Target Stores

Posted:

Rip off company

Target
target.com
I received a gift of an inexpensive Braun D9525 Electric Toothbrush. I had little use for the item and took it back to the store, unused/opened and they agreed to take it back, but, they gave me a chit for $44 which they said I must use only in the same department and it must be all used then for the exact amount. This of course was total nonsense and I asked to see ar manager, he arrived and gave me the same idiotic story. While I had no problem with a credit I had absolutely no use for one where I had to spent it all in the same department. I refused their credit and I left the toothbrush with them as I have no use for it. I attempted to phone their supposed 'Guest Relations' number and that is only a recording, no person there to complain to. Target stores is a total waste of time and anyone who considers shopping there for any gifts for friends/relatives should be aware that if they wish to return it they will get lowest sales price it ever sold at, a chit they have to use all at once & in the same department. This rip off company now has their toothbrush back and I have nothing, but they are the looser in the end as I went to the Wal Mart store and spent $160 for items that would have been purchased at Target.

Target has a major attitude problem. As far as they are concerned the customer should never return anything. Just buy something and go away and not bother them anymore.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

7th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
actually i think you are the loser. all retail companies have the same return policies. if you want the full price back on an item you have to have a receipt or a gift receipt. with shoplifting as bad as it is companies have to protect themselves. so please go to Walmart. you are not good enough for Target
 13th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
im with andbran. i see at least 1 person a week get arrested at kohls for shop lifting, and thats just the folks who get caught.

Contact Us