logo

SBI ATM Card
Transcation declained
3. (10 mins ago)
myticketsonline.eu
Lost money, not received tickets
4. (10 mins ago)
Incomplete Products

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sugardaddyforme.com, Los Angeles, California Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Charges

Sugardaddyforme.com Contacts & Informations

Sugardaddyforme.com

Posted:    DANNY EMSON

Fraudulent Charges

SugarDaddyForMe.com
Los Angeles, California
Phone: management@sugardaddyforme.com
SugarDaddyForMe.com is a dating site that promises to match up successfull and wealthy individuals. However, once they have your credit card there is no going back. It is run by Russian individuals who do no respond to emails and there is no phone contanct. Cancelling your account is not an option. They continued to bill me for several months after I emailed them to cancel. Furthermore several fraudulent electronics purchases were made with my card after I signed up with them. I'm a security aware indididual and have never experienced idnentity theft after years of online shopping. However, weeks after signing up with sugardaddyforme.com my cc was being used by fraudster all of the net. It's just speculation that the sell your credit card information, but it's fact that their customer service does not exist and THEY WILL FRAUDULENTLY BILL YOU EVEN IF YOU TRY TO CANCEL.
Comments United States Online Surveys
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jun, 2009 by   Amazeme4once 0 Votes
Cancel your credit card
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   kasaundra -2 Votes
Some of these statements and complaints are completely ludicrous. I direct the customer service department for SD4Me. We are surely not Russians or any type of foreigners. When you sign up for the site you are told very boldly that if you join for the monthly membership it is recurring and auto billed each month until you cancel with customer service. We answer all emails within 48 hours. When you join using a 3 day trial you can cancel yourself and not incur any billing as long as you cancel within your 3 day trial. If you truly have an issue, then in stead of posting it on the internet as half of this is not even close to true. Why not try using our customer service it is why we are there email support or live chat support or call us!! Free speech is sometimes abused and it is my suggestion that you always read everything before you agree to something. We are very straight forward about the auto rebill and you must actually show that you have read it before you continue on the site. So it is not fraudulent charges it is an agreement that you made with the site when creating an account. If you feel that you have not been helped and need further assistance you can contact me via customer service and I will be happy to personally assist you.

Thanks
Kasaundra
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   Amazeme4once 0 Votes
What are you talking about?
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   Amazeme4once 0 Votes
More like, Get Real, what the HELL are you talking about? Get a life!
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   Amazeme4once 0 Votes
I never called any of you or anyone else Russians & don't have a clue what you are talking about and also I do not want any kind of membership to this service or any other service or site if it costs any money so you can cancel my membership as of now if that is the case. Thank you. June 29, 2009.

Linda
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   cindyleemarie1964 0 Votes
Kasaundra, no disrespect, however I was fraudently billed and it is next to impossible to get a reply back from any emails that are sent to Sugardaddyforme.com. I have found no live chat or published contact number for this site so how would you suppose that someone would be able to actually speak to an agent.

Thanks, Cindy
 31st of Jul, 2009 by   kasaundra -1 Votes
My apologies. If you feel that you have not been taken care of by customer service please feel free to contact me directly with all of the info and I will personally assist you. That goes for all legitimate complaints, questions or concerns regarding SD4me. You can email me at KasaundraL@live.com.
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   mysteriousstranger 0 Votes
This person is fraudulantly using your site name to promote his site.Brandon Wade from seekingarrangement.com is illegally using your name in his urls to increase his internet presense on google. Here is the google ad that is running.

