logo

Posted: 2012-08-18 by    Lisa1018

Service

TD Bank
New York
Is anyone interested in starting a class action suit against TD Bank? I have had a horrific experience with them and I only just opened my account last week! They've held both a check I deposited AND cash, saying because I'm new, any deposits have an extended hold. A check, I can understand holding for 2-3 days, but a cash deposit? There's no justification for that. As someone who was unemployed for a little over a month, every single dollar counts. With a new job, I was excited to finally catch up on my bills that fell behind and have general living expenses paid. They've literally taken all of my money hostage, creating quite a horrible financial hardship. I want to start a class action suit. I want to show that we can't be subjected to ridiculous policies for banks that are already insured for any sort of fraud that might occur. WE need protection from banks, not the other way around.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Nov, 2009 by   Lisa777777 0 Votes
They have charged me overdraft fees when the money was in the account. They failed to post deposits and intially showed them as available funds; and subsequently showed them as not being available. The wait time to speak with a representative is always at least ten minutes when I have called, and they have made several balance errors in the past two months. I had excellent service when it was Commerce; this is a stark contrast and I am changing banks immediately. I did some internet research and I feel good knowing I am not the only one and changing financial institutions is the right move.
 8th of Nov, 2009 by   Nancy1966 0 Votes
Same here, Staten Island, NY. I had money in the bank and now the bank says I owe $241 in over draft fees. They even said that the purchases I made in Oct were made Nov.2 I have no idea what is going on with them. If I pay the money they stole, I won't have my rent! I am going to fight them, but either way I am closing my accounts, my daughter is too. And yes, they ARE rude! Thanks for letting my vent, have a nice day!
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   StevenSzekely 0 Votes
My loan application of refinancing took more then 9 months and after dragging me thru hell and nonsense and miss handling my application, I have been denied for a ridiculous reason. (wet ceiling)
I have all the emails showing no interest, not replys to emails or calling me back to finish up the whole loan process ...it did not sound anything wrong, I felt I was taking for a ride after a while, but I did not want to give up.

I filed a complaint with BBB, no respond at all, called and left messages to higher staff just to talk to someone, they did not bother to call back...now they want me to pay them for the appraisal fee...I will dispute the charges.
Just to name a few of the staff Vyus Fuller and his boss Robert ... whatever his last name is.

Called a couple of times Joenne Fasnacht, Laurie Duncanson ...never bothered calling back.
How about that for customer service????

NO WAY TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM EVER

SHAME ON YOU

Steven
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   cherish27 0 Votes
I have been looking for months and this institution has burned me several times. This was the last straw when my account history online reflects a positive balance, and then arbitrary overdraft fee which caused future withdrawls to make the accouant negative. This is the - say 10th time to be modest this has happened simlarly?
 11th of Sep, 2012 by   mymoney1 0 Votes
The overdraft thing is old. I walked into the branch last week due to an overdraft fee of $210!!! When I watch my account religiously and always know what my balance is and what is coming out considering I schedule all the payments. I advised them they would be reversing the charges or I would take every cent I had between my 3 accounts out ASAP, including transferring my car loan. I have beena customer for 18 years. After the threat, I was able to confirm that they DO NOT POST transactions to the account in the order that you use your debit card, they POST THE HIGHER $ transactions first and also posted transactions that happened AFTER my husband's check went in electronically at midnight the night BEFORE they processed the credit. BEWARE!!! I advised them that as a customer of their bank none of those actions are appropriate. I got them to review the fees. I opened identical accounts at a different bank on upon leaving there and am glad to know that there is no minimum deposit, there is not fee for using my card a another ATM and that the online banking is real time unless is is pending due to the merchant. GET RID OF THEM QUICK!!!
 15th of Sep, 2012 by   ivanka 0 Votes
my account is new too. first payroll check i deposited was on hold for 7 days!! now the second one i deposited should clear sooner, right... nope~! plus my card is now declined. when i called tdbank, they cannot help me. chase resolves this on the phone. i have to visit a branch. i told the rep that this bank is not convient and this was unacceptable! i told her if this coninues, i will be banking elsewhere!!!
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   Johnegan 0 Votes
Happen to me this past weekend
 23rd of Sep, 2013 by   Miss.Independent 0 Votes
I deposited my payroll check into TD Bank Thursday afternoon.I checked my oline account Friday morning and my acount showed that there was the available balance of what I have deposited.I go to use my debit card and it was declined.So I thought I would wait and try again later.The same thing happend the same day.I called the bank and they told me the check looked fradulent and to come into the bank.I went to the bank and no one could help me and they told me I had to talk to the fraud department.Guess what no one would answer the phone.So I went all weekend still not being able to use my money and I have bills and 3 kids to feed.I had told my boss about the situation and she told me to wait till Monday and she will call her bank to see what is going on.So Monday morning came and the bank still had not released my money.Happen to be that my boss checked her online account and had told me the check had cleared on Friday. So why was the bank still giving me some junk about a fradulent check.So I called the bank and told them I know that when I went into the bank on Friday afternoon the check I deposited had all ready cleared and if you do not release my money right now I am calling a lawyer and calling the news.The released my money immediatly and I am going to take my money out of the bank today.
 23rd of Dec, 2013 by   Leilani1 0 Votes
I have been with this bank for years and in the past two years I have had nothing more then a headaches. I called and spoke with rude people about the overdraft fees. They seem to put all debits first and get you on hundreds of dollars in over draft fees before putting the credits. They debited my account for my car insurance on 11/13 a deposit shows on my account for 11/14 which would have been more then enough to cover the debit however after the credit they returned my car insurance for insufficient funds. I needless to say now without knowing I haven't had car insurance for a month because I thought it cleared the money was there. I am in on a class action.

Top 5 Holiday Shopping Scams