Cracked Ring and Crystal Fell Apart

I purchased this ring at the Mohegan Sun Swarovski Outlet and fell in love with it immediately. Unfortunatly, I only was able to wear it for 4 months. The ring cracked along the bottom and the crystal fell apart. I pulled out my warrenty and went back to the store to inquire on what needed to be done to replace my ring. I was given a telephone number to call, which I did. The customer service representative let me know that due to the design of this ring it could not be repaired and it was not eligble for a full replacement, but I could purchase another at 1/2 price.

This is just not exceptable to me. Paying $230 for a ring that last a few months and then another $115 top replace it. It really is bothering me that Swarovski is advertising this ring on all of their billboards. I won’t buy another item from them.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful?

10th of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I have said this countless times on this site concerning "WARRANTIES ON JEWELRY" they "DO NOT EXIST" and nor will they be honored by the majority of jewelers who offer them to their customers.

I have "NEVER" offered my online customers any form of "WARRANTIES" on my jewelry because I don't sell "LOW QUALITY JEWELRY" from the beginning.

Everyone "DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY ON YOUR JEWELRY, IT IS A SCAM AND YOU'RE ONLY PAYING FOR A LIE IN ADVANCE." When a jeweler offers you a "WARRANTY" on the jewelry you're buying, I can assure you that you're going to have problems with that item of jewelry, so "DO NOT BUY IT."
 10th of Apr, 2013 by    0 Votes
I was googling the web to see if there would be a hit on cracking SWAROVSKI crystals and I came across this complaint. I purchased a designer/limited edition of a SWAROVSKI dragon last fall, 2012. I have been wanting to buy that for years since my last name in Chinese means DRAGON! I put it in my cabinet and admire it every now and then. Two days ago, I looked at it and I saw a couple of pieces on the little glass mirror the dragon is sitting on. I was SHOCKED. One of the legs of the dragon had fallen off. When I examined it closer, I found three more cracks on the body of the dragon !!! I looked at the break of the leg, it looked like a ninja had sliced it off with his super sharp sword. The break is a perfectly flat surface. I took it to the store where I got the dragon. The sales person literally laughed at me. I told her the dragon self destruct !! She said crystals don't blow up by themselves and told me the same thing that I can purchase a second one at HALF PRICE. That seems to be the standard line from SWAROVSKI. Buy something, if it cracks, customer can purchase another one for half price !!!
On a personal note, my 10 year relationship with my wife had just ended. I think there is a possibility that my pain is so severe that it cracked my dragon !!! Spooky for sure but SAWROVSKI sucks big time on customer support and admitting that they have a problem.
 10th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
Absolutely correct. I wore mine twice and the same thing occurred and I am in Canada. Totally unacceptable and poor business practice.
 17th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
This fault happened to me with nirvana ring within months too...and it's replacement (I stupidly bought another). My friends ring...the same Swarovski blamed customer care of ring on all occasions. Come on Swarovski be honourable ; accept fault and refund.

Contact Us