Millionaire Sugar Daddy For Me, SugarDaddyforMe, SugarDaddyforMe ...Featured on PLAYBOY, Seeking Millionaire is a SugarDaddyforMe & SugarDaddyforme.com site. 100% FREE for Beautiful Girls, our website helps sugar babies who ...
www.seekingmillionaire.com/sugar-daddy-for-me/sugardaddyforme.php
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   WinstonNZ +1 Votes
I joined sugardaddyforme.com one night because I was not allowed to browse photo's unless registered, I had no real intentions of using the website thou, after receiving about 50 messages I noticed a '3 days free access' banner on the website so thought I would register to reply to the messages I had received. for some reason after I joined only one of them replied to me... I do believe most of the profiles they have are generated by the administration for advertisement purposes.
When I joined I had to give CC details, fair enough as that is age verification and I had no problem with that!
12 hours after signing up I decided to cancel, I emailed cs@sugardaddyforme.com to ask they delete my profile and cancel the membership
They emailed me 6 days later to say sorry blah blah and stole $80NZ from my credit card.
They offered a free extra months membership and no further payments but I politely replied no thanks and asked them to delete my profile. They have since ignored several requests to delete.
I then changed my profile to say how they had scammed me and wouldn't delete my profile. The checked and refused the change but still will not delete my profile.
I first took the three day trial on 23/sept/09 and it was that same day I requested the cancellation. They emailed me on 29/sept with there free month trial, I declined same day and have sent atleast 15 email and website requests for them to delete my account and now they are just ignoring all my correspondence. it is now 03/11/09
This is a very poorly managed scam site. I have a local lawyer reviewing my situation and if he believes there is a case for me to take to the US (or where ever the site admin are from) then I will be, money is not an issue for me, this is purely about creating as much attention towards scammers as possible.

Whiteout words on picture are profanity :-)
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   WinstonNZ +1 Votes
It appears that pic didn't upload, will try one more time, if it doesn't work this is a copy of it, it is a screen shot of the sd website profile page of mine where I changed it and they refused the changes but still will not delete my profile. I will also add that I cancelled my CC yesterday once I started to realize this website is a scam.

"About Me:
Trying to get my account removed from this ******* SCAM website, I know you have read this so delete my ******* profile.
I have also started saving webpages of interest so have got copies of everything as well...

What I'm Looking For
I am trying to get my profile deleted from this SCAM website but have had no luck at present so do not message me as I will not reply"
Hello,

I sent these people an email sunday to cancell my 3 days before they bill me and i still hanven't heard nothing from them please help.
heres there info.

Contacts by Department

* Finance & Administration: 1

Contacts by Level

* C-Level: 1

See all contacts at sugardaddyforme.com

sugardaddyforme.com Company Directory of Contacts: Showing 1 of 1

Narrow Your Search
TITLE CITY STATE NAME/PHONE/EMAIL
Chief Operating Officer
Fort Lauderdale FL Join to view
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   sugaquuen34 0 Votes
Other contact methods - (not as fast as 1 and 2 above).
Email Address CS@SugarDaddyForMe.com
Telephone Number 877-78DADDY (877-7832339)
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   axlerod3 0 Votes
I have also been fraudulently charged by this website. They didn't respond to emails until the next billing cycle started. Immediately after I finally got my account cancelled, my credit card was charged by online "businesses" all over the world. Stay away, big time.
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   iserlorn 0 Votes
I send a cancellation request few minutes after the 3-day trial application.
Yet they completely ignore me, and go out of their way to charge the whole month membership.
A decent site usually refund a portion of the period the member haven't used
But this site use a no refund policy, so they can ignore your request and charges you.
If a member ever able to fight back to prevent future charges, the site still in the rights to get a hold of
the charges they already made.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   Tolermich7 0 Votes
I was also charged a full membership after I cancelled on the second day of the 3 day trial. I e-mailed their customer service, phoned them and left a message and tried their live chat, that never came on. So on the 4th day, there it was the charge on my card, it was supposed to be 29.95 and it was a 33.90 charge. THEN, they COMPLETELY blocked me out of the WHOLE service, I couldn't even use the basic service like sending a kiss because I threatened to turn them into the BBB, so finally on about the 15th day, they email me and OFFER me a two month, the first month is what I already paid for, (oh, can I really have the month I already paid for?), and then the next month free), I never responded, so they emailed me again, saying they will refund my money in about 10-15 days, of which I know I'll never see. I'm going to have to cancel my credit card, and be issued a new one so I won't accrue any more charges, If anyone is reading this, FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE BBB, which is what I did, and I am contacting an attorney also, this place is blatantly fraudulant, and they are and have NO intention of cancelling you before the 3 days is up. They WILL ignore you and you WILL be charged, make no mistake about it. A friend of mine on there said that it is being run by a 16 year old from his bedroom, and I'm beginning to believe such is true. I have never ever seen such bad business practices in all my years of doing business on the internet, and these people need to take some etiquette lessons, and if I were them, I wouldn't show my face in public for shame and embarrassment purposes. How do you people sleep at night?????
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Kyuuipo 0 Votes
I just filed a complaint against them with the BBB, this company refuses to answer their phone, all calls roll over to voice mail and their so called online help/chat always has a glitch and never works. Just like the old saying goes always look before you leap! This company is a scam. Also, the BBB gives this company an F. That's right an F. I had to cancel my bank card today and once the charges aren't pending anymore Im contacting my banks fraud department.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   kasaundra -1 Votes
I will state this again as I did a few months ago. SD4ME is an ever growing company. Features are always changing and we strive for excellent Customer Service. I am the director of CS for SD4ME . If for any reason you have any issues getting through to CS please feel free to email me personally Kasaundral@live.com and I would be happy to assist you.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Kyuuipo 0 Votes
Kasaundra just because you are an " ever growing company" does not neglect the fact that your company has comitted fraud on more then one occasion with the addition to the fact that you have more than 40 reports filed against your comany with the Better Business Bureau. All for the same reason, so obviously your company doesen't care about your members or people who want to cancel or their or account or should I say can't cancel their account unless they threaten to file a report against SD4ME.com or threaten a law suit against your site. I find it comical that you come on sites like complaints.com to post a rebuttal. The irony of it all is that I got a quicker response from you on a complaints.com then I did as a unwilling paying member on your website. Your company is highly unprofessional and I don't appreciate you or your company digging their hands into my bank account unlawfully. Furthermore, I will discuss nothing with you nor your company. SD4Me.com, because if you were taking care of business lawfully I wouldnt have to have had filed a report against you and notify the fraud department.

