relationship with a specialist to treat those symptoms.
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   Dr. fb 0 Votes
Teladoc is a temporary solution to a very serious problem that our Government doesn't want to address. The growing Physician shortage. I worked with Teladoc and I have to admit that many things can be diagnosed without seeing patients. I once diagnosed a patient with Shingle, which she confirmed after seeing a Physician live. I did have fun doing it.

Unfortunately, Teladoc has the same problem that our traditional health care system has. Despite Teladoc securing millions in contributions and investments, it pays Physicians very little. I was contacted about being one of their Physicians again after a sabbatical. I had originally stopped participating because on average, I would spend about 30 minuted per consult when you factor in time spent reading history, speaking to patient, going on line and filling out a long consultation form (every time you speak with a patient) and they pay $23.70 per consult. Not bad if you are a medical student, but not exactly a salary to make a living with. When you are contacted, you are expected to put everything down and respond. 30 minutes of your time, expected to drop what you are doing, and the legal liability for 23 bucks and change. They are paying the same amount. as when I originally joined. Like traditional insurance, they want to make huge profits, but pay Docs very little. $50 a consult would have been more reasonable, although they will still have problems securing docs for this amount.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Sal Smith 0 Votes
If you want REALLY good Telemedicine go to this website:
I used to be with Teledoc and hated them. Their doctors were nasty and you can't call a lot. For some reason they will suspend you if you call a few times. I've never had a problem with this new service. Best I did was can Teledoc and join this Affordable Access Plan (not obamacare). Thought I'd pass this along to you all.
 16th of Jan, 2014 by   JJSmith59 0 Votes
My company uses this service as a benefit for our associates. I have used it twice with adequate results. Then at 2 am one morning I requested a consult. Waited 34 minutes with my wife in pain from a UTI, only to be told there are "no doctors available tonight." I said that we pay a lot of money for your "24/7/365 service". He responded, that is only when doctors are available. Really? Very disappointed.
 25th of Mar, 2014 by   TashaL 0 Votes
It really upsets me to see this...Maybe you should try a Telemedicine company that doesnt charge per consult and one monthly fee...Check out http:CMDnow.com ony $19.95 per month over 2400 Doctors on Call waiting for you or call 1-844-309-5929

Its such a great service for individuals and Familys aswell as employers..

SAVES YOU TIME & MONEY!!!
 14th of Apr, 2014 by   dpc1 0 Votes
I tried to use Teledoc for the 2nd time. On both occasions, I had the same experience. The intake person is nice enough. Then when the doctor calls back, they ask a few routine questions & tell you to keep doing what you're doing. It is absolutely ridiculous to claim this is a legitimate medical service. On both of my calls, I told them I was running a temperature & told them the rest of my symptoms. They refused to call in any meds & told me when my symptoms worsened to call them back. Both times, I would up going to an Urgent Care center - where I was told on 1 occasion, I had an upper respiratory infection & the other time was a bad sinus infection. With proper meds, I was better in a couple of days. This "so called" doctor service needs to be out of business!
 26th of Oct, 2014 by   Edward80 0 Votes
I called in the same day for my both kids. They were coughing and they said their throats start to hurt. I called in and they charged me $20 for both in advance as separated two consultations. The doctor called for my son first and I said he was coughing and his throat hurts him when he swallows, the first thing the doc asked for is to take pictures for his throat and upload it on my account on Teladoc and she said she will call later after seeing the pictures and I mentioned my daughter she said I will call you a different call for the second consultation because as i said they are two separated cases. I took pictures and went on my account to upload them then they asked me to pay again as we're asking for new consultations. I called customer service and I told the lady who answered the phone what happened she said wait I will connect you with my the supervisor. He was very rude, he said If I don't pay the doctor will not call me back or be able to see the pictures. I told him she didn't even prescribe something for coughing so what is the point of this service if I can't get anything over the phone and to upload a picture for the doc to see I need to pay again?!!! I said I am not gonna pay again he said OK and the doc never call back I didn't even have the chance to tell her about my daughter but they charged me for her consultation. This is nonsense and ridiculous. I will never use this stupid service again. They will try anything for sake of charging people as more as they can
 19th of Jan, 2015 by   Justmeand you 0 Votes
I called Teladoc for my boyfriend who was very sick at the time while I was at work not only did they call him back in a timely manner he was also prescribed a medication that helped him out alot. I can appreciate a company that delivers, no service is perfect but it worked for me
 22nd of Feb, 2015 by   truth and nothing but the truth 0 Votes
the only time teladoc terminates an account is when you call again and again for a chronic problem that you were told can not be handled online or asking for controlled substances, teladoc gets money every time you submit a request for a consult, either from you or from your insurance, a part of that goes directly to the doctor who helped you, so there is no interest to teladoc to terminate your account for a no valid reason, also teladoc has a huge number of doctors and when the consult shows up, does not last for more than seconds [ literally ] before a doctor will pick it up . I worked with them as aboard certified physician since 2012, the management is excellent .
by the way the fact that they charge per consult argue against their desire to terminate peaple accounts.
 23rd of Feb, 2015 by   KTift 0 Votes
This service is a waste of time. On both occasions that I've called, I got the same doctor. She was the most useless, air-headed sod that I have ever had the displeasure of speaking with. She refused to give me any advise, and quite frankly she had no idea what she was talking about. I will NEVER use this service ever again. WASTE OF MONEY.
 18th of Mar, 2015 by   Patien 0 Votes
They took my $40 and I did not receive any services
 1st of Apr, 2015 by   SPS 69 0 Votes
No one ever called me back after registering with Teladoc. Called customer service back after 1 hour passes and was told that they are backed up tonight. Really???? Letting my employer know that service is not what it seems.
 25th of Apr, 2015 by   Board Certified MD 0 Votes
You idiots out there trying to fix your sinus infections and bronchitis with antibiotics.Wash your hands, don't call your doctors and ask for medicines to fix your viral illness. Yes, it is true and clinical evidence has proven that sinus infections and bronchitis are considered viral in etiology in virtually all cases and you are wasting your time by asking your doctors for antibiotics. Stop whining and face the music. Bravo to the Teladocs that don't write you a prescription for your sinus pressure and clear, yellow or green drainage ( yes it is still viral despite the color). You will be better all on your own if you hunker down and let your immune system clear the viral illness. Trust me, average infection ( sinus, bronchitis, pharyngitis, etc) lasts 21 days and fixes itself. Or, forget the advice, sniffle for 3 days, then call your doc, get an antibiotic prescription and seed yourself with resistant bacteria or cause yourself a Clostridium Difficile colitis from inappropriate antibiotic use. Bravo Teladocs that give good evidence based advice on upper respiratory illness.

Board Certified Internal Medicine Physician
Denver, CO
 14th of May, 2015 by   Joseph Donald 0 Votes
They mention on their website that average turnaround time is 24 minutes or so. You will not get even for more than 2 hours later. It is better not to waste money on this service. Visit your family physician's office.

Fraud Worrying Bankers