logo

Posted:    Suburban Propane BAD SERVICE

Tank Rental Fee

Suburban Propane
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Just had my Propane tank removed without prior notice, the tank was full!
I received a letter this year, first time in 9 years that there is now a rental fee on my tank. I spoke with a representative about the new rental fee and was told that they would waive the fee this year and begin billing me in January. I was told by the rep all was OK. Still not understanding the new fee, I thought at least I had some time to figure out what this fee was about.
While I was out - my child at home called me at work to inform me that the Suburban Truck was in my driveway and that she heard noises outside near the tank.
I called Suburban wondering what they were doing in my driveway. My first call- " we do not have any serivce scheduled at your address" Second call to inform them that they took the tank- " oh yes, you didn't pay the rental fee so we removed your tank! and by the way our policy is that you didn't have a gas delivery this year so you owe us a rental fee and you didn't pay this fee so we had no choice but to remove your tank!"
All was denied about my first conversation about the rental fee! WOW! Has anyone else experienced this??
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2009 by   johnholl 0 Votes
Well I had my propane shut off because i refused to pay this recent "tank rental" charge. $99.00 to reconnect! They can kiss my butt. So I paid the fee due for this year, called a competitor who has no fee, and told Suburban to terminate our service and come get their tank at their option. [they tried to negotiate the next years fee down... but I said bye bye]

Last Minute School Shopping