You may act clueless to what is going on Kasaunda, but you, I and alot of other people know whats really going on. Scam artist at their finest, the Better Business Bureau gave you people a well earned grade of an F. By the way this is what the Better Business Bureau had to say about your so call " ever growing company" practices.

"Company Rating F
Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices. "

" This company offers online profiles and photos of those seeking romantic partners. The company makes no claims about guarantees of successful matches, nor does it promise that members will find suitable prospects. Its website implies that those who use their services, particularly men seeking women to “pamper, ” are wealthy.

The company offers a three-day trial period, but consumers can’t take full advantage of the service without paying for a membership. The trial viewers give credit card or bank account numbers, apparently in the belief that they won’t be charged until the trial period expires. All complainants say they canceled, or tried to cancel, during their trial period but were charged anyway. Some complain that the company’s mail box is full or that phone and email messages to cancel are not returned.

The company complies with California law by requiring acceptance of its terms and conditions (its contract) before registering and by offering a three-day trial period, during or at the end of which they say you may cancel. The company’s contract does not comply with California’s requirement to notify those who accept that they have the cancellation right, and to use specified language to do that. Nevertheless, that right would have to be enforced by a small claims court action in California. "

Taken from: http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Sugar-Daddy-For-Me-100040475

Karma is patient Kasaundra, it always waits its turn.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   Kyuuipo 0 Votes
The Better Business Bureau of Southland INC.

Please Read

Taken from:

Here's the catch: SugarDaddyForMe.com holds out, for women, the promise of finding a rich man to provide for them and, for men, the promise of finding someone they'll love to pamper. Most who complain to the Bureau cancel almost immediately after they sign on, but when they're charged for services anyway, they find the Sugar Daddy trap more sticky than sweet.

SugarDaddyForMe sells romance with, from all implications, prospects who have a Dom Perignon pocketbook and will freely pour out its contents. Like a barker at a carnival sideshow, the Calabasas company not very subtly hints at what's inside that you can't afford to miss for the slim price of admission. “Ladies, ” it begins, “Are you an attractive, young woman? . . . An aspiring model, actress or businesswoman? . . . Would you like to have a man be a provider for you? . . . Do you just love to be taken care of and treated like a princess? . . . “Looking for an ExtraMarital affair?”

And for the gentlemen, “Have you . . . attained substantial success? Are you a very busy executive . . .? Whether you want to have an ExtraMarital Affair or just love to pamper a special someone, you are at the right place!”

