logo

AirArabia
Cancellation of Tickets
2. (3 mins ago)
delicaterx.com
They are scammers and don’t provide orders
3. (15 mins ago)
Hallmark channel
closed-captioning
4. (15 mins ago)
ABWAB STC ,SAWA
LESS SR 1,30 DAILY
5. (18 mins ago)
PCS Stamps and Coins
Sending unsolicited items and then demanding payment for items we didn't order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

State Farm Insurance, Woodstock, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Omitting details of multi-discount program

State Farm Insurance Contacts & Informations

State Farm Insurance

Posted:    scottm586

Omitting details of multi-discount program

John L. Sullivan (woodstock, Il)
Woodstock, Illinois
My girlfriend and I talked to a woman named Cilia in this office about getting the Multi-car discount with state farm. She said ok and we my share of the policy was 33 dollars a month for the basic coverage. Now, a few days later we got the paper work and noticed my payments were 20 dollars higher than cilia quoted me. I called and asked what was going on and she told me since my girlfriend and I weren't related or married that we didnt qualify for the discount and I would have to pay regular rates for a basic policy. We now were back-billed 64 dollars (the balance of the NON-DISCOUNTED RATE) because of cilias mistake!!! I talked to the office manager candy and I was VERY IRATE with her about this and felt scammed and lured into a policy just so cilia and john Sullivans office can have another policy signed up through their office. I talked to john sullivan and said he should be paying the back amount of 64 dollars and he refused so I dropped that company for a second time due to poor performance and bad customer relations. Cilia should have asked the right questions and john Sullivan should be training her and future office people the correct way to interview or his office tactics and ethics will continue to be viewed as deceptive.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Oct, 2010 by   Wpayton5599 0 Votes
You indeed were not given the correct information in the first place. The bad news is, the higher rate is correct. You have to be married to your girlfriend or you have to be an owner of her vehicle in order to get the multi-car discount.

A State Farm Agent does not have the ability to say "my bad" and give you the discount anyway. It is against the law. They have to rate you properly. It is also illegal for the Agent to pay the extra portion of your premium.

I have State Farm Insurance, and I will tell you that they are always rated right near the top when it comes to insurance companies. Sometimes human error creates a bad situation. I don't believe that Cilia did that intentionally.

Sorry that happened to you.

Do You Cheat on Your Taxes?

Latest Groups