logo

Riverstone Residential Group
illegal collection after emergency
3. (23 mins ago)
angelamall.com
I got completely different order
4. (28 mins ago)
RN *REALPLAYER SUPERPA 206-674-2650 4.94 USD
monthly charge on my credit card
5. (44 mins ago)

Straight Talk

Posted: 2011-09-01 by    Marney62

Tech Support

Missouri
DON’T DO IT!!! WALK AWAY & BE GLAD YOU DID!
Do not buy the plans & do not buy the phones!
When I activated the phones (online) I requested MY old AT&T number on MY phone and my husband's old AT&T number on HIS phone. The paper work I printed off the internet activation was correct.
When they sent me the phones THEY put my number on HIS phone and HIS number on MY phone. My phone would not work. I called THEM to get my phone to work. THEY sent me a new sim card for my phone. When I recieved it I installed the new sim card and the phone worked. HOWEVER, THEY still did not correct the phone numbers. AND then the same day my husbands phone quit working. It read "unregistered sim".
After NUMEROUS (7) phone calls with THEM... THEY sent us a new sim card for HIS phone. I also told THEM to leave the (screwed up) numbers the way they were.
We received the new sim card. I called to get his phone working. After a lengthy phone call she got the phone working. BUT 5 minutes after hanging up with the tech support I noticed THEY had changed his number... to a COMPLETELY different number. I called back and waited on hold for ANOTHER 15-20 minutes. When I got a tech rep and we went over EVERYTHING (I mean EVERYTHING) AGAIN. She said they would have to send out ANOTHER sim card. I told her I wanted a refund... she said "Please, hold and I will transfer you to the refund department." After being told that I would have to be on hold AGAIN for 15 minutes... I hung up.
After 6 days I calmed down. I decided the phones were working. There was NEVER anything wrong with the phones! The setup wasn’t exactly how I wanted it but let’s move on. During this entire time I NEVER could access the internet and my text messages were coming thru as video instead of text and so I was unable to open them. OK…. Let’s call the tech support ONE MORE TIME and get this fixed. Long story short….. the tech managed to make my phone COMPLETELY INOPERABLE. The last words he told me “Please turn your phone off for 4-5 hours, during which time the codes we entered will take effect.” It NEVER happened. The next morning my husband and I drove to the US Cellular store, signed a 2 yr contract & got new phones. Amy, w/ US Cellular, is a beautiful woman who was extremely helpful and pleasant to speak (understandable english) with. We are now paying $40 extra per month to have peace of mind, speak with a US Citizen and know that we can go see Amy anytime we want to.
STRAIGHT TALK is impossible to work with. CUSTOMER SERVICE???? Really???? Is that what THEY call that????? We spent (7) weeks, numerous (10-12) phone calls, HOURS and HOURS and HOURS trying to get everything resolved. My patients are gone. It’s too late to get a refund on the phones. Although I think I’ll send them back anyway. They won’t be in the same condition … but at least they’ll have them back and I won’t have to look at them anymore.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2013 by   babythang360 0 Votes
I have had similar problems with the company. I have had two phones through them in the last four months, and they 'lost' all my information on me getting my refund. This company is horrible, and tech support is even worse.

Food Prices on the Rise