And although the company prohibits offers of money in exchange for sex, its terms and conditions require members to keep their communications “in the nature of seeking romantic relationships where one member may wish to help the other one financially within the context of a relationship because they care for and appreciate the other person and want to help them.”

Without signing up, you can view photo after tantalizing photo of young, attractive, women in various poses and various stages of dress or undress (though the company's policies also prohibit the display of any content containing nudity). Male photos are rare.

Although you can also post your own personal information or search for persons meeting the specifications you choose just by registering and accepting the company's contract, consisting of its terms and conditions (this would be a standard, or non-paying, membership), you will have to upgrade to a premium membership to communicate by email with anyone who wants to contact you or anyone you want to contact. You will have to pay extra to receive email from non-paying members.

Memberships range from $29.95 to $34.95, depending on whether you want such features as top placement in searches, Smart Match Detection emails, etc. The “total access” feature for non-paying member communication adds $14.95 to the cost, and in every case you'll have to pay a $3.95 administration fee.

According to SugarDaddy's terms and conditions, it does not monitor the activity of its members, nor does it screen or interview them, inquire into their backgrounds, or make any attempt to verify the accuracy of their statements. It expressly does not guarantee or promise specific results to those using its website. In short, the website functions as a meeting place for romantics to seek romance, and should you find it, if you're one seeking it, you should be aware that SugarDaddy disclaims any responsibility for loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from your use of their website.

SugarDaddy offers a three-day trial period but has a strict no-refund policy once the standard member upgrades to a paying membership.

The Better Business Bureau has received 39 complaints so far about D-rated SugarDaddyForMe. All complainants say they tried to cancel before expiration of their trial period but were charged anyway. At least some of them complain that they couldn't reach a live operator or that phone or email messages were not returned. In some cases SugarDaddy responds that they did not receive the client's cancellation message until after the charge had been made.

It's clear that all complainants voluntarily paid during the free trial period, since the company had enough financial information to charge them. Complaints don't say why they paid, and only one of the complainants I've been able to contact seemed willing to talk to me in any more detail about her experience with SugarDaddy. That complainant canceled because of her concerns about background checks and concluded that the offer was a scam. “. . . there are more sexual predators on this site than you can imagine, ” she says.

My guess is that the answer as to why complainants pay so soon may also lie in the free trial itself. That is, you can browse the website, post your profile and read others' profiles and view the photos, but you can't fully experience the workings without paying. So, I suspect viewers sign up and give their credit card or bank account number, assuming no charge will be made until the end of the trial period.

I believe it could be, also, that those using the website have second thoughts about it once they realize that three days is probably not enough time to find out whether they'll get results or not.

Kim's advice: Don't get caught. Here are some ways to help you avoid losing money to companies like SugarDaddy:

. Don't give out credit card or bank account numbers unless you feel confident that unauthorized deductions won't be made. If you must give financial information to take advantage of a free trial, accept that as an indication that you probably shouldn't do business with the company.

. Pay by credit card rather than by other means so that you can dispute the charge if you need to.

. Read, read, read the terms and conditions carefully before you accept them. Among those included in SugarDaddy's three and one-half pages of fine print is one that gives them an irrevocable right to use whatever you post (that would include photos and personal information) for any purpose whatsoever.

. As always, get a Better Business Bureau reliability report before doing business. In this case, SugarDaddy's D rating is a strong statement about your chances of a satisfactory transaction.

. California law requires dating services to offer a three-business-day cancellation right, beginning with the date you sign the contract. You sign the contract when you check the “I accept” box early in the registration process, and the company's three-day trial period would comply with the three-day cancellation right requirement.

California law also requires notice of this right to be included in the contract, with specified wording, and because SugarDaddy's contract does not comply with this requirement, you have the right to cancel the contract at any time. Nevertheless, enforcing this right would require a small claims court action and would be difficult.

. A better solution is to complain to the Bureau if you've been overcharged. In almost every case, SugarDaddy has responded to complaints by agreeing to refund the consumer's money. Although, as is typical, most complainants did not notify us as to whether or not they actually received their refund, several did, and I believe it's likely that many or even most of the others received theirs, too.

Finally, be aware that money may not be all you have to lose by using this website.

What's New in Smart